1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An empty plot-Garbage Collector??

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by MahiSree, Jun 23, 2010.

1. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

True mahi... We can change this... collect trash in can and also tell out kids to do so.... i have started it by teaching my kids... every time they do that and i feel proud when i see them run towards the dustbin with the wastepaper or anything rubbish...

2. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

:)Thank u Meena for your comments...Still lots r happening around us where we stand either helpless or we ignore...

Thats so sweet of ur kids shreyashreyas:)

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear MahiSree,

Welcome to the writers' forum. You have really made a great start with this first post of your's. If anything that hurts me deeply about India, it is the lack of our civic sense. I have been to quite a few countries and am yet to see one that is worse than our's. We simply and totally lack the civic sense.

Banagalore is otherwise so lovely, I love it, my city! Yet one cannot be blind to the dirt around. It seems if you do not please the corporation workers who clean the roads and garbage and meet their demands of gifts, they willfully dump more garbage around your house and refuse to clear it!! Poetic justice or what!

Though during the last visit of mine, I noticed a lot of 'Saushalayas' around the city constructed by Mrs Sudha Murthy and I really thought that was a great move. Another thing I noticed was that God's pictures were painted on many walls. At first I thought we were getting very spiritual with time. Later realized its purpose. Nobody wants to pee on such walls! Mind blowing!!

Well, when it hit her personally, your mother-in-law realized her flaw...Good thing she changed.

Looking forward to more from you.

L, Kamla