1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Indian in Australia

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by greenplanet, Jan 23, 2010.

1. greenplanet

greenplanet New IL'ite

Hello Janani Natarajan, Thanks for reading and posting your comment.You are right, Indians are much respected in many parts of the world. Given todays job scenario people dont want them around. Regards GP

2. greenplanet

greenplanet New IL'ite

Hello Jaya,

Thanks for reading . Since Indians have been too regularly targetted it is everyday on the news. Hope all this subsides soon. Regards GP

3. greenplanet

greenplanet New IL'ite

Hello Lalitha,

I fully agree. Prayers are powerful . If so many of us pray , Peace should return , sooner than later. Thanks for your comments. Regards GP

4. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

very touching verse...
    but what about the caste and religious injustice which is so prevalent in our society... when will all those atrocities on the lower caste and the down trodden end?
    K

5. greenplanet

greenplanet New IL'ite

Hi K,

Thanks. Yes i do agree. They are but another form of racism, which also need to be made a thing of the past. Nice of you to read and comment. GP

6. deba19

deba19 New IL'ite

But aren't we all racists at heart?? You had mentioned foreigners in India being treated with more respect, I would like to add only the white foreigners...what about the foreigners from African or East Asian countries? Do you think the chinese in India get more respect...well technically they are foreigners too. What about the way the people of our own country from the North Eastern states are treated...they are treated like foreigners actually...but not with more respect...I am sure you can't deny the fact.
    The fact that even a year ago Australia sounded so lucratic and exotic to most Indians and given a chance many would definitely go there leaving their own country and even try to settle there shows how much we really love our country and how much we really respect ourselves as Indians. When we don't truly respect ourselves...how can we expect respect from others?
    well....when i talked about us Indians and our real mindsets...i wouldn't put myself out of the circle...
    hmmm the world truly needs a change!!!