1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An AD that whacked me......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi sunkan,

Thanks for stepping in. I dont think I am wiser ...i am learning ..and am still learning how to tackle. :-D

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Shanti,

wonederful blog.Yes we all think we are experts at human relationships.And hecne we offer advise.

Somebody said " Dont give Salt and advise, unless asked for."

When people call me tosay " Kamal i need yr advise" i used to fell happy somebody has found me worthwhile to ask for advise.But i found out, they came tio me with sob stories, and wanted money, not advise.

these days i keep away from advise, as no body wants tolisten to me,everyone is smart as it is, and i have enough of my own problems to delve into other people's lives.

Thanks and regards.kamal

3. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

Nice write up. :clapI dont know what advise ad you are talking about.:confused: Sorry i dont watch TV much. Read only few magazines. Only one FM radio. So, pls tell me which AD you are talking about.

I was also thinking in these lines like you.I mean i was thinking why we are ready to listen to advise given by our Ilites and other online friends (dont get offended, iam not saying you are all outsiders but to say that you do not know us personally)but doesnt even care to take advise and suggestion given by our own MIL and other relatives.I mean we seek advise, suggestions, ... from our Ilites but we dont even think of asking our close relatives even if it is a problem that you can discuss with anyone.

I like to give advices, never minding whether the recepient takes it or not. I just assume that when someone ask advices, they ask to see different opinions, suggestion, different way of perceiving things so that they can take thier own decision . Personally, i dont like to take anyone's advise except like Which doctor do you suggest, etc like how Chitra Madam has mentioned.

Its true after food it is only to Advise that we can say"enough, stop it".

Bala

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi Kamalji,

thanks for peeping in. salt and sugar are called white poisons if used more than the limit. and advice also is a poison if given when not wanted.:tongue

I would like the person to come and say i want money honestly than giving me a sob story...i may even help him is he was really honest.

You are quite true..people are smarter..they already have the solution when they come to you for advice.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi bala,

Thanks. there is this ad for a mobile service provider..just check out .... you will understand what i mean..:bang:bang:bang..

(by the way I get to hear all this because of FIL watching few movies/serials...i am a news buff..)

You have a valid point there which i have already questioned..why..is it because of the anonymity. and in case of asking near/dear our egos hurt.:confused::confused::confused:...

I give my perspectives and opinion, never advice..not even in case of doctors...you know what..no two persons will have the same rapport with the same doctor. (experience:tongue)

It is an art to say stop it, i have had enough without hurting the opposite person.:thumbsup

6. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello shanthi

one more virgoan eh?
    like like same same...!

ya about being critics..
    but you see shanthi
    we are self critics too
    and too cautious
    lest we get hurt...
    but yes
    we do hand out a lot of advice
    out of `akkarai'
    and sometimes get beaten too...!

sathya

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi satya,

thanks for peeping in....

do you get the look that says thalai vazhiyum thirugu vazhiyum thanakku vanthal theriyum.....when you give advice out of akkarai.........

8. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,

Good article... I thought the AD is on Bhol India Bhol... is this what u ar referring to...

In this world the easiest thing which you can get without any charge is Advice... Freeya kudutha Finayllayum kudikira entha kalathula... They only thing which people dont accept easily is advice... even if it is good valid one...

I agree with you, when people ask you advice... actually they are not asking you for your expert opinion... They want you to vett to their ideas... They have already found a solution... but want somebody to accept that they are right... They cannot accept if you say that they are wrong...

I keep telling my junior collegues ... do this ... do that... so that you can save etc... All these things I told them based on what I have gone through in my personal life and how much I have sufferred at times... But after a point I found out that they are listening to me because I am their senior... Then now I stopped telling people... I cannot play GOD... If they really want to do something let them come back...

As you have rightly said... any 2 person / situation is not the same.... So the logic which we applied for the first cannot be applied for the second....

So...

9. vidyasundar

vidyasundar Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,
    gr8 write up:clap:clap:clap i love ur write ups always ....actually i was about to reply(advice) to one of our friend in IL for a post dropped the idea........

now can anybody please advice me should i do it or not when ive been asked for an advice:bang:confused:.......... need advice reg please:-D

regards
    vidya

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi veda,

IF your colleagues dont understand the value of what you are saying, may be they think you are finding fault with them or you are boasting. dont give advice until they come to you for it...this approach will definitely change the attitude of your subs...

To take advice is also an art and also requires a readiness to accept...:thumbsup.