1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An understanding sister or a protective brother ???

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Deepali_deepali, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Everybody here is talking about the sisters being more loving.. I have seen sisters crying for each other..They feel the pain of each other.. Brothers are mostly practical.. And after marriage they become more practical..
    This is just what I have seen around..What you have to say about this ?

2. sjay77

sjay77 New IL'ite

Dear all,

I am proud to say that my brother is the best in the world.

I am fair in complexion and my younger brother is dark, I remember in my childhood, i hate dark colour people. So i avoided my brother too. I hesitated so many times even to introduce my brother with my friends. I ashamed for my silly action now. When we grow up, i came to the reality and realized all my mistakes. I understood about him. who he is , what he is and how he is.
    My brother is my friend, guide, teacher , mentor in so many things from my childhood. He used to take all the scolds, slabs in his shoulders onbehalf of me.
    Due to Financial issues, he sacrificed his studies for my higher studies. He didint go to college. He came to chennai and started to work as a maid in a house. he struggled a lot in that work but he learned the life.

I was unable to manage without him ,so i was keep calling him to come back to my home town. Atlast he came to our home town. I was 21 years at that time.

So he wanted to make a wedlock to me. He started to work there itself . He borrowed money from that owner and he successfully done my wedding .(he was 19).

All appreciated him and somebody might have envy on me too.(?????) for having such a wonderful brother. In the meantime he finished his UG & PG.
    though i have so many friends i used to share all my feeling to him only . (there is no boundry)

After i got married i settled in Chennai, I started to serach a good job for him. I trained him for an interview, by The Almighty's grace and blessings he got a job in a MNC. He settled in a right place. . He is still repaying loans (bought for my wedding ).

I searched a better half for him (Almost 2 years, almost thro ' all the matrimonial sites and horoscope parivarthan centres) . Finally got such a nice girl for my brother.He got married on august 10, 2009.

I am the happiest person in the world. I bought all the household items for my beloved brother as a wedding gift. We denied to claim even a single money as a dowry. She brought only 5 dresses from her house. We demanded so.

Now i am 33, he is 31. Till date we talk each other every day with a same love and josh.

Though my husband wont allow me to talk in phone /my mobile in the house, i never stopped. I am still talking with my brohter and my family.

He is in Bangalore now. I am in Chennai. Distance can not make us apart.
    Even my mother says that she is not important for me . She used to say vice versa to both of us.

We are happy now. My brothers wife is on her family way. May God bless both of them. While writing this , i couldnt able to stop my tears. any way it sobers me.

A saying in Tamil " Thambi Udaiyan Padaikku anjaan " it is true. " Thambi Udaiyan Edharkum Anjaan".

Please bless for him for his bright future.

Regards,
    Jayanthi

3. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Jayanthi,
    First , my wishes to your brother and his wife. You are lucky to have him as your brother. We may get so many new relations or friends but our own , dear and near one will always at the top of them all.....God bless you. Live like a paasamalar Shivaji and Savithri....:thumbsup
    I am having sisters as well as a brother........ enjoying the life ...... :)

4. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Yes sisters cry for us but brothers are very practical. So they solve the problems and make us smile forever :)

jayanthi, you are blessed with a loving brother. Best wishes to both of you! :thumbsup

5. Deepali_deepali

Dear Jayanthi,

Thanks for sharing your feelings towards your brother here..
    God will definitely bless your brother for being such a responsible person at such a tender age..He has fulfilled his duties as a brother. I can understand what he means to you.

Thanks for pouring your heart here.

6. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Hi Deepali,

You have chosen a very interesting topic to discuss and all the fbs give some really refreshing views!

Well, I am the oldest child in my family and I have a younger brother and sister... We had the usual quota of disagreements and making-up when we were growing up... in hindsight, I can say that this brought us really close to each other, a lot of understanding, creating a wonderful rapport...

I was the protective one then, looking out for them and guiding them whenever they turned to me for help. Now I find a reversal of roles! It feels great when they are concerned for me ...

I guess that as we become more mature, we cease to think of the difference in age, it is more a kind of sharing and caring and the bonds become stronger... (Oops, I'm getting carried away now!)

Good post Deepali, one that I thoroughly enjoyed...

Love,
    Padma

7. Deepali_deepali

dear mithy,i

I guess your and my thinking is similar qbut this is also true that men are less expressive. What say..

8. Deepali_deepali

Dear Padma Mam,

Thanks for stepping in.I am very happy to see your feedback in this thread. Your experience in life reflects in the line written by you which I really liked --

I guess that as we become more mature, we cease to think of the difference in age, it is more a kind of sharing and caring and the bonds become stronger...

How true !!!

Thanks once again mam..

Regards,

9. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

I have read in many relationship books that Men are less expressive [because they are less emotional] and my guy is less expressive too...I mean in words. When it comes to my brother, he will share everything with me. I can easily read him even if he doesn't say anything. Men take time to talk openly and all that depends on the credence they have on the person.

I used to wonder why men doesn't have a forum to discuss their issues. If they have one, do tell me ;-)

10. Deepali_deepali

Hi mithy,

That's true..they take time to talk openly... Regarding forums..they have so many other things;-) to talk that they don't get time to talk upon emotional issues..:shock:

Thanks for your post..