1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Eye For The Errors!

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Cheeniya, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Recently I saw this clip about mistakes noticed in the monumental movie Cleopatra.

Somebody spends millions of dollars in producing a movie like Cleopatra and another jobless guy sits and counts the mistakes made in the movie!
    Have we lost the ability to see the bigger picture?

2. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

I haven’t watched this clip.
    It’s like, Are we focusing on the black dot ?!
    Thanks for the share.

3. Cheeniya

That's absolutely right @Urmila
    When a Fact Finding Commission is appointed, they look only for mistakes. Why are they not called Mistake Finding Mission?

Urmila likes this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Urmila and satchitananda like this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I have seen all the movies mentioned but never noticed couple of them until this video..it takes a sharp eye..

Urmila and satchitananda like this.
  6. Cheeniya

Hi Shan
    Nice to see you here.
    Someone told me that Modi knows what to say when if he is talking to senile freedom fighters. Rest of the places, he diverts people's attention by swaying his two hands alternatively. That video clip you sent was interesting. I am a great fan of Modi incidentally. Big Brother!
    Coming to the clip you had sent, I doubt if that aircraft is genuine. At the altitude it fles, it must be making a lot of noice for anyone to miss seeing it. We need to see the movie for coformation
    Sri

Urmila, Gauri03 and Shanvy like this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Interesting to say the least. Thoughts that come to head:

• Hats off to these people for their power of observation.

• Hats off for the amount of time and effort that goes into conducting such detailed analyses and for presenting them with evidence.

• "Jobless" people who are making money out of their YouTube channels are providing yeoman service to folks like me who used to binge watch videos in the good old days. (Oh, where have those days gone?) God bless their souls. :)

Urmila and KrishnaPriya3 like this.
  8. Cheeniya

@satchitananda
    My dear Satchi
    When I read your FB first time, I had an uneasy feeling about your commenting on what goes on here! But I reassured myself that Satchi was mentioning about the quoted posts. What a relief!
    sri

satchitananda likes this.
  9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

My father went to see Cleopatra in Safire theater in Chennai. It was the first movie for that new theatre. I think he went with his friends first, and then took my grandmother (his mother), and mother to see the movie, a second time for him. They were blown away by the spectacle of the theatre, and the deep chill inside. Grandmother said that she had to hold her mouth shut, to stop her teeth from clattering in the cold of that AC theatre. They talked about it a lot, even months after their visit. The green eye shadow of Liz Taylor had impressed grandma a lot. She even had the rationale that the green color is why her name had the prefix "கிளி" (parrot in Tamil, pronounced KiLi). We had lots of fun asking her to tell us the movie story. And she did.

Urmila and Cheeniya like this.
  10. Cheeniya

@Amulet
    An amazing power of recall! The owners of the theatre complex had a resort at Mahabalipuram called Silversands. It used to fascinate us with its bamboo rooms and excellent food. I grew up with Safire in the sense I never missed any film screened there. Cleopatra, My Fair Lady, Sound of Music, Fiddler on the roof... Seeing a movie at Safire used to be a status symbol. Safire had a family Suite in the first floor. A three and four seated rooms each of which had a separate door. Their transparent elevator used to be a novelty those days.
    Thanks a lot for taking me back to my youth!

Urmila likes this.