1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An open letter from a mother to her newly married daughter-4

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Sep 3, 2009.

1. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

It is a lovely letter and more of us need to read this and understand how to make the relationship work for us and not work against us. Stella has made a very wise choice. Thank you for the sweet piece of advice through a letter. Loved it!

2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Such well written article, First story made me grieve of not having a SIL ;) Who won’t love to get such caring and understanding MILs as Stella Aunty and Bhavani Mami?

3. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

Dear Mithali
    this is the first time i've read your blog and am definately going to scan the forumfor your earlier ones. Such sensitive writing... bought tears to my eyes
    You have stated it so plainly... That it is the MIl who has to take the initiative and the first step in building up a relationship.
    I always maintained that all DIL want and wish to have a good relationship with their In-laws but often they are snubbed so badly initially that it stops there.
    My MIL had told me that don't expect me to treat you as my daughter becoz you are NOT!! this was on the 1st or 2nd day after my wedding.
    How I wish all MIL were like Bahvani Mami or Stella Aunty..
    let us at least strive for that.
    k
    Ps ours was a love marriage with total silent disapproval from MIL

4. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mithila aunty,

I felt like I was Nimmoo listening to you. The amount of analysis and thought that would have gone through before you penned this would have been substantial. Its is truly something each individual should try to understand and implement in their lives. In this era of fast track life, when life itself is short, we should try to spend our lives happily and with love for all.

5. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear sigmabeta,
    Thank you for yor valuable comment and sorry for the delay in m response.
    Yes,life is short let it be sweet and let us make efforts to live and let live.
    mthila

6. mithila kannan

My dear ami,
    Thank you for the lovely comment and sorry about the lat reply.
    Yes,MILs like Bhavani mami and Stella would make things better for the younger generation,let us hope that more and mor bhavanis and stellas would arise on the scene.It is in in the hands of the younger generation,the would be MILs.
    love
    mithila

7. mithila kannan

My dear feduptocore,
    I was not shocked to rad about your experience with your MIL on the fist day of the marriage.I have seen and experienced so much.But to see this happening now is really amazing.
    God gave you the patience and tremendous spirit of tolerance.I admire you or that.
    Thank you for the lovely comment.
    love
    mithila