Anaghasthami Vratham

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Vipula, Feb 4, 2009.

1. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks for the info. One more question to you - Is it ok if I start off the Anaghasthami Vratham or should I do the Sidda Mangala Strothram for 40 days, read the Guru Charitra (51 chapters) first?

Please let me know.

In case, If I have to do the Sidda Mangala Strothram and Guru Charitra first and then the Anaghasthami Vratham, please let me know the dates in April. Becoz I am starting the Sidda Managala Strothram on 21st Feb i.e., coming thursday only, keeping in mind "those days".

Banu

2. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Banu

It is ok to start Anaghastami vratam. Each one is not linked with other.
    In April the dates for vratm are 3,6,11(Ugadi), 18 (Ashtami),19 (Sreerama navami) 22, 25 (pournima and chiita nakstaram)

Sri Padarajam Saranam Prapadheye

3. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot. I have no words to express.

I will do the pooja and keep you updated.

Banu

4. srimathi44

srimathi44 New IL'ite

sorry icant download pdf file please give the virtham in normal for english version

5. Dhusha

Dhusha New IL'ite

Dear Saras sis I would very much like to do the Sidda Mangala Strothram and Guru Charitra and the Anaghasthami Vratham. But I really dont understand Tamil and find the procedure very confusing for Anaghasthami Vratham. Also I work weekdays and come back to care for my daughter. I have no other help around and time is an issue hence I cant do the elaborate prayers. Please guide me how I could the prayer for her. Could I chant 1)Om Sri Anagha Laxmi Sametha Sri Anagha Dattatreya Swami ne namaha and read the 108 names and offer food offerings. How about for the the Siddha Manggala Strotra. Any help is much appreciated. All these I am learning or becoming aware of after I started reading Sri Baba Charita. Thank you very much.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  6. shama5

shama5 New IL'ite

Hello saras,

Thanks for providing so much information to people needing guidance. I also require your help.

I am having martial problem and my husband has separated from me. He wants a divorce but I still want to save my marriage. We had issues on and off like any relationship but we both loved each other dearly. But after five years of marriage he is suddenly saying that he doesn't love me anymore. This has come to me as a complete shocker because one thing I have always been certain of is our love for each other. So please help me.

I am doing sai baba 9 thursday vrat and 16 monday shivji vrat. I will be done with sai baba vrat in two weeks, but still have 11 weeks to go for the shivji vrat. I also did one week prayanam of sai satcharitra reading and after that I read one chapter daily. At my local sai baba mandir, there was anagha dutta and anagha devi picture due to dutta jayanti few days back. One of the lady told me about them and told me about strength of prayer to anagha devi. In addition, she mentioned that 25th december is anahasthami and vratham can be done on that day. I had helped set up for the vratham for the jayanti at the mandir but couldn't make it to the actual puja, so I was wondering about doing the vratham on 25th by myself. However, after reading the detail, I am not sure if I will be able to do it correctly as my knowledge about religious rituals is almost zero. I also read your post about the 108 strotram with offering of haldi, kumkum, sandal paste, flower, etc to devi and dutta.

Please guide me what should I do to help my marriage. If just pooja is good enough or doing vratham is more auspicious. I would like to do the vratham but want to do it correctly. In addition, I am from US so I am not sure where to get kalashams either. Can I use plastic glasses or some other substitute? When instructions state to offer water or honey etc, what do I do physically? For example, do I just put these things infront of their photo or pour it somewhere?

I came to know about sai baba only month and half ago but just in short time He has constantly make me feel his presence and experienced many miracles, but nothing in regards to my marriage yet. I am very desperate at this point so will appreciate any help you can give me in this matter.

Thanks

7. oljurm

oljurm Senior IL'ite

Dear Saras ji,
    I did the siddha mangala stotram parayana on august-september. Then I continued to chant the mantra everyday. I started the saptah parayana of Sripad Ballabha Charitamrutam this Thursday, so it will end on next Wednesday on the 25th. I learnt from reading the Sacred book that it is really beneficial to do the Anaghashtami vrat after the parayana and do Annadanam to 11 people. Wonder of wonders, today i wanted to look for Anaghashtami dates and I found to my utmost joy that it is on the very day my parayana is ending!!! Isn't is great!! It is truly the Lord's wish, isn't it? I feel so happy... the ever caring and loving Sripada has guided me mentally, and so even though i was unaware of the date of the vrat, it happened like this! I was trying to do the parayana for a long time, it just happened now!
    But i have never done this before hence a bit afraid, what if i do something wrong but i also have the belief that the ever loving Sripada will guide me. Saras ji, i found the pdfs attached by you... any special advise for me? Any help will be highly appriciated. Also, wanted you to know that I respect you so much, you only showed me the divine way of Sripada, maybe this is a part of His divine sportive play.

Sripadarajan saranam prapadye!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    2 people like this.
  8. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

dear Shama

Om Sairam.

Stick to one god and pray with devotion. I am sure He will bless you. Praying to Sri Anagha Lakshmi and Sri Anagha Datta for marital harmony yields best results. No need to put kalashas. Do this vrat on 25th Dec in your way don't bother about rituals.

9. GEET9713

GEET9713 New IL'ite

10. shama5

shama5 New IL'ite

Thanks Sarasji. I talked to panditji at the local temple and he said I can put raisins instead of kalash and cleared my other doubts too.

Thanks!!