1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An awesome visitor!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa
    Thank you for your liberal compliment. I may not have conquered the fear of death in the sense of highly evolved persons. I just do not worry about things that I cannot ward off by worrying about it. The inevitability of death is deeply rooted in my mind and I,therefore, divert my attention to 'evitable' matters. In writing this thread, I have only expressed my desire that Yam, when he comes, is more decently attired like Raymond's Complete Man and arrives in a sleek Lamborghini Reventon. I hate to accompany anyone who comes dressed like an aborigine of Australia and riding an equally primitive buffalo.

I like your equating death with homecoming. After our long and wayward journey, we would be as welcome as a prodigal son at our true 'home'. I really wonder how much of a change has taken place in our home since we left it last. Prodigal sons cannot complain about all those changes. All said and done it will be hopefully 'Home sweet home'.

Thank you for your kind wishes. I am touched.
    Sri

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Ah! One of my favourite topics, Cheeniya Sir! I've written 2 or 3 blog entries about this awesome visitor too, earlier. Yours is humorous to read and we are happy to undergo such a punishment any day.

What is so grand about you,
    Oh Yama! dear God of death?
    I kept pondering about you
    And wrote the first as stealth.

Then I added your mesmerizing
    Ability that steals us all
    And your nature that's condescending
    In that hour of our call.

What is the point of this mere life
    When there is no end to it?
    What would result is nothing but strife
    And none of us would be fit.

Will anyone hail someone for
    Being 'blind', in this world?
    Unbiased, you stand tall for,
    Taking all lives within your fold.

We pray you Sir, but that arises
    Out of fear that you'll rob us.
    What'll happen if you take a recess?
    Oh! No! I'm not shaking less.

1 person likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear RGs
    When I had this cerebral hemorrhage and was confined to ICU, I was told that it was a near death experience by my Doctors. But personally, I did not feel any difference lying there in ICU watching how every patient was reacting. They say that Death is a great leveller but in ICU I could see that near death experience was also a great leveller. I could see the patients and their near ones making solicitous enquiries about each other unmindful of status!

'What is the point of this mere life
    When there is no end to it?' you have asked. I entirely agree with you there. Einstein said "I want to go when I want. It is tasteless to prolong life artificially. I have done my share, it is time to go. I will do it elegantly". I am fully with him there!
    Sri