1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

And life was never the same

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 27, 2008.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I am giving below a short story written by my son when he was in school or college I dont remember now.

It was at times like these, when she was passing through hard times, that i wished her to cry. So that it would give
    me a chance to take her in my arms and wipe off her tears. A chance to lend her a comforting arm and a shoulder to
    rest her head.
    But she would always act cool and composed. Always in good control of her emotions. I have always felt that a person
    let goes of his emotions only in front of people who are very close and dear to him. In the presence of people who are
    dear to you, you can be yourselves, without having to put up an act. You do not have to think about what the other
    person will think about u if you start crying in front of him. You are sure that the person is close enough to understand
    your emotions and problems and to provide support and protection.
    And so, this in a way woud indirectly make me derive the feeling that she did nt love me. Even though I have not proposed
    to her I knew in my heart of hearts that she loves me. When you are in love with a person and if you feel that the other
    person loves you too, there is no need tomake a formal proposal. You just have to look at the eyes of the person and they would
    disclose everything.
    Sometimes when she speaks I get the feeling that she is talking only to keep the conversation going . What she wants to say,
    she is not able to express and what she does not want to say come out of her as words which hold no meaning, no
    importnce. a person always treasures the moments he spends with his lover. When he knows he is going to meet her, he decides
    beforehandwhatmessages he is going to convey, what ideas and news he is going to exchange.
    But as soon as he comes face to face with her, he forgets everything. Just looking at her innocent face which is filled with a smile full of
    clarity makes you forget everything. You look into her eyes and lose yourself in a world of fantasy.
    You forget all the messages to be conveyed, all the news and ideas to be exchanged. Time flies away and nothing important
    is exchanged between both of u.
    In the end, what memories you have of the meeting is only of how you looked into her eyes. You feel whatever was to be
    said, whatever message was to be shared was conveyed by those eyes. You try to give meaning to all non-existent and
    imaginary things. Her slight ignorant touch seems romantic to you. Her eyes looking at you, meeting your eyes
    changing direction give you the impression that they have shed away which has a romanticism of its own.
    At present, she is sitting close to me, lost in her thoughts. May be she is thinking about how to bring out her
    feelings for me out in the open.Or may be she is getting bored and thinking of some reason to excuse herself.
    Much less chance of the latter being possible, I have known her for a long time now and this much I know well that
    my company interests her. I am always full of humou in her compnay, cracking jokes and making her laugh.But it
    was a different situation now. She has had a personal tragedy and so was a little bit tensed. She hs come here to
    share her sorrow with me. Sorrowlessens when u share it with someone. At such a time, if i crack a joke, she
    will think I am making fun of her . She woud feel that I dont care for her problems and emotions.
    May be she is not crying just becasue she does not want me to think of her as silly. May be that itself is the
    reason that she is suppressing her tears. She may not want me to know that she is weak. She is all tensed up
    and crying inside but outside she is wearing a mask of boldness and putting up a brave front.But what was the need for the mask. She knows very well the feelings I have for her. So what if i never conveyed
    them to her in words.
    She isnt so great a fool as to not understand the feelings I hold for her. Even a blind person can see my heart
    leap out when she nears me. Even a deaf person can hear the heartbeat get louder. Why was she hesitating.
    Why was she suppressing her tears.
    Shoud I wait for her to open up or should I take the first step. Why was I blaming her for everything? Why was
    I making silly excuses for not being bold enough to tell her the truth. ? How long will I fool myself
    As long as I dont take the first step, she would never be mine. She would never come to me. I would have to go
    and invite her.
    I took a long breath and was about to disclose my feelings. i felt some weight on my shoulder s and felt
    some wetness on my lap.I turned to see her head resting on my shoulder and tears rolling down her cheeks on
    to mylap.
    And I knew that there ws no need now to say anything. Everything had been said and understood. As my mind was
    fighting with me, so was she having afight with hers.
    From now, life would never be the same for me.

Now he will be 30 yrs this 4th February. Same day his wedding anniversary also falls

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
    2 people like this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Nice story Viji, he doesn't write anymore now??
    it was nice the way he said his love to his girlfriend.

3. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

vijima,
    such a cute and sweet one..wishing him a happy and wonderful life ahead

4. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vijima
    Simply loved it!
    Mega

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Aruna dear thank you for reviving my old thread. Now he does not write and has no time too. Glad you liked the story. All the best for the competition

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sushma dear thanks for your presence here and to know you liked the post and also for the good wishes

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mega dear glad you liked the story