1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

And Then There Was England

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sojourner, Apr 9, 2011.

1. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

I am reading a hilarious article on Prince William and his soon to be bride Katy, second in line to the English throne. Here are some gems from it:

-- William's father Prince Charles has a designated flunky to squeeze toothpaste onto his toothbrush (William and Katy who are living together now have no servants.)

-- In the college Katy went to, all new girls are ranked by the boys on a scale of 1 to 10 and she never received more than a 2. (She looks drop dead gorgeous now.) The author writes "When she becomes Queen Catherine, she will obviously have the varlets beheaded".

:)

2. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

well, i feel jealous of Williams :)

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Interesting indeed. It is even more intriguing how the British monarchy and anything to do with the inanest details of life gets the attention of the world. Nothing succeeds like riches.

4. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

The article I read was tongue in cheek. The author's point was that it is the commoner Kate who is saving the monarchy and not the other way around. She opines that if this couple divorces, people will be completely fed up with the monarchy. There is also interest in bypassing Charles and having William assume the throne.

It is also escapism. The name of the article was "Thanks Katy, In A World Gone To Hell".

5. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

I assume that you just looked at Katy's picture. Me too :)

6. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

interesting trivia Sojourner.... ...

7. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Interesting indeed. The monarchy keeps the notion of price charming alive, prince marrying a common girl again. True, its actually kate who is saving the monarchy and not the other way round.

8. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

Apparently, Diana had to call Charles "Sir" until he slipped the engagement ring on her finger :)

And she was no saint either according to this article. Of course, nor was he.