1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An important source of conflict between couple, but least often, talked about !

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by indianguy2010, Oct 8, 2011.

1. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

hello flowerlady, tanjum and other friends, I agree, it may not lead to conflict in every couple. But there are women members who agree with me, saying that they have had difficulty related to spatial ability. Some have also said they had conflicts too. Please read the posts of 'chandrika' and 'polymorphic' above.

2. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

The idea of generalising is not to belittle female gender as such. It is rather to tell women, "look, if you ever face hell of difficulty in guessing roads lay out on imaginary plane of your mind, dont get frustrated, it is your biological truth. Dont lose heart, Accept the gender weakness. The silver lining is, you can improve it by more practice" What is required is more practice. That is it".
    [/QUOTE]
    Dear IG ,
    Thanks a lot for pointing out the gender weakness and also the silver lining . It really helped making life easier. Waiting for more such enlightning threads from you .:coffee
    We would also like to learn about the male gender weaknesses and their silver lining if any.
    .:bangcomp:

2 people like this.
  3. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

I don't want to talk generally about spacial skill between men and women...

But when compared to me and my hubby .... then he is very smart and intelligent in road maps while I am very very stupid and dull...

My DH will have the road directions so clear in his mind that even there are some distractions in the regular route like road repair etc he will take alternate routes and reach the correct destination.... but in this case and if I were to be driving alone then... I am lost, have to ask every alternate person I see in the road for the route....

I can only drive perfectly in my regular routes, say to my DD's school, to a particular hospital, say within a radius of 15 km... and if it is a new place & even if they give me correct directions I won't reach the destination without asking help from my mobile .... or getting directions from people walking around.

4. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

5. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

FL,

For my own sanity sake, I chose to ignore the comment that you quoted of IG's!! LOL.

6. Tanujam30

Tanujam30 Silver IL'ite

If I were the crying types...I would bawl my eyes out at the tender concern IG has shown for the weaknesses of the fairer sex. As if that concern was not in itself so magnanimous, he goes further on to show such stupendous support by enlightening the ladies, showing us the correct path of more practice. I just wish there were more men in this world with such deep understanding.

This makes me wonder, if IG really really practiced hard - "What is required is more practice. That is it" - as he puts it, can he be a little less of a jerk (a more colorful word comes to my mind...) than he is right now ?? I am sure the indebted ladies of IL will lovingly & willingly support him in the effort.

7. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

OMG! what.a.thought! I'm totally ROTFL!!!!

8. Saumyamom

Saumyamom Silver IL'ite

Some time back I had a seen a video where in they were talking about a Russian female chess player . Apparently men/boys remember the directions with their 'superior' spatial ability and women /girls remember the directions with milestones.So her father taught her to play chess with the 'milestone' approach and she became unbeatable.So its not that we are or feel as 'losers'.Just the methods are different .Ultimately ,we do get to our destinations .right?
    My H has been driving much longer than I and if the GPS is not working he has no clue how to reach a place.He keeps asking which freeway?Which exit?right or left etc.And I always have to look at my handto figure out what is right and what is left.:hide:

9. Saumyamom

Saumyamom Silver IL'ite

BTW talking of research I just stumbled upon an article that says :
    "high testosterone levels are also associated with aggression, as well as an increased risk of prostate and testicular cancer, stroke, heart disease, and cognitive decline"..Cognitive Decline??!!?? :-D
    Wonder how come we never discuss these research topics?

10. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

In that case, I guess you missed this thread :

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/married-life/145635-cognitive-bias-sexual-mind-reading.html

To me, the apt title would have been "Ambitious flirting due to the cognitive decline of the testosterone-spiked gender"

5 people like this.