An Open Invitation From Malspie!

Discussion in 'Travel' started by malspie, Jan 1, 2009.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Gowri, I am touched.

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Abhisingh,

Thanks for your feedback and the loong time you spent reading this thread.

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sindhu,

I visit Goa at least twice a year and I have gone on the cruise at Panjim. Except struggling for veg eat outs, Goa is really fun to spend your holidays.

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi mals,
    that was a lovely travelogue...been once to goa with hubby ...pre dd stage ..just loved the place...has been my dream to go once between christmas and new year with dd too.....the whole place must be so colorful,no...as usual enjoyed your details......
    love
    Mindi

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Mindi, for taking time to read this long long thread.

6. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Dear Mals,
    Wonderful travelogue, its like travelling with you. Beautiful pictures. wow.. gorgeous beaches.. the sunset picture is so serene. Thanks for taking us with you on all the stops. the train journey was fun. the flea market makes me want to reach out and buy. Didnt realise Goa has temples too... hmm something new to learn. Now i want to pack my bags and head on the trip to goa.
    love
    Aparna

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Aparna, do make a trip to Goa, you will enjoy being there.

8. sowmya.madhu

sowmya.madhu Senior IL'ite

hey dear Malspie,
    Lovely lovely write up. In fact when I read the first post in the thread which said the longest post, I thought I will spend the whole day reading it during the breaks. But you know what happened, I could not stop reading at all. I set all my work aside(!!) and then writing to you before I get back to my work.

Believe me even though I have visited Goa a couple of times before, but then when I read your travelogue, it was like I was visiting the beautiful place for the first time ever!! You made the place really beautiful..this reminds one of the beautiful stories I have ever heard, hope you dont mind listening to me.

"One muslim father who was on his death bed always wanted to visit Taj Mahal. He asks his son to visit the place for him and then explain him the beauty of the place. Son could not refuse and was wondering how to travel to Agra while his did not have enough money..he would not want to let his father die without having to get the description of the palce either. He gets a small loan from one of his friend and starts towards Agra.
    On the way he meets one of the poets who will be on his way back from Taj Mahal away from Agra. While talking to him, the son will explain his father's desire about enjoying the beauty the place. The poet then explains in a poetic way by which the son himself will be so impressed and will be wondering how beautiful the place could have been which is a place of love. He turns back to get to his dying father to explain the same. His father was very impressed by the words and dies peacefully..."

Your write up was similar..not all can come up with a wonderful write up which will make the place look much more beautiful than a normal eye can find!!

Kudos to you dear...it was wonderful reading.

9. sowmyaganesh

sowmyaganesh Senior IL'ite

Hi Malspie

:hatsoffWhat a travellogue!!

Always wanted to visit Goa, your write up makes me more eager. Keep it up.

10. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Mals:

Yes, indeed, Goa is fun place to spend your holiday.

Normally, when we stay at Goa, we locate ourselves in Panjim. In Panjim, you have quite a few veg. restaurants - all of them are located in the market area - Satkar, Navtara, Shiv Sagar and there is a Gujarati restaurant as well. There is Delhi durbar (if I haven't got that right - I know it is Delhi 'something' ) as well.

Outside Panjim, we tried to stick the Kamat and Shanbhag hotels.

Sindhu