1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am I Wrong In Expecting Help From Parents ?

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Benadryl, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

You are justified in your anger and disappointment. There are lots of parents who support the kids like you are expecting.

Unfortunately, Your parents are also justified in declining to come and support you. To leave their comfort zone at the old age and to come to a lonely foreign place is not everyone's cup of tea.

Your parents doesn't seem like they will form a good support system going by the way you are describing ( your dad in particular ).

Ultimately, don't burn the bridges, keep them in good spirits. Get help where you can and they are willing. Keep reiterating in a positive way and it might work better than being angry and losing out what you can get. ( I agree, its easier said than done. )

Wish you the best.

Benadryl likes this.
  2. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

Benadryl, you and your wife must check out the thread
    "Care Of Old Parents In Dysfunctional Families"

3. vijayan13680

vijayan13680 Bronze IL'ite

This seems like a big matter ...

I would think its better to meet a counselor so that you can come to a better conclusion.

if you are in blr , pls let me know. Will suggest a few good places that are free for counseling.

4. senorita2019

senorita2019 Gold IL'ite

You are not wrong at all and your expectations are very reasonable and valid.

Personally if I send this much money monthly to my parents i will expect them to support me unless they are bedridden. If they are self sufficient then i will shut my mouth and just close the chapter.

you cant change others, better to invite your inlaws or hire sitter(reduce miney to parents on the pretext of nanny charges) or suck it up for couple of years and kids will be old enough.