1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Open Letter to Rohan (Infosys) and Lakshmi (TVS Motors)

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Aug 13, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot, Bhargavi. While the points generally apply to all of us, they do with greater force to this star couple. And when you write to such young, cute things well, you sort of have a greater enthusiasm in framing the words. You don't want to be overbearing.
    thanks once again for coming in, Bhargavi.
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Dear Shail,
    Thanks a lot. Yesterday our badminton game was cancelled all of a sudden. I had more than one and a half hours to kill. Went out to eat and while returning in my bike this idea gained strength. Indhu was not home. So I spent the best part of next one hour to draft the mail.
    Am happy that is liked by you.
    While on this just want to convey my apologies for what happened in the face book today. A classical glitch for which I sent a message to you.
    Hope you saw that.
    thanks once again.
    sridhar

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    hats off to you! You have given a very good piece of advice at the right time. I see most of the people at the office more and home less. They have no time for anything else than their work. They are losing so much- they don't even eat at the right time or sleep enough. They are always hungry and grab anything and everythin at the wrong time and are always sleep deprived. One of my niece's colleague could not even cook something in n emergency that she did not send her son to school when her mother (she only takes care of everything) fell ill. Just imagine, not even being able to make a rice and dhal or sambhar and a veg.!
    This is not only for the young coupe but for the world at large. i hope this write up of yours reach them and they too take note of it.
    And, all the best to the couple for a happy and relaxed life together!

4. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

An excellent letter sir !!!!!!!!!!!

Loved reading every line.....

[​IMG]

5. varalotti

Dear Akila,
    You know what do I feel? There should be a subject (if not a whole year's course) and marriage and marital relationship. Any one who wants to marry, be it a boy or girl, should go through the course if they want to get a marriage licence.
    I know many marriages are in trouble not because the parties are bad, but they are plain ignorant.
    I am sure Rohan and Lakshmi will not have the time, patience or inclination to read this letter. I'll be happy if any of our young boys and girls read this and then change their attitude towards marriage.
    thanks a lot for coming in and thanks for your kind words.
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Malathi for joining hands with me in wishing the couple. When I first read about this news (surprisingly I read it in the financial press)I felt so happy that I wanted to do something about it. Was restless till Friday till this idea came.
    Well, Malathi, I'm no IL celebrity. I am an ILite, period.
    thanks once again.
    love,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Dear Varloo,
    I don't believe in that work culture that demands more than 8 hours of work from any human being. The mildest word that comes to my mind to describe that culture is inhuman.
    But honestly many people avoid relating to their family and conveniently shift the blame on work.
    In the place where I live life is taken a little easy. It is for nothing that we are called as a "laid-back" town. People work for 8 hours but then they spend almost the whole evening in the club. I asked one of the persons. You left your home after lunch around 3. And from office you came to the club at 6 30. You say you are going to be here till 11 pm. Won't your marriage suffer because of this?
    He said with an understanding smile, "sridhar sir, if I go home immediately after office at 6 45, take it from me, my wife would divorce me within 6 months. This way I'm happy in the club. She's happy with those tear-jerker serials. Is it not a win-win situation for every one?
    No, I shouted within myself, it's a lose-lose situation. But did not have the heart to tell him.
    thanks for coming in Varloo. And thanks for the nice words.
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Thanks a lot Sunitha. And your attachment is great. That has condensed my long blog in just one sentence.
    thanks for coming in.
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Hi Subi,
    I am absolutely sorry, I missed responding to your fb. I was doing so many things at the same time and I just plain missed it. Sorry, Subi.

You are right, Subi. Infosys and TVS are symbols of Indianness too. When Infosys was to be listed in the US, Narayanamurthy was there to negotiate the price of his company's shares. Normally every entrepreneur will fight to get the maximum value for his shares so that his personal wealth would go up. The US has a system of pricing the shares. And the entrepreneurs will fight with the regulators to increase the price.
    You know what Narayanamurthy did? He opted to list the shares at 2 Dollars less than the price allowed by the Regulator. That has never happened in the history of the US financial markets.
    And he said, 'that's a welcome gift I am making to those who are going to repose their trust on us.'
    Now that's the Indianness I love.
    thanks Subi for the nice words you have for the letter.
    and sorry once again that I missed replying to you.
    sridhar

10. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    It's been a long time since i posted a fb for your blog.
    I saw the caption and was wondering what Infosys has got to do with Varalotti's blog. Well, being an ex-Infoscion I couldnt help but be curious. And lo! I read...a wonderful letter.
    I second each and every point you have written and am tempted to mention a small story that I heard..

There were a few MBA graduates from the 'A' school of Business and they got together to help out some fishermen and prove all the theories they learnt in Business.
    They approached the fishermen folk and asked them their daily routine. The head of the fishermen group mentioned that every morning they go out fishing and bring the catch and sell them and with the money they drink and enjoy the day and give a small sum to women folk of their home for daily expenses.

Well, the students ofcourse laughed at this and told them that if they could save the money they spend on drinking and merry making then they can buy big boats and make more catches and blah blah....all the theories in business. The fishermen looked very perplexed and listened to the 'rags to riches' theory of the students.

The students after doing few calculations concluded telling that by the age of 50 they will have xyz% of money in their savings and they can get together, enjoy and do merry making for the rest of their life.

The fishermen were silent for sometime and finally one of them came out and said "Dear Sirs...whatever u said that we shall do at the age of 50 is what we are doing right now".

Ofcourse as an accountant you might have your points about savings...but I just wanted to pen this story down.

Thanks,
    Jaya