1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An incident with SIL ,laugh or cry ?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by flowerlady, Oct 31, 2011.

1. ShwetaSri

ShwetaSri Bronze IL'ite

wow...all the stories are simply mind blowing ha ha ha.....

2. lifeisajourney

lifeisajourney Silver IL'ite

hi pruthvee
    i alone know what i went through all my miscarriage and pregnancy, both the SILS used to take turns to give me lectures about how i should look after their father who is my FIL, for sure i know how much they are fond of DD,and they dont need to talk this sort of silly talk just to pass on time when I am around, there are n number of topics under sun for them to talk if it is just for the sake of talking, and i think one talks about that kind of stuff may be when the newborn is arrived or when we seea person for the first time not in every freaking call they do when one of them visits my place,

after all it doesnt matter to me to whom she resembles because when they grow they had their own identities and their own individualities and they are not known acording to whom they resemble, even i resemble my dads sister, but in my 30 years of life i never heard my aunt spelling it out of her mouth not even once, i think it gives happiness and pride when someone gives you a compliment but i dont know how it equates to singing their own praises,

the most horrid thing is my third SIL said that my second DD will resemble her even before she was born, so said its not whether they are fond of my DDs or not its the point that the kids need to resemble only them,and they never look beyond that point, even there are other members in the family eldest SIL and MIL who passed away and there is my FIL and ofcourse their brother whose is also the father of the two kids, not even once they look beyond themselves.BTW my second DD resembles exactly like my fatherand theynever talk about her. so i dont understand why I should take pride of their fondness for my elder one alone,

Even my mum says about how to be nice with ILS, respect them and the benefits of forgiving them for the sake of our own sanity and to have a positive attitude, i think that what every mum does that because they already had been there and they know how they had dealt with the issue and what would be the better way as well. No girl will come with a hate feeling or a biased attitude towards inlaws, the experiences she had with them makes her whether to brush off or hate them,or find a flatform to vent out their irritating feelings for the reason they cant retaliate any thing back to inlaws, if at all one can retaliate to them and stay cool that would be really good but things wont work as such as far as i know

good to hear that you had good inlaws and so be it for years to come,
    wishing you all the good tidings in your married life

lifeisajourney

3. Special

Special Silver IL'ite

Hi,nice thread...had a gud laugh :)
    Now i know why my friends say u r lucky tht u dont have sil :)
    I reply them i dont have sil and i am not sil to anyone :)

4. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Hi Special ,
    You dont know what you are missing !!!!
    I am a SIL and have SILs , Co Sisters . Now I also enjoy the remarks passed between other SILs , Co sisters about each other ! :wink:

5. queenie3

queenie3 Silver IL'ite

Pruthvee... hahahaha.. its easy to say but very difficult to bear. and when Ils say that he resembles us.. they normally adopt a very humiliating tone.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  6. queenie3

queenie3 Silver IL'ite

My goodness... i dont understand why things cant be normal between DIL n ILs...!!

Ok.. here is mine...

When i was admitted for delivery.. my SIL called and said.. i'll be there on time (as she stays in other city) as "i want to be the first one to hold the baby" i felt really bad.. as what does she thinks of herself... and just one think.. she is unmarried of 35 yrs.. very irritating... very dominating... she thinks that MY baby is actually HERS.
    I too have a neice.. and i love her sooo much but it doesnt mean that i being her aunty has full right on her.

Another one... some talk was going on regarding gifts after the baby is born... she told me... what have you done.. giving a child for the family was your "DUTY" (karthavya)

Feel pity on such people... ut what to do... just the worst part it DH happily hear all such stupidity.

7. angelvoice

angelvoice Gold IL'ite

SCORE!!:thumbsup:2thumbsup:

8. suasin

suasin Gold IL'ite

Oh, maybe thats why we have this "inaicheer" in our place where the night before muhurtham, the sister and brother are made to sit together and the sister is given saree, jewels approximately similar to the brides( in terms of money) and the grooms mother gives the bridal saree n mangalsutra to the sister and she in turn gives it to the brother, the meaning being, its the girl of the house who gets to invite her sister in law, she is treated equally,( even the ' malai' they wear similar to the brides' . I think she even gives rice, flowers etc to the guy for his future wife...). I saw this in my cousins wedding n felt bad that i didnt have a brother. So nice it was.
    Girls always get pongal seer, aadi seer etc from their brothers. I know my grandmother getting till she passed away.

Many of you might laugh at this but I think these ceremonies atleast limit the number of unpleasant demands/ jealousies later. Dont you guys agree?

Oh, forgot to add, the night before bride, sil, groom eat together but after marriage we wash our hands off the guy:)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  9. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Glad to know that this thread has got a second life ,maybe because the SIL issue will always be popular through the ages.
    Some incidents are really funny and bring a smile whenever one reads them. :rotfl

10. vidyamenon

vidyamenon New IL'ite

is ur sil having a son and daughter?