1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am Shattered!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by jasmine25, Aug 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Please stop blaming you for his EMA. People including his family will use your thinking to blame you. This EMA is his conscious decision and choice. He was aware of your love and dedication, but was not comitted or sincere. He was aware of his married status. I wont blame that woman also. If he cant think about wife and kids or his family, she dont have to. We dont know the lies he told her. Dont believe the lies he is creating now to convince you.

You are not the reason. He is the reason. He is responsible. So remove this tendency to blame you from your mind. If his family talk to you, take this stand that he cheated, not you, its his problem.

I dont want to give you any pain, but no point in closing eyes and pretending darkness. His drama is mainly because he was caught or the other woman exposed. She might have thought he will leave you and marry her. That's the reason for her blackmail drama.
    Who told you about this EMA. He or she?
    I feel all these talk about suicide is just tactics to make you yield and help him to protect image. Usual tricks of cheaters.

Dont forgive him or yield to his demands easily. If so , this will continue. Take a firm stand for you and kids and protect you.
    Time will reveal every thing. Dont take any emotional decision and try to gain clarity. Also, postpone any attempt to make every thing normal, even if he try his best. Focus on your life and kids.

Takecare.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    Laks09 likes this.
  2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Don’t beat yourself up. Don’t blame yourself. Even I am completely trusting and never bother to look at the phone or bank a/c or travel. I don’t even know which city he is going to. Thats not unusual. These are all things that happen in trusting marriages. Up until now, you had a real trusting friendly marriage. Only now, you know of this breach of trust. Don’t go back and ruminate over what you could have done differently. This affair isn’t your fault. It isn’t because you did or did not do something. It’s not you. He did this all by himself. You have no part to play in this.

3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I didn’t see this and posted the same things. @jasmine25, all of us feel this way. Get rid of your guilt. It’s not you at all.

4. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

Dear OP I was exactly in the same situation as yours few years before.You are now sad and distressed and to come out of this shock is not easy.I went thr terrible depression for close to 3 years after the betrayal by my H was revealed. My husband's brother helped bit to ease the situation with the other lady and also she was getting treated by a psychologist. So H had to have a group call with this lady,her H ,her doc and all..Money was involved,sex chat and periodic visits to her home all done by H.Trust can't be restored easily ,u gonna take long time and both of you will have a rough road to travel.for the time being concentrate on you,behave normally with kids ,try to get good sleep(again not easy),eat on time and spend more time outdoors .All this will help to burden off some pains you have now..I had this weird habit of crocheting for hours together when I was depressed.But that helped me from getting suicidal thoughts ..I donated all those finally when I was alright..Because all my crocheted products reminded me of my dark days of life.Indulge in a creative hobby and immerse in to it.Forget about your H for now.He is an adult and he should be responsible for all the wrong doings and the trauma he brought your life.Take care OP

5. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

@jasmine25 you have received some really useful responses. Hope you can follow them

One additional advice - you may not think this is a useful or relevant - but I have seen this happen to enough couples to see no harm in giving this advice!

Right now he is desperate - he is giving you a lot of his secrets, please save them as proof - this will help you fight for your reputation later.
    Right now it may look like he is regretting etc... but if there is a face turn, your in-laws are also going to support him - without proof, your life and more importantly, your kids lives can become worse hell than what you are facing now.... so please store enough proof of his infidelity and EMA

I am not being cynical and mistrustful, I am just being practical

jasmine25 likes this.
  6. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much Viswa sir for your time and response..All the above points are crisp and valuable..I have made a note of it and proceed accordingly.. As you all say, i understand that my kids are first n foremost priority of mine..will takecare..Thanks for all friends here who are helping out me.

7. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Agree ! Will do that..Never thought in this angle

8. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Sorry to hear what you have gone through..i can feel that as am in this situation..thanks for your words..

9. drdiva

drdiva Silver IL'ite

Dear OP
    You got so many good advices..but its not easy to calm down in such a situation . Your kids should b a motivation for you in this situation so that you dont loose yourself..Take good care of them and take all decisions keeping them in your mind..plz avoid such feelings like commiting suicide..or feeling blank..You have your kids responsibility and it has doubled now bcoz of this situation..i will keep you in my prayers.

10. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much..It means a lot to me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.