1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An important source of conflict between couple, but least often, talked about !

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by indianguy2010, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Saumyamom

Saumyamom Silver IL'ite

I did and after the OP disclosed what he actually did ,I felt so disgusted that I didnt want to comment on it .But I guess we have some clue now why.

2. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

well then there is no voyeuristic pleasure, is there? that is the idea of starting all these so-called 'research' topic threads.

3. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

hi 'blessed', thanks for sharing ur experience in the context of spatial ability. If possible, please read the related information in the BBC website I quoted in one of the above posts.

4. indianguy2010

Ouch...!:hide:

5. indianguy2010

hi flowerlady, your sense of humour and satirism in ridiculing me and the concept of this thread is appreciable....it made me smile ! :rotfl But, for your information, more such 'enlightening :)threads' are ready with me. I am going to bombard you guys with them......my upcoming threads also will not allow you guys rest in peace ! Just be ready for something worse than this !:rotfl

6. Reflection123

Reflection123 New IL'ite

interesting topic :)
    I am bad....terrible....pathetic...at remembering directions--if I enter a building from a gate...I have difficulty finding my way back for exiting from the same gate, I can almost never remember where exactly I parked my car....if I turn right to enter something as simple as a hallway, on my way back ALSO I tend to turn right again(when I am supposed to turn left obviously)...I often wonder if there is help available for geographically challenged. Almost all the time I hope people don't make fun of me seeing me lost !!!..its like that terrible if not worse.

Surprisingly I am good at driving, I was a fast learner...never even scratched my car even once while i was learning how to drive, and have been very confident about being behind the wheel...and otherwise too, I am good at spatial abilities--estimating volumes, visualizing hidden part of solid objects...and i love subjects like math and computing.

But I have no freaking clue, why on earth I can't remember right and left turns...like ever, ever , eveeeer!!... :'-((((

7. Anyuna

Anyuna Silver IL'ite

The thread was interesting to read different persons have different options.I had some nasty fight with DH while he was teaching me driving.Everybody have different skills that is for sure

8. indianguy2010

Hi Anyuna,

Thanks for sharing with us what you have had during your driving training. It is because, men use , spatial skills from the first step in driving, whereas, women use visual assessment in the first stages of driving. (Later on, after training and so many days of driving, women also learn to use spatial ability in driving ). That is why, a woman is very much likely to have conflicts (sometimes bitter) with her husband, who teaches him driving.

Understanding each gender's strengths and vulnerabilities, would make us tolerant towards the other gender.

That is the idea of this thread, not to belittle any one, as accused by some body else, above in the thread.

yes, as you said, no individuals are same in their skills. There would be a high individual variation between individuals.

9. indianguy2010

Hi 'Reflection',

Thanks for expressing your experience on the subject. The phrase you have used........."Geographically challenged" is too much a word, Let us not use this phrase here. Already I am under fire from some members for my 'alleged attempt' to 'belittle female gender'..........though the idea of this thread it not that.

It is interesting to learn that you love maths and computing. :)