Anaghasthami Vratham

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Vipula, Feb 4, 2009.

1. oljurm

oljurm Senior IL'ite

Dear Saras ji,
    I finished mt Saptah parayanam of the Ambrosial Sripada Srivallabha Charitamrutam and did the Anaghastami Vratam! I am so happy today to have been able to finish the parayanam and the vratam without any trouble. A big big thank you Saras ji, without your help and guidance I would not be able to do this. May the Almighty Sri Guru bless you.
    As for the Vratam, it went so smoothly I was amazed! Truly, it was Guruji's ashirwad. I was a bit worried about the kalash but I got this small, painted earthen kalash from the Puja samagri store... they were so cute! And I hope God will forgive whatever mistakes I have done unknowingly. The reason I am doing this is for my mom who was sick and also some financial problems. Last week her blood test report said her platelet count was very very low. The doctor told us it was very serious. He asked for a re test and that sometimes reports may come wrong. But mom was really sick... and guess what, just after the puja was finished, I saw the report on my mail... it is alright!! This is truly a miracle!! Mom went to a family picnic today and also said she was feeling much better. Victory to Sripada vallabha!
    Who else did the Vratam today? please share your experiences. :)

1 person likes this.
  2. dearmostviji

dearmostviji Gold IL'ite

Dearest Saras Sister,
    Thanks a lot for sharing the details about this Vrat and your explanations of mantras were very helpful. I just read this thread last week and was very much interested in doing this Vrata. My LO is sick and wasn't eating anything (both in Daycare and @ home). We were very much worried about him and DH also need to try for a new job.
    So I thought, I would pray for both of them.

Calendar showed Friday as Ashtami. So I decided to do it immediately.
    Yesterday, I collected all the items required for the Pooja. I couldn't do the offering with 5 items (Roasted Dhall, etc). Except that, I was able to get the rest of the items. Actually DH wanted to go out, and I told him about the Puja and he agreed.

The Puja went very well sister. Anaga Devi.. Please ignore the mistakes that I would've done in the Pooja..

I need to improve on the Pronunciation of the mantras sister. Kindly guide me on that. I tried my level best to read the mantras. I wasn't sure whether I pronounce correctly. Few mantras, where I wasn't sure, I read the English explanation. Thanks a ton for all the details sister. It was very very helpful.

I completed with full satisfaction. Hope Anagha Swami, Anagha Devi and their 8 kids liked it.

Thanks again for sharing the wonderful knowledge.

Regards,
    Viji.

3. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear viji sister

Om Sairam.
    I am happy u have done Anaghastami vratam. Don't worry devotion is the most important thing.
    Sri Padarajam Saranam Prapadheye
    Sri Anagha Devi Sametha Sri Anagha Swami with ashta putrulu will surely bless you and ur kid and dh.

1 person likes this.
  4. dearmostviji

dearmostviji Gold IL'ite

Dearest Saras Sister,
    Many thanks for your lovely words and blessings. This means a lot to me :)

Om Sai Ram..

Regards,
    Viji

5. Tavishi25

Tavishi25 Gold IL'ite

Today only i got to know about the god Sri Anagha Devi and Sri Anagha Deva. I read all the posts and gathered details. I want to do this vratham, can any one tell me the best dates to perform ? in march planning to go india for Ugadi .so will try to do before going or after coming .
    thanks

6. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Tavishi

Om sairam.

Anaghatami can be performed on Thursdays/Fridays/ chitra nakshtram days/ pournima/ ekadasi days or Ashtami daya
    In feb 20, 22, 25, 27
    In March 9, 12, 16, 19, 27, 31
    Sri Anagha Lakshmi Sametha Sri Anagha Dattatreya Swami ne namaha

1 person likes this.
  7. Tavishi25

Tavishi25 Gold IL'ite

Thanks alot Saras ji
    i also browsed and thinking of doing it on ugadi 31st in india ,lets leave it devi.
    I will ask you if i get any doubt .
    thanks mam

8. DrPreetha

DrPreetha Gold IL'ite

Dear Saras,
    You have really done very good job...Thank you so much.Spreading divines worth is one form of worship, then think how much punyam you should have earned. :)

1 person likes this.
  9. anubagi

anubagi New IL'ite

Hi sarasji,

i followed this thread and iam really confused reading all the comments. iam very sorry. i like to perform this pooja, but which to start first is my confusion.Many vrat's r given llike gurucharitra, siddha mangala and anaghasthami.... can u tell me which one to start first and the procedures. where can i get anaghasthami vrat book in tamil.

Sorry for asking simple silly questions . but really lot of confusions.
    thanks.
    AnuBagi

10. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear anu

Om sairam.

Read siddha mangala stothram for 40 days at 11 times a day.
    I don't have Anaghastami vratam book in tamil dear.

Sri guru charithra is divine book containing life stories of sri datta's first and second avatars.

Sri padarajam saranam prapadheye
    Sri padarajam saranam prapadheye
    Sri padarajamsaranam prapadheye