1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

and then they didnt have an answer..do you?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sathya, Oct 19, 2007.

1. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello raman

now dont remind me
    already
    there reigns a
    fruit kingdom in my place
    where they will live on fruits
    fruits and fruits...!

sathya

2. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello lathamurali

haha....now these momas next door are great....what they will not do ? cook for little ones and spoil them eh? great ya...and shoo shoo those kannus....for having such a chweet next door mom....!

sathya

3. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello bala

and thats exactly what i did...keep kum kum...and was ready to even log in....but you see i have to decide to go gujju...and my sons had come for weekend....and i didnt have a heart to go gujju...but you see...they made food..showing off that they can cook too....so gujju and no gujju here....!

sathya

4. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello srinik

anybody asks you va.....
    hey thats
    fishing for compli......s
    well the idea just
    popped up ya
    just as i was planning a gujju day/...

sathya

5. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello a.chitra

hey that s
    copying ya....!
    those little lines
    cut short
    is my trade mark
    and somebody here
    is running off with
    the cute cup ...!
    do i sue for copywrite...?
    good one...!

sathya

6. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear satya,

Whether we go gujju or no gujju , our day went off nicely talking about it.

Anyway, mine was a gujju day. I went to my Co sisters place (near Elliots Beach) yesterday and returned only today. So cooking starts only from the evening, I got 24 hours holiday.

Love
    Latha :wave

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

nice idea yaar,
    but got scared if i get influenced and i have to shut down the computer for a day my god that would be calamity for me, nice though the rest of the list, just kept trying to place all your things in front of god and his confusion looks came to my mind, how about attukkal and ammi and all or only mixie will do..sunkan

8. desidiva

desidiva New IL'ite

That was a good write-up Sathya!

Ok, for those of you wondering about the gujjus having that one day off...well, we do have something like that...it's called "tadhi sheeri". Tadhi meaning cold and Sheeri meaning food.

I am not sure exactly when it comes as it is by gujarati "tithi" (calendar). I would have to consult my mom on that one but all I remember from my days in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region> is that it came during the monsoon season. I am sure my mom enjoyed that one day off but the day before probably made it all that much more welcoming as you had to do your regular work as well as cook for tadhi sheeri. There are a couple of special items that people make for this day and so it's not like you are fasting. The two things I remember are masala puri and vada made from Millet flour. These were eaten with Shrikhand.

Now talking about all this food reminds me of all the exquisite dishes my mom prepared on such occasions! Oh those good old days with mom and her delish food!!!

Vib

9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hahhahahahaha not bad everyone wants to be gujjus for a day :tongue that is cool. It was great reading this thread and the replies Sathya. And as desidiva has already explained to you. I think it comes in the month of July or August. Desidiva please ask your mom and let us all know. I know this as when I was staying in mumbai my neighbour was gujju they don't even make tea she use to come to my house to prepare tea and take it to her house:-D I don't mind joining all of you to be "gujju for a day"
    Can't imagine a day without laptop:bang:bang It will be like as if never completed somework for the day.
    Come on ladies lets take a day off. It is so easy to tell will this really works??????

10. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Yes Aruna,

It is easy to tell but we can never get along with that idea.

Who will take cold food in our houses? Not even you and me !!! Right? Atleast we'llhave to warm the food we cooked and kept the previous day.

If someone else will cook and serve for us, then we can have Gujju day, that's all.

Love
    Latha