1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

AN incident that bother me always !

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by deepideepi, Jan 10, 2015.

1. bron

bron Silver IL'ite

I would have told "i wont come" if my hubby will not go if i dnt go let him not go..if my pil will not go then let him not go ..if my hubby dared to take a step ahead leaving me during days around due date..i would have divorced him next day..n taking 2 months baby to a crowded place it is attoricity at its peak..n u danced to thier tune..??sorry to say dis..plz develop some spine ..me in dis situation i would have totally cut all thier relationships after they left in highways..i would have never allowed anyone to step inside my home or c my baby after dis so much of care and concern..and going out each and every tym wid 5 sils is disgusting..ok if sils can come n still mingle wid mommy family leaving thier own family after marrige then y cant u take ur hubby to ur parents family and enjoy outing wid them..my serious suggestion dnt go out wid these sils anymore.just getback n say firmly to ur hubby tat u wont come out wid these crowd anymore.. if its going to be outing then its only going to be u him and ur kid..tell him for heaven sake u did not marry his parents and sisters also to take evrywer wid u for evry outing..u only married him not his whole family...

2 people like this.
  2. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

@OP....
    You are not over-reacting.. IMO its under-reacting...

"we get down from the van me n my husband. Nobody said that i will go with u or we will drop or nothing"..

This alone is enough for me to not see their faces for ever. Insensitiveness at its peak.. damn.

4 people like this.
  3. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

This is not over-reacting, no not at all. In fact take this as an eye-opener. If your husband is a very loved member of your PIL then they should have got down from the car for at least him if not you. This clearly shows they have no concern for u as well as their son. Just keep this incident in mind and learn to take a stand whenever it is required.
    You need to draw the line where you can forgive them and where they don't deserve the forgiveness. You were never wrong and I wonder why your DH did not take a stand against this incident so that they realize their mistakes.

1 person likes this.
  4. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

Now those people pretend like they love my gal more then anybody else in this world including me. Whenever my husband is out of station my MIL call to talk to my baby every evening.(They always do) and ask my baby r u happy there? do u feel bore? don't be sad we will come soon, now ur papa is not there whom u will paly with, u have become all alone? like If i m not there for her to take care and play with her. After all i m her mother. With whom else she bill be comfortable and happy more then me?

1 person likes this.
  5. internetmom

internetmom Silver IL'ite

I told you this will happen. The same pils will behave as if they have done nothing wrong they love the child more than you and they actually have rights over her more than you as well. This is how hypocrite our Indian pils can be. JMO

1 person likes this.
  6. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

If I were you, I would have never seen their face again. You are not over reacting, in fact you are not reacting. Put your foot down girl. For whatever they say, have a strong answer with you. PILs are like this by default. So, don't expect much from them.

7. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

That time came and pass on. My parents are living abroad. I didn't want to make them upset. They can't come here frequently to meet me so i didn't want to make them think about me all the time. Now i am very much happy in my life. We have move to another city so it reduces SIL's visit. ( They use to visit my house everyday along their family while my PIL visit us when we were in the same city.)
    Now my ILS are also not after me all the time coz we had huge fight once or twice. Now they know that they i am not that silent gal as before.

2 people like this.
  8. vanithaudt

vanithaudt Silver IL'ite

dear,
    first incident didn't hurt me much compared to the second one. carrying 2 months baby to crowded temple. Tough going for an excursion was mere selfish act, carrying 2 months baby without feeding and giving tap water was barbaric. These days, there were hotels/road side coffee tea shops offer free hot water for babies. bless the poor thing. Your MIL didnt have that concern. I can understand, as a mother how you could've suffered in that place. Better stay away from them.

9. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Love that. So now we say all Indian PILs including our own parents (if we have a brother) are horrible hypocrites, just coz we are Indian? Some of them are, it doesnt mean we paint a general Indian pils.