1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

And Now The Perfect Ending For The Perfect Love Story!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jun 10, 2008.

1. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Dear Varalotti!!!

Really the most perfect ending. I loved the part where you mentioned that God loved both of them equally, I was almost expecting God to punish the Risihi. Ultimately God is God, truly! I love epics and related stories. Please do publish more of such things Varalotti-- you are truly one of a kind, you are exploring all areas! Enjoyed this piece very much!!!!!

Purni

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Purni,
    Thanks. It is easy for us to think God in terms of our mindsets. We always think that God is a man with some extra powers. But we forget to realise that he is the expression of fullest love possible. As such punishing the Rishi will not be his aim. Spreading love and making more and more people realise the power of love is His only agenda.
    Thanks again for the kind words about me. Will try to write more of these stories in future.
    regards,

3. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

4. varalotti

Hi Purni,
    I have corrected it. You can now go to the Index by clicking the words.
    thanks for pointing that out.
    regards,

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,
    I was also busy yesterday...will post the meaning I had understood...so that you can clear my doubts...
    Take your time, i understand how busy you are..

sriniketan

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,
    Coming to the 2nd paasuram, Azhwar's mind unknowingly sees his red peethambaram..
    Azhwar brings into this paasuram the 2 avatars of Lord Vishnu..Thrivikrama avatar and Sri Rama avatar...and describes the Lord as He who is always happy..

sindhai ullae-- has some deeper meaning I suppose...waiting for your reply..

sriniketan

7. varalotti

Sriniketan,
    you are right. In the first three lines the Azhwar talks of Vamana Avatar and Srirama Avatar.
    There is one subtle point to be noted here. The paasuram starts with Uvantha Ullathanai. Now the Lord is coming to stop Mahabali Chakravarthi from completing the yaagam.He is coming to punish him. But the even then the Lord's mind is full of happiness and love.
    That's the difference between us and the Lord. When we punish someone, even if it is our child, we have hatred, anger, resentment... But Lord's mind is always happy. Because in the Lord's Dictionary, there is no such thing called punishment. What would have Mahabali gained after all, if he had completed the yaagam? He gained a billion times more when the Great Lord planted his foot on his head. Mahabali not only became a chiranjeevi but was blessed to be happy and fulfilled throughout his life. (Aswathama was also a chiranjeevi but in his case he was cursed to be unhappy eternally)

There is a differnce between the first and the second paasuram. Please don't mistake me for the simile I am going to use here. This is what our Acharyas used to explain the significance of God's love.

In the first, the Azwar says that the Lord's Feet came of its own. But here in the second he says mind went to the red cloth that adorns his waist.
    When the mother breast-feeds her newborn for the first time she has to place her breast in the childs mouth and urge the child to suck. But once that happens pretty soon the child knows that its life-sustaining food comes from its mother's breasts. So next time the child of its own seeks its mother's breasts with its mouth.
    The Great Lord follows the same method. When we go astray He comes to us on His own and shows Himself. Then we taste Him and the second time we go out and seek Him. chenratham en chintaiye.
    Azhwar emperumanar Jeeyar Thiruvadikale Charanam!
    Now please read the third paasuram and post the meaning!
    regards,

8. varalotti

Dear Lalitha,
    Never thought that you were reading the paasuram-meanings. As requested by you I am posting the first paasuram of Thiruppanazhwar.
    Please let me know whether these Tamil fonts work.

அமலன் ஆதிபிரான் * அடியார்க்கு என்னை ஆட்படுத்த-
    விமலன், *விண்ணவர் கோன் *விரையார் பொழில் வேங்கடவன்,*
    நிமலன் நின்மலன் நீதி வானவன், *நீள்மதிள் அரங்கத்து அம்மான், *திருக்-
    கமல பாதம் வந்து
    * என்கண்ணினுள்ளன ஒக்கின்றதே.

sridhar

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  9. varalotti

And here's the second paasuram.

உவந்த உள்ளத்தனாய்* உலகம் அளந்து அண்டமுற,*
    நிவந்த நீள்முடியன்* அன்று நேர்ந்த நிசாசரரை,*
    கவர்ந்த வெங்கணைக் காகுத்தன் *கடியார்பொழில் அரங்கத் தம்மான்,*
    அரைச்சிவந்த ஆடையின் மேல் *சென்றதாம் என் சிந்தனையே

love,
    sridhar

10. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

That was fantastic............ reading the paasuram and the meaning. Thanks for posting the same and Yes the fonts have come out well. No probs in viewing.