1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Accountant's Thoughts On the New Year!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jan 1, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shanvy,

It's sheer happiness that Veda Vyasan and Shanthi have come together to wish me in the new year. One is intelligence personified and the other is peace personified. What more does a person want, apart from intelligence and peace? Happiness is sure to follow, as shadow follows a man.

By giving us just a "pound of flesh" you have taken "tons" of love from us. And even that small debit was just a precursor for large credits that will be coming your way.

When what you express is love from the heart, I tell you, words will be waiting for your beck and call.

This statement coming from a lady who started the Let's Pray thread is not surprising.

Can you guys explain what do you mean by figures?

Thanks, Shanthi.

I once again wish you, Veda Vyasan and the kids, a very happy new year.

Regards,

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

I fully agree with you and join hands in thanking her....

May God bless Ms.Malathy and Family a happy, prosperous, healthy & wealthy long life.....

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,
    A very happy 2008 to you & yours.

You are aware, I cannot be classified as "naughty" in view of my age - so took the liberty of reading & answering your post.
    I thought, Cheeniya, with all his worldly wisdom coupled with age had rightly written

From an appreciation of figures to an appreciation of numbers is a giant leap forward in our Spiritual Evolution!

But, knowing you as a "younger friend", you have just given him the reply, I anticipated from you !
    Ithai, ithai, ithai thaan naan edirparthaen!

You have not disappointed me ! I hope Cheeniya is not "quizzed" !
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Varalotti
    WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A HAPPY NEW YEAR.
    That was a beautiful lesson thought by the Guruji. Be happy with what you have and what you are...........then trying to fit in another persons shoe.
    When I read about the odometer had a hearty laugh even my DH gets excited when he sees 5000, 10000 or all the same numbers.
    These aare really a profitable thoughts for the new year. We are all carrying a hugh profits of 2007 into 2008 to double the profits in 2009.

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

A lovely write up to ring in 2008 Sridhar! Enjoyed it very much. It makes life much happier when we start seeing our cup half full than half empty. Lots to learn from the trees and bushes around us!

Hmmm....tsktsktsktsk

Keep to numbers young man, figures can look after themselves, you don't need to look at them!! shakehead

Huh, men will be men!

All in fun...Kamla!

6. varalotti

Dears,

Before get on with the rest of the replies I need to supplement the story with some new insights. I have been mulling over the story all day long. And among others, I want to share these with you.

First,the bush and the oak are just figurative examples. And there are several levels in human beings. To explain, you could be a bush to a hundred and a oak to a thousand. The only thing to remember is that happiness is where we are placed. God wont make us a bush and place ourl happiness in the nearby oak. As long as this lesson is remembered life will be all sweetness.

This story should not be used to practice idleness or escapism. The bush should not strive to be a oak. But even to stay as a bush, it has to strive. To be a good bush, the best bush among all bushes, it is a ceaseless strife from which we cant run away. And the oak should not become complacent seeing the bush. To retain its position it has to strive.

Now comes the trillion dollar question.'Well, let's say I am a bush. What are proper things to strive for?' The success of your life depends on how we find the answer for this question.

Happy new year once again.

Love,

7. varalotti

Dear Chithra,

Thanks a ton for your kind wishes.Wish you the same. Having moved with so many young people like you, the one thing I can assure you is this,

Age does not grant any immunity from being naughty. But being naughty to some extent, grants immunity from ageing. Hope you get the message straight this time.

There is and there can be no doubt about Cheeniya sir's wisdom. And when he wrote the following lines,

I understood the meaning immediately but wanted you to come over here. Hence extended an invitation for "naughty" ILites. Well, you came and to paraphrase your own words,
    PHP:
     Ithaiithaiithai thaan naan edirparthaen!

Neither have you disappointed me.

Love,

8. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Der Sridhar,
    Happy New yaer to you and your family.
    That was a great post to begin the new year with. You are very apt in saying that we should live life the way it is and definitely ought to better ourselves, but no pintless comparison. Contentment and peace of mind is all in what you see and ought to feel , it comes from within.

9. kripa shankari

kripa shankari New IL'ite

hi ca
    a very happy new year to you.
    what a wonderful write up.
    i know we all are fascinated with figures
    for men it means the numbers and truly ;) curves.
    but what i am worried now this year is the figure or the lack of it in my case.
    hav drawn heavy resolutions this year.
    if not a deepika padukone would like to look like at least our local kushbu.
    2007 was the year i discovered il and of course for the first time in my life chatted up with a world famous writer maha ganam porundiya srimaan
    sridhar aka varalotti avargal.
    looking forward to more great friendships in il
    luv to indushri and u sridhar as well as ur family.
    ramesh and shriya also join me in wishing all a very happy prosperous and
    healthy

luv
    kripa

10. srivatsa

srivatsa New IL'ite

Hi Sridhar,

Wishing You and your family a very happy New Year. Thanks for the short and sweet secret of being happy.

Regards
    Sri