1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Accountant, a flask, his wife and her tailor!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varloti,

Well its the same everywhere.the flask thing was damn good, which i forgot to mention in my earlier comment.

Yesterday, of the movies i bough, i saw Aradhana,the Rajesh Khanna one,and that was 1969 i think when i was in the 10th Std, and it brings back those memories when i saw the movie with friends, and just loved going back in time, Could not control a tear, in the end, when Rajesh Khanna comes to know that Sharmila is his mother.wift too was watching, sitting in the comfort of the AC, and i can tell u, that it was heaven.

For just 34/- movie, we had a great time, and were in heaven.Dosnt really require much ot be happy does it, Varlotti ? I dont know why people waste lakhs going to Switzerland when it is in yr home itself.

Sorry i talk too much sometimes.Regards.kamal

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamal,
    thanks.

Yes, Aradhana came in 1969. It is a kind of watershed event for us. I was in Class VI at that time. Of course I did not see the movie. But it was only after Aradahana we Tamilians started learning Hindi. What Hindi Prachar Sabha could not do for decades, Aaradhana did it in days.

You are right, Kamalji heaven is here. In fact you need not even go as far as the Theatre. It is just in the mind.

It was quite touching to read about your experience in going to a movie and having some soft moments.

Some Hindi movies have made me sob in the theatre. Lagan, Tare Zamin par...my God, I was crying even after the movies were over.

You don't talk too much. What you have said is quite interesting, Kamal.
    regards,
    sridhar

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

Yes i liked Tare Zameen par, superb really.

Yesterday saw Teesru Manzil the first part of theCD, today will see the second part.
    And those lovely songs, heaven it was, as was the movie.

And u know when i sit on Induis on the computer, i open U Tube, and listen to songs there, my favourite these days being, Sheeshe se Pee, ya paimane soe Pee, from Phool aur patthar, Aee mere Zor Zabeen ( Waqt), Mujhe duniya walon Sharabi na Samjhon, and the Love story song(English one of 1970,Ryan Oneil it goes like " Where do i begin", so the combo of Indus, and You Tuble,is heaven here during the day.HAHA.And of course no Alcholol during the day, just tea, and in the night, my whiskey and old movies, and wife by my sie, thats Heaven part 2.

Again i say too much,yr blogs are too intoxicating.Regards.kamal