1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

And Thatz The Twist!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jananirbk, Jun 7, 2010.

1. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

And Thatz The Twist!!

Friends!! I have been preparing my daughter for her pre-kg the last two months!! At nights before sleep, I used to ask her "Varsha!! Are you going to go to school?" She will excitedly reply "Yes mom!! I will get up early, brush my teeth, drink my milk, take bath, and wear uniform, tie, belt, socks, shoes, take my school bag, pencil box, water bottle, snacks box, and will go to school in school van!!" Then, I will ask "How much you like your school, Dearie?" She will stretch her hands as far as she can and tell "I like my school this much!!" :cheers And the D-day finally came!!

People told me mostly all children will cry for a week or two, as they first go to school!!:drowning

First day was okay. With a smiling face she entered her class, but seeing all children crying, she slowly started to cry, but within minutes she became busy observing the things going around her! Alas!! The next day was Saturday. Sunday night I asked my usual question to her "Varsha, So, tomorrow you are going to school eh?" I could no longer witness my enthusiastic little girl. I got a shocking reply!! "No way Mom!! Am not going to school!" Then the next question, "How much you like your school, Varshu?" "I do not like it at all, mom!!" :bonkObviously, I was upset!!

The next day I was a bit tensed, got her ready for her school and praying that she should not cry, went to school and left her in her class. She started to cry and the teacher closed the door and asked us to leave!! Me and my DH went to the office room, spoke with the van driver, and was about to leave!! It was getting late, my DH has to go to office and I have to start my work at home, but, the crying face of my little girl holding the grills of the gate flashed in my mind!! I told my DH "Wait for a second, will come back!! Just want to make sure Varsha is okay!!" I walked slowly to the window of her class and had a glimpse of Varsha who was happily playing opening and closing the zips of her bag, but most of the children were crying; Somewhat relieved, I turned happily to face the angry teacher!! "How many times to tell you people?? Can't you understand? Please do not disturb us!!" She yelled in a harsh tone!! :rant:rant I gathered myself to tell a "sorry" and walked towards where my DH was waiting for me. Seeing the tears forming in my eyes, my DH asked "what happened?" I told about the incidence and he replied "Thank God!! You didn't cry in front of her. Otherwise, she would have taken you inside the class and made you sit next to Varsha!!" I gave him a sigh and turned the other way!!

I came home with a long face!! Informed my mother about the happening and my mom started consoling me!! So, thatz the story of a mother who went to console her daughter ended up needing consoling by her mother!! :biglaugh

P.S: When my mother went to pick my daughter up, it seems teacher told her "Sorry, I was bit harsh with your daughter when she came here this morning!! With all these children crying, I got pissed off!!" and the punch line was my mother's reply "Itz okay madam!! I knew my granddaughter will be all right in school, but my daughter only still crying at home!!" :hide:

Regards,
    Janani Natarajan

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Janani
    so in the end it was the other way round....hahaha
    daughter playing happily and mom crying.........
    That was a cute and nice write up.

3. msharadha

msharadha New IL'ite

Janani so you got the first scolding from your daughter's teacher. I think these teachers who handle small kids should be even more patient instead of showing frustration. Hope the teacher learns atleast now.

I am wondering how my boy will react with his first day at school, i.e. after probably one year we are thinking of getting him into play group.

4. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Hey your thread brought back memories ... my son's first day at school infact the whole week was peaceful... all other kids were traumatised but not he... I was the blissful happy envied mother waiting outside... but slowly as the school days progressed and the teacher started doing stuff with them and he had to pay attention and stop fidgeting etc...and he realised that school means serious stuff he started crying!!!!... Imagine to alls surprise after nearly a month at school we had to re-settle him!!!..
    Well that was something!!!
    K

5. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha ha Janani..wonderful twist... went to console the dd and madam got consoled...superr.

You reminded me of my dd's younger days. More than me my DH was worried. His office was just close to residence and he came in the mid morning to just enquire as to whether he should check in the school as to how she is... I was laughing at him though inside I too was worried. He said he just could not concentrate on his work.

Your write up was very chweet Janani.

6. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hi janani

wonderful snippets. Yes we all feel the initial emotional turmoil, when we send our kids first day to school, and being paranoid about all the things he will ask for aor will do or who will help him etc etc...

so all iz well at the end. Soon u will be used to it. have a gr8 day

7. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Janani,

Very nice one narrated in a humourous and intertesting style...I always love your threads (then most I like is the one you wrote on how you got married to your DH).

Waiting for your next one :thumbsup

8. ashwiniks79

ashwiniks79 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Janani
    You brought back my son's first day in school memories....When he started to go to school he cried for weeeeeeks together...i dont even know how many, till we understood the secret. When ever he cried there was a classroom helper who would carry him in her lap and pay her full attention to him and he wanted it.....:crazy

So he would go mommmmmy........when ever he wanted to in the 3hr school time.

9. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Dear EQ:

Thanks for your first and encouraging feedback!! I am glad that you liked it!

Regards,
    Janani Natarajan

10. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Dear Sharadha!!

You are right!! I felt bad when I faced the angry teacher unexpectedly, but then even if i daughter cries for more than one hour, I will get tensed and will be messing up things!! Can emphathize with the teacher who is in a locked room with some 30 children crying!! Thanks for your valuable comments Sharadha!

Regards,
    Janani Natarajan