1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An understanding sister or a protective brother ???

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Deepali_deepali, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Hello Friends,

I am the eldest child of my parents. I have a brother and a sister.. She is youngest but most matured among us.. My brother though younger to me but never behaved so… when we were small, everything was fine..but during teenage there were some changes in the behavior.. Sister was closer and brother became over considerate which sometimes was irritating..I think it happens with most of us..

Now, when I am married and we are grown up.. I find myself more open and closer to my sis than to my brother.. I can share more with her , more than my mom..

With whom are you more closer, your sis or brother??

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Deepali

I have the pleasure of giving you the first fb. Sisters are always close to each other as they have so much to share. Brothers are also close but some things we cant share with our brothers.

Me and my sister have only 3 years of difference between us. So from childhood we have been close to each other. Mysister being the eldest to me and being God fearing always used to advise me, even after I grew up she used to advise me on everything. We used to share everything. We used to go out together, I was fun loving and liked to enjoy life. She is a very simple person and whatever is there used to give to me first. We used to sahre our sarees, she will tell me first you wear since you wear nicely. When she got married I cried so much because she was going to Delhi after marriage. Then we kept touch with each other by writing long long letters. Luckily now we are able to talk everyday on phone and keep touch with each other. I was there for her delivery.

love
    viji

sindmani likes this.
  3. Deepali_deepali

Dear Viji Mam,

Thank you for your reply.. As always you gave the first fb.. Very true sisters are darlings.. We can't share everything with brothers.. But besides sharing there are so many other reasons which makes us to love one sibling more than another..Isn't it !!!

Thanks again dear mam..

1 person likes this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

When it comes to day to day talk and small events, I share with my sister. My SIL (brother's wife) would not like if I keep sharing all that with him. I can see why. But, when it comes to life's bigger events and decisions, I find myself turning to my brother, for his "big picture" way of thinking is something I admire. He can give me the male POV, which is often unemotional, without the POV having to belong to my DH. [​IMG]

I would call him a good sounding board, but not a "protective brother".

-rihana

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  5. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

I vote for "Protective brother" since I have one :)

I never longed for a sister in my life because I had friends to share. But I longed for a elder brother who would protect me and love me; Unfortunately blessed with an younger one.

When I think of the childhood days, all 'tom-jerry fights' comes to my mind. But I was not as brilliant as jerry and always end up getting nice beatings from him. Though he was a tough brother to handle, I loved him always! Now he is matured enough to protect me and takes good care of me :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Deepali_deepali

Dear Rihana,

Nice name..

I completely agree to what you've written.. This is logical and true in case of having an elder brother..

Thanks for your reply dear..

1 person likes this.
  7. Deepali_deepali

Dear Mithy,

Lovely reply.. This is first time I've seen someone saying she didn't long for a sister..You have a loving younger brother who is caring also and protective too.. May God bless you both.

Thanks for your reply..

1 person likes this.
  8. crossiants

crossiants Senior IL'ite

i am youngest and i love my sisters alot more than my bro,he is busy with his married life,kids and their duties.

1 person likes this.
  9. Deepali_deepali

Dear Crossiants,

You are lucky to have elder sisters.. Elder sisters are very loving to their younger sisters.. I know it by my experience..They have motherly feelings for their younger siblings.. Isn't it ??

Thanks for your reply dear..

1 person likes this.
  10. Deepali_deepali

Adding to the reply to crossiants.. I am also experiencing my overpossessiveness for my younger sister, which I feel sometimes puts unnecessary pressure on my mind. I know this pressure is created by me myself. Sisters are most of the times more caring than brothers..This exceeds if younger siblings are away from parents and studying or working at some other place..

Does anyone of you also feel the same?