1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An incident with SIL ,laugh or cry ?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by flowerlady, Oct 31, 2011.

1. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Recently at a family gathering my elder SIL said with regret that the proposal she had brought for my DH long ago was nixed by the family and he got married to me .
    I know that my Inlaws never accept any DIL into the family fold and treat her like an outsider so I did not mind. Moreover even my SIL was subjected to similar treatment so it was OK. But I knew she said it to taunt me that I was not good enough !
    When I narrated the incident to my DH he wanted to know if I asked my SIL the identity of the girl . I retorted that he could call up his bhabhi and ask as I had gone into my own flashback and was busy remembering the eligible bachelors I had rejected to marry him !!!:rotfl
    Please add your own humorous experiences if any .:cheers

8 people like this.

2. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Mine is much more funny( now not at the time of this incident)...i believe...
    Thing is...during my marriage and reception night, my married elder SIL cried and shouted in front of everybody inclusive of my DH,that she didn't expected her brother to sit next to me and have his dinner/breakfast and also added just now he tied the knot and so soon he has changed...what exactly she wanted is to sit next to her brother and eat and He should not eat with me...
    What finally happened is ,he just left his seat and went to his sister...just to convince her...i was left all alone in the dinner...and the photo/videographer came to shoot, i asked him to wait for some time or cover others till my dh convinces his sister... :spin

3 people like this.
  3. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

SIL crying for ur hubby sitting with u for dinner .. that too during ur marriage.. he he.. too funny and to some extent idiotic also.. no offense..

1 person likes this.
  4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

LOL:rotflI was having a bad day and you really brought a smile to my face with the above sentence.

5. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

My MIL kept showing me 100's of ladies who just missed to be her DIL and I was so used to it that I just became neutral and would never react.
    :rant

But there was one such incident which I will never forget,

I Think around 3-4 years back in a wedding, my MIL showed me a beautiful well dressed lady and repeated the same saga... that this lady's proposal was close to solemnization but was put of of some silly reason, and her dear sister nodded in agreement and me as usual did not react, then to my surprise and to irritate me even more, she called her and introduced her to me & that lady was supposed to be in the same native town of my MIL but she showed no signs to recognize my MIL :)
    Then suddenly that lady called a young man and introduced him as her son, and two little kids as her grand kids,that lady was 50+ but looked unbelievably young ::):)(10 years elder to my DH)
    My MIL didn't know where to hide her face in embarrassment then to prove her statement she said may it was her sister, I immediately asked her if she had a younger sis, that lady replied in negative and said she was the only daughter and had a brother. :rotfl

But even then MIL didn't want to show she was wrong and said " oh I got confused it must some ot
    her girl not this one:bonk

31 people like this.
  6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

hahahha....this is really funny...:rotfl....
    did your SIL's H too behaved that way?!!!..did he go and sitr next to his sis/family for his lunch/dinner on the day of marraige?!!!!

2 people like this.
  7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl :rotfl.... omg,i am really not able to control my laughter...hehehe

there is a saying in tamiz...

YAANAI TAN TALAI YIL TAANE MANNAI VAARI POTTUKOLLUM(the elephant will put the sand on its head all by himself..)....

:rotfl

2 people like this.
  8. harinisripada

harinisripada Gold IL'ite

He he he ... Funny !!!

Once my FIL was talking about some town and started off about a girl who was supposed to bring along with her a 100 acres of land property for my DH !!!

I said - oh ... but see his luck, he married a girl with a loan on her property :)

He said - oh, that girl was bringing her father's, you have earned your own !!! And she would not have been like you, you have taken such loving care of me :thumbsup We're lucky to have you

Keep smiling
    Harini

15 people like this.
  9. flowerlady

Thanks for the prompt reply , it was your wedding reception and SIL had to do drama to get attention !

10. flowerlady

Hi Amihere, humour is essential to preserve my sanity !

1 person likes this.