1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

And The Dance Continues....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rama,

Only few writers have the ability to put into words, their feelings, their thoughts and inner experiences in a majestic way and you have this innate talent.

When I think of my grandma there are few towering personalities belonging to the film world that comes to my mind. Lalitha Pawar, Durga Khote and Nirupa Roy- the most dreade mothers, almost in all the movies. I was completely under her control till the time I got married and the very next year after my marriage she passed away.

It is sad that I have not inherited even one tenth of her talent, her courage or her versatile skills. Nice to go through your writing and as usual it was a pleasure to read on.

Agatha83

Srama likes this.
  2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sabs
    Your title brought the "Nataraja" to mind. "The cosmic dance better continue; else there would be catastrophe". was the first thought that occurred to me.
    The motions of the Universe are what keeps us alive and the balance they strike is of paramount importance to the entire Universe.

Coming to grandmothers - yes I had the privilege of interacting with my grandmothers though the association was not for long.
    My paternal grandmother taught me how to do things patiently and completing a job with a clean finish.
    My maternal grandma always encouraged movement. She never liked to sit down for long. I must have seen her take a afternoon siesta for about an hour at the most. The rest of the time she always was physically active.
    For her movement was the asana of "Sthira Sukham".

Very lovely article as always.

Srama and Viswamitra like this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Agatha83 ,

Thank you for your words. I appreciate them. Those characters you quote meant business didn't they whether they were soft or came across harsh!

I have to say women of those generations were so different and I am afraid none of us can stand as tall as they did. We just have to be grateful for the wonderful ancestors we have in our line and only hope that we make some difference to the generations after us!

It is always a pleasure to hear from you. Thank you again!

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Now, dear Kamala @kkrish, aftr reading you, I knew instantly what I missed!! How could I not even think of that Nataraja but then I know, it is only you who can bring another perspective. Cosmic Dance!! Thank you for that.

This is simply beautiful!!

Grandmas are very special. Aren't they? We all know that! Thank you for sharing stories about your grandmothers. You know you mentioning your maternal grandmother brought a smile for mine taught nothing but how to stay put in a place (literally) and stay tight lipped. Now, I wonder how she did that, both of them - she stayed put in a certain pose every day and no physical work at all, but was stick thin; I am sure she had many opinions but never chose to share other than silently support with just a word or a nod and she chewed tobacco all her life and lived to a ripe age of 94! I wonder about her, a lot!

Thank you as always for your warm feedback.

kkrish likes this.