1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Amazing Hair Trimmers

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by dilnawaz, May 29, 2014.

1. dilnawaz

dilnawaz Bronze IL'ite

I was very much stressed out when my son will remember and tell me late in evening that he has been asked to have a haircut by the school. Not that his hair would be so long but just that they would be touching his ears only. The school did not like too short cut. I would rush to a salon with him as mostly it would be during terminal exams.
    So when I saw an advertisement for hair trimmer I bought one.

Although I needed time to learn to use it for haircut. I started using it for myself also for my hands, legs and underarms to avoid waxing when I was not wanting a total cleaned up look. This helped reduce shabby look raised pores of undergrowth gave.

Since I did not want my daughter also to start waxing at young age I taught her to use hair trimmer for a clean hands and legs look she wanted.

My son grew and sometimes his hair follicles got bacterial infection because of perspiration. He also started using trimmer to get rid of unwanted body hair. He feels clean and soap consumption is also less..

I want more people to know and experiment with different types of hair trimmers available in market according to their needs.

This will cut down your parlour spending. And if you can learn to trim hair eventually like me you can start giving hair trims to your family members too..

A word of caution though if many members of family are likely to use it, see to it that the trimmer blades are detachable and washable. It should be cleaned after every use for better hygiene..

2. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Dilnawaz

Agree with you hair trimmers are very useful especially for gents, this avoids regular visits and waiting in salons. I gifted a trimmer to my DH and he loved it so much.

But i am bit doubt ful on using as substitute for waxing on legs, hands. Don't they make skin rough and dry :thinking

1 person likes this.
  3. god2014

god2014 Gold IL'ite

Its different for ladies, gents skin are rough generally so trimmers suit them ladies must use epilators specially made for ladies soft skin. It would make the skin worse, the hair growth would increase so please don't use the same trimmer which the men use for for ladies purposes.

4. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

I use braun's silk epil 5. Epilators are very painful :-(

5. god2014

god2014 Gold IL'ite

for the first time it would be but once you get used to it, its worthy. Also try to use it when the hair growth is less as it would be less painful. I use panasonic. Instead of waxing and trimming this is best as any time you wish you could do.
    After epilating please apply a moisturiser so that it would soften the skin and reduce pain

6. dilnawaz

dilnawaz Bronze IL'ite

I still hold my stand about hair trimmers. Unless you have used them please do not comment and misguide.
    I have used it on all parts of body and there has been no skin or hair damage. Please understand a simple thing it just cuts away hair above the skin. How can skins quality or hairs quality change? It is just that when hair is growing back you feel coarse when sliding your hand in opposite direction of hair growth.

For a total clean look I too use epilaror since 20 years. But for my daughter who is still 13 scared of waxing/epilation hair trimmer is a boon. We even use it for upper lip
    lip. We have found no adverse effects but have always been happy with the convenience.

But yes somehow even my family ladies have same mental blocks inspite of live examples of me and my daughter before their eyes. so I would leave it at that. Decision is yours...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  7. dilnawaz

dilnawaz Bronze IL'ite

Hope you are not confused with hair trimmers and electric shavers for men...:)