1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

American Woman Dating Indian Man

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Cantdecide, Oct 16, 2016.

1. guava

guava Senior IL'ite

I do not know about compatibility. I don't know how good or bad it is. Mine was an arranged marriage. Just met, engaged and married within 3 weeks. I kept rejecting matches for fear of commitment and my assessment about compatibility, looks and what not.

Marriage was initially hard but we were in it and wanted to be with each other. I discovered after marriage that my husband was interested in someone else whom he had wished to marry. But decided otherwise as his mom didn't agree. Things weren't moving in our initial year. Imagine having in laws with me. Luckily I didn't have them with me for a year.

We are by god's grace doing great. Love each other's company. I cannot ask for anything else. Things got even more beautiful after my daughter was born.

All this I think would have been impossible if my in laws were with us all the time.

It is human tendency. A person needs to love. So no matter who you are thrown in with. unless either parties have major flaws, things work out. As long as there are no comparisons or standards set and there is acceptance of a partner.

So it's not just this person your relationship will work out no matter who you marry unless he has psychological issues or other habits.

About the guy, he has already failed once. I read somewhere that a person who has got divorced has a likelihood of going through it again.

As far as you are concerned I think you don't want be insincere in a relationship. As you look at yourself as someone who dates for marrying. True. I can completely understand this. But here there is much more at stake. I wish you good luck and pray to god to guide you. May be he is right for you. But it's not possible to be sure and know all. I think this would be the case in any match. Attraction between you too will definitely help. In laws presence in early years of marriage is a disadvantage for the bride. Unless they like you more than their son.

In my case like in everyone's I will have to eventually take care of my MIL when the time comes. It may be sooner or later but for now I'm having a great time. It will be a bit easier coz my husband helps me sooo much even though I do nothing. Just take care of the kid and do a bit of cooking.

2. Ashvini

Ashvini New IL'ite

@Cantdecide ,
    Kudos to you!!:clap2:

One more suggestion !
    Accept him as he is now with family or leave him. It will be good for your future !

guava likes this.
  3. guava

guava Senior IL'ite

Dear Cantdecide,

I have another weird advise for you. Which you have never heard of and may sound absurd. It's called Jyotish. Means shedding light. In other words these days the common name given to it is Vedic Astrology.Hold on to whatever faith you have in the almighty and you can try this option.

My parents never encouraged to believe in astrology and things like that but when it came to marriage they used act exactly opposite. They used to get a basic check done about compatibility and mainly one Major flaw known as the Mars defect. Most people whose spouses die or break up have this major flaw.

My father has seen in his family his two sisters whose marriages broke. Marriage was among well known relatives so horoscope was not checked. One resulting in the sister taking her own life. Second married American and left my aunt with two daughters. Also my father grew up among family and friends who used to make predictions which came very true.

My parents were very quick and rude in canceling a match. When asked about the reason a promt answer was given by my mother. The boy has mars problem in his horoscope we found out late they didn't tell us. They aren't going to lose anything. You might die. What for them.

Let me tell you these things are real. The most real are those things that we can't see.

I am no astrologer but I find this science by the sages so true and the rule of karma over the cycles of birth and death so accurate that I have nothing and very deep regard for this science.

To understand the interpretations of this science you only need to know the basics and have purity of heart and purpose.

Data needed to cast a horoscope is

Place of birth - that is the coordinates on the earth
    Time of birth to the minute excluding daylight saving.
    Date of birth.

You might accept the Inlaws but are they interested in you? Have you had a chance to live with them yet even for a brief period?

Forget about sons even daughters making money regularly if they spent money on parents even if the parent didn't want it initially start expecting it after a while and will be inconvenienced if withdrawn.

If the son is marrying a second time they gotta be extra sweet and help the marriage work. Wonder how the liked the first girl he married.

In the previous marriage either the boy or the girl probably had a fault in the horoscope.

If your parents were never separated or if you are not from a broken family you owe it to parents and society to make the right choice.

The society pays the price for broken marriages just because someone wanted a better life which they may or may not get outside the marriage.

My mother cooked, stitched clothes did all the house work groceries and taught us at home to do well in school. But my father never took her side and all he did was get his salary. But he wasn't a bad person. He is sweet in his ways. But a block never helpful for anything. But I am glad today that she stuck with him though I used to think otherwise during my younger days. My father has great regard for my mother even though he wasn't the best.

Read some posts in this forum you will get an idea about the effect is mars in breaking marriages.

I will post some interesting reads from this website. You can get paid consultantion privately for as less as 10 dollars. Without revealing personal details. Website owned by American in Hawaii! It was his calling after he lost his mother. Www.lightonvedicastrology.com

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  4. guava

guava Senior IL'ite

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016