1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An open letter from a mother to her cherished son-4

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Apr 17, 2011.

1. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear satchii,

As you have said,the unfortunate woman has to carry the bleeding heart and walk around with a smile on her face,some women don't want even their mothers to know that their hearts bleed.

Isn't it a damning commentary on marriages in our country - the whole institution is rendered so rotten for young women - that the best years that one should remember are the ones one wants to forget in a hurry.

I used to wonder as a young woman ,"Why does it happen to women who are innocent?whose only sin is that they wished for simple pleasures in life but they married men who are morally ,'sabthapathili',bound to stand by their wive's side and support them and they don't."Later on I understood my dear that most men have clay feet.

love
    mithila

2. shobna

shobna Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mam,

I have been a silent reader and admirer of your blogs. Every blog of your "Letter to son" is so much of truth and reality that I'm touched...even I have experienced similar incidents at my in-laws place and your writing make me feel that am not the only one facing such things. Thanks for your blog mam!

3. mithila kannan

My dear shobna,
    Thank you dear.Iam happy that you like the blog.Most of married Indian women face similar issues in their in laws' places,because their men fight shy of showing their love for their wives and not having the guts to stand up for the right cause.

love
    mithila

4. naanvetti

naanvetti Senior IL'ite

Hats off Ma, you have in a subtle way expressed what each newly wed woman looks for from her husband & family.
    Loved it... Looking forward to many more of your works

5. mithila kannan

My dear naanvetti,
    Thank you dear for that lovely fb.Am happy that you liked it.
    love
    ma

6. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Dear Mithila...
    I just posted a FB in the snippets.. asking when will you post another letter and there it is....
    Mithila.. had you had sons your daughter inlaw would've been the luckiest women... such understanding and affection .. what a beautiful relationship it would be...So why not adopt my husband so that I too can have pleasant memories....
    Now Iam an elderly person,a rich woman being pampered by her husband and spoilt with lot of love by her children.But, when I remember those days, I still hurt.So,what do I do to drive away these memories?

these lines express exactly how I feel so many times... my question why does a MIL have to behave so vicious and unreasonable only to later on after several years to expect the DIL to forget everything and all of a sudden have good relationship... bitter memories only causes further hurt but sometimes how to control that... yes throw them in the pyre but they keep coming back and haunt...
    your letter is priceless... shall print it and save it..
    Love
    kerman

7. mithila kannan

My dear dear K,
    Wonderful to receive this fbfrom you.

Why do MILS inflict hurts on their DILS?This question has been discussed and even seminars are being conducted on this issue again and again.No definite answer has been found.The only logical explanation is ,the MIL suffered at the hands of her MIL and since she has not been able to let go of these bitter memories,she inflicts the same hurts on her DIL,she somehow feels that she is paying back her MIL or she wants to test her powers on her DIL.
    Whatever be the reason,it is a sad happening.

Where is the need for me to adopt your GH ,my dear K, when both of you are there in my heart as my loving son and daughter.

May God bless you.
    love
    mithila

8. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Where is the need for me to adopt your GH ,my dear K, when both of you are there in my heart as my loving son and daughter.
    THANK YOU
    Love
    Kerman