1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An adventure trip to Niagara

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by preethakarthik, Oct 7, 2009.

1. preethakarthik

preethakarthik Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

Last week we got a chance to explore Niagara falls....It was a nice experience which i like to share with you all.....

Friday, evening we started from Illinois and travelled almost 10 hours to Cleveland, Ohio. Actually as per the map and distance the timing is only 6 and half hours. But for us it took such a long time.
    When we started , the rain also joined with us. So we went very slowly and took some break at couple of places, because my hubby felt so sleepy. At last we reached hotel in Cleveland at 3.30 in the morning

The one thing i really love in US (where i know) is the Travel plazas in the Highways. My god how nicely they are maintaining it. Wish in India also we should implement these kind of highway plazas for travellers....

On Saturday, we started our journey from Cleveland to Niagara at 9. 30 AM. Again as per the map schedule it was 3 and half hours. When we reached Buffalo, Newyork the time was 2 o'clock in the noon. We were suppose to reach Niagara at 1'o clock. We really don't know why were that much slow.
    When we were in Niagara Downtown we should take I90 highway straight to Niagara. It was our luck that due to new road projects the highways are closed at some points and we went as per the detour notifications. At one place we got confused. We saw a post saying " Keep left lane,way to canada".
    My Hubby stopped and asked a lady who passed us. She was a chinese girl and very humble. Explained nicely with the route map she had in her bag. Though she struggled with English, explained the route very clearly to us.

After somehow we managed and took the highway and reached Niagara at 3.30 PM.
    Even in Niagara it was pouring and the temperature was 4 degree. Nothing can stop us. We bought the tickets to an attraction called " Maid of the Mist ". We went in a boat very close to the falls. My goodness it was such a nice experience. Also we went thru stairs close to the falls. The thunder sound of the falls, cool breeze and the mist. Oh it was amazing.

Honestly the maintanence was very poor there. It was fully crowded but no proper guidence.

The special thing what we did there was we stayed in a camp ground that night. The camp ground was situated in the Lake shore of Lk. Ontario. It was such a calm place.The Tent we booked was a furnished tent. It had 2 bed and 2 chairs with a table.