An Unforgettable Incident

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by MonikaSG, Jan 30, 2018.

1. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

One evening my h decided to take me out for a drive. Very rare thing but that day we went out without taking our son. He took the car which also he don't do as for two persons he mostly take the bike. We were driving peacefully trying to come out of daily worries and talking little bit. Suddenly one car put the break and stopped in between the moving traffic. Another car after that took sudden break to avoid hitting the car and ours was the third car that took the break. First car started and ran away without any harm. The second car hit by our car slightly as it was too sudden.

One lady came out of the car and started shouting on road. Maar dala maar dala and started crying too. She was full time pregnant was with her husband her own mother and son. Her mother got injured and blood came out from left side of her forehead. She too started behaving abnormally and was like how they could do this. Her husband came out and told her please stop shouting it was not their mistake. His wife is also pregnant and he cannot do this purposely. I was in my 5-6 month and she was at 8-9 month. But she didn't cared about him and kept shouting. People gathered also knew its not our mistake and tried to talk to her. But she was in no mood of listening to anyone.

She then told us to take them to the hospital and sat in our car. She was so uncomfortable and my husband was worried about her condition and do not want her to damage her condition more. He asked her for water. And told her to sit comfortably. My h called at home and told his brother about the incident and to come to the hospital. Everyone at home got worried about me and rushed to the hospital. Both my co sisters and brother came there.

She called doctor and was making a scene there too. Doctor checked her mother and said it's a minor injury I will put the bandaid. She was like no it's not normal do the MRI CT scan etc etc. Doctor was sure but still as she was shouting a lot he did some tests and bill paid by us which was a huge one.

She called two of her male friends and invited them immediately. They came within 10 mins. Everyone except her was quiet and just wanted her to stop doing nonsense. But she was like trying hardly to make scene.

At the end she told my h that we will repair our car and you will pay for that too. My h gave her his number and said madam I can pay that bill too but let me tell you one thing. Your husband also know it was not my mistake and still I am doing everything as you said. Not because I have any fear of complaint by you its just because of your condition.

They left and we too came back home.

Later my h explained to me that her condition was not good and she could do any major to herself by reacting too high. Then we could be blamed for her miscarriage and our unborn child could also get the negative. And if money can solve any problem and can buy peace then its the cheapest thing to let go. One should not save money and lose his peace of mind.

Also there is so much unity in our family members that by just one call everyone came to us. No matter how many differences we have whenever we are in need we help each other and have a great bonding that may never end.

2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Monika, that seems like such a nightmare dealing with a woman like that. But your husband did the right thing , it was probably not worth fighting with her .

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Was she out of her mind? No responsible doctor would have done an MRI or CT scan on a heavily pregnant woman unless there was evidence of serious injury. You should not have given in to her tantrums.

shravs3 likes this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

How does motor vehicle insurance work in India? Isn't damage to third party covered by insurance?

In the U.S., the first time I bought car insurance, I learnt that in case of any accident, I should only gather information of other driver, give my information, and take pictures if possible, and note phone numbers of any witnesses. Accepting any fault is not a good idea.

I was very gullible and soft-hearted in the initial years of driving. Once or twice, I told my bf (later husband) that he was being so picky in getting all the details for a minor contact between two cars, hardly a scratch. Turns out he was right. One time a young woman rear ended his car. Was all tears, accepted fault, gave details etc. When it came time to deal with insurance, she went back on her story. Luckily we had video taken when both cars had pulled over.

That reminds me I have to install a dash cam in my older car. The 7 Best Dash Cams Like this article says, it helps a lot in establishing who was at fault in an accident.

Sandycandy and GeetaKashyap like this.
  5. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Test was done to her mother not to her.

6. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

They never came up with their bill.

7. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Yes it was just too much and I always think how can one be so loud for anything.

Sandycandy likes this.
  8. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

I loved your last line.
    With such positivity you ended such a horrific incident narration.
    take care...stay safe .
    :)

Amica, Sunburst, Sandycandy and 2 others like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

You should have posted this in snippets. If possible transfer to snippets. Then I can nominate.

Your husband did right and took right decision

10. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

These things happen so often. "Those who cry first get the maximum sympathy" this is the favourite motto of some. Considering the delicate situation, your husband did the right thing. But Motor insurance pays for these damages, though it is another lengthy procedure to follow.

Irrespective of the regular irritations, relatives do come to help at the time of need. Thank God for that!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018