1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An encounter with a young woman!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, May 6, 2007.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Generally a young girl who has a reach to switch off the light from the bed when the switch is located 10 feet away could possibly be entering the traveler's bungalow through the door as well. Knowing her background, I would assume that she was more interested in switching the light off as she likes darkness than any other malafide intention. By the way, did you notice when she stepped in whether she kept both feet on the floor or was she moving like a hovercraft? Was she in white and white with lot of jasmine flowers on her hair? I am just listing the missing parts of this fiction?

By the way, I heard this story when I was young boy. I also heard another interesting story which is given below:

A husband who went out to get rice and dhal for cooking at home in a remote village forgot to buy firewood which his newly wedded wife asked him to buy. After coming home, he felt terrible and apologized for his mistake. His wife told him not to worry and promised him that she could still prepare the food. He was wondering how she was going to prepare food. When he walked into the kitchen, he noticed her wife put both her feet inside the mud stove like firewood and cooking the food for him. Needless to say, he fainted right away.

Viswa

4 people like this.
  2. PriyaKat

PriyaKat Silver IL'ite

@Viswa,
    The hovercraft bit had me in splits ! I guess you've watched too much Vittalacharya for your own good .
    BTW, that firewood scene is classic Vittalacharya : "Jaganmohini !"

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa
    My entire childhood was spent in a colony in Triplicane (Chennai) in the company of old ladies who, instead of seeing the Hand of the Divine in everything around them, were adept in spotting a ghost far beyond their myopic vision. All their antennas were tuned to hearing the wailing of lady ghosts and the 'veerappa' kind of laughing of male ghosts. Next morning they would all sit around and share their experiences of the previous night with pale faces. I would sit there listening to all the stories with a heart that would be threatening to jump out of my chest.

Having been brought up in such elite company, I can write a mega serial of ghosts and their misdeeds. Thank you for supplying the missing parts which occurred to me too but I just wanted to skip the details for the sake of brevity.
    Sri

4. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

My dear Anna an interesting read with a good twist at the end. I also remembered the movie Woh Kaun Thi like Padmini. When are you going to give us a treat with your Ramblings. I think all your fans will be waiting to read and missing your writings here at present.

5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Wow!! For a moment i felt i was watching a suspense thriller....i was actually transported to that room.I read this story at a time when a movie "Ek thi daayan" is releasing...the story of which dwells on a similar plot.....now my doubt what if the writer of that movie got his idea from this thread .....suspense :)

6. Cheeniya

My dear Viji
    You know what? This story is based on a one line joke of an eminent Tamil writer. I developed it into a short story and most of the people who read it commented only on the interesting twist in the end but not about my laboured description of my travel, rain and the forest bungalow! Then I knew that I was not cut out for writing stories and stopped it straightaway!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

My dear Dinny
    Thanks a lot for your wow! Wows are really the elixir of life when they come at an advanced age! I wrote this story six years back, three months after joining IL. As I was telling my dear sister Viji, everyone loved the climax but no one spoke about my narration. I gave up story telling and instead started spinning yarns out of nothing which went well with the members! I have not heard about 'Ek thi dayan'. Do you think I should sue them for a million dollars if they have copied my idea? Will share 50% with you for bringing it to my notice!
    Sri
    PS: Now that you have edited out the mention of the movie, I'll also give up my idea of suing them!

3 people like this.
  8. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Sir i will say go ahead and sue them...but remember your promise(50% ahem ahem)
    :)

Sir it was not just the climax but the whole naration which i loved and i wonder why you dont write much these days....this is not fair...you should not keep your fans waiting like this and that too for sooo long
    I am waiting for your next thread sir :)

1 person likes this.
  9. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Cheeniya sir..
    let me begin by telling you I'm a BIG DAARPOK(scaredy baby)... I came into this post thinking .. HMMMM.. Cheeniya Sir has shared his " with a pretty Young Thing "encounter.. so must be JUICY .. or on the least ironically funny... BUT This sir I was not ready for this...infact.. how stupid and naive I was to be lead away by your description of the rainy night .. thunder.. lightening..scary old man... only one room available.. all this is a typical movie plot for a ghost to enter and I kept on reading with bated breath.. till this wicked lady put her hand on your chest.. HMMM I thought.. so is he going into "unknown forbidden territory".. is he going to reveal moe than he should on a public forum???... with all these questions cramming my lil brain.. I read on and .... I had the severe attack of goosebumps anybody could possibly get!!!..
    PHEW... that too without a warning.. were you trying to write a horror movie script????...
    scared to death with chattering teeth I sign out
    Kerman

10. Cheeniya

My dear Kerman
    I am extremely sorry to have caused your teeth to chatter! For no reason whatsoever, the Kelvinator TV ad came to my mind. Remember it? An old man would have kept his dentures in a glass of water and relaxing with a book in hand. Behind him there would be a Kelvinator fridge and every time someone opens it to take something, the dentures chatter! The puzzled old man would look all over the room to ascertain the cause for the chattering noise! I love the sound of chattering. It reminds me of the Spanish Gypsy Dance which involves a lot of vigorous foot tapping.

Whoever asked you to imagine that I might take you into an unknown forbidden territory? I never take anyone into either unknown or a forbidden territory though I might create such an illusion! I always bring a torrential rain into my narration for effect. Of the four seasons, I am always at my best when it comes to describing rain just as Srama excels in describing Spring!
    Sri
    See the chattering teeth here: Grandpa danger: Teeth that bite! - YouTube

1 person likes this.