1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am I Thinking Right Or Too Much?

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by nolife, Apr 11, 2016.

1. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

Hi ILs,
    I got a match where guy is undergoing divorce..He has told me that he does not have any kids. WIth the help of his phone number I have tracked his FB and the searched him on instagram and followed him in Instagram. He has followed some 350 people/pages in instagram. Since his job is fine I was quite ok to get ahead with this match.
    Yesterday I have observed his instaram more closely..From what I understand with instagrams likes is this guy might have spent ample time in dubai, turkey, travelled to US and indonesia. He has liked some shopping sites.
    His like include mostly hollywood models , fitness stores. What is startling is he has like some pages like modern hijabs (burquas which muslims wear), wedding dresses (not indian but the western gown like ) , falcon hand bags, hair styles, beauty products, jewellwery, beach wear. one page for dairyoffitmommys, cute little kids page, 2 shopping pages where apparels of kids are found abroad.
    If does not have kids then according to me he would not be liking the kids shopping pages. His bro has a kid. If i consider that he has done shopping for his brothers kid then also he would not be liking the page for dairyoffitmommy. By seeing this I get a feeling that either his wife might have accessed his instagram account or he would have done shopping for her. By seeing this page it looks like had good time with his ex wife . HE said he was married in 2011 and got separated after 1yr and fighting the case which might come to an end soon. Please advice . Is my doubt right?

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You should simply ask him. Not in a confronting or doubting tone, but, in a casual way.

I am not familiar with instagram, but there could be so many reasons for the unusual collection in his 'liked' sites. Just as an example - sometimes roommates share an amazon prime account. The collection of items bought would seem crazy for one person to buy. Now-a-days many people log in to many sites using FB, email etc. It could be something so harmless as he's followed/liked those sites as part of work.

It is good to be cautious when screening prospective matches, but half knowledge and assumptions based on that can be harmful.

shobhamma and nolife like this.
  3. maya9876

maya9876 Silver IL'ite

Hi Op,

You are not thinking too much. But you are stalking too much :D :D

Just kidding, I would too research as much as I can about a guy if I was interested. But I must say, his collection of likes seem quiet strange. Is he muslim? if not why is following the burqa page. And whats with all the beauty products, hairstyle pages? I would be concerned about this that worrying about his ex love for his ex wife. And kids apparel pages?

I would say your doubts are fair. Do some more research. Better to be cautious than sorry.

nolife likes this.
  4. blossomingbud

blossomingbud Silver IL'ite

I am more concerned about this than his Instagram page. Have you verified these details?He is separated for 4+ years. How can he be sure that his divorce will come to an end soon?

nolife likes this.
  5. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Op,
    Did u know the reason for his divorce? It is always safe to be cautious,as your life matters here..

nolife likes this.
  6. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

@blossomingbud
    From my understanding, he might have settled the case by giving money. He has told me that he does not have kids before itself but his Instagram page is making me doubtful.
    He told me that his wife left him for another man

7. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Op,
    Just asking out of ignorance,if it was the wife who left him for another man,then y should he settle the divorce case with money..looks contradictory..

nolife likes this.
  8. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

He was telling that wife has put up cases for money so that she can settle with boyfriend

9. maya9876

maya9876 Silver IL'ite

@nolife
    I always find it harder to trust people when they put all the blame on the other party. Wife left him, to be with her boyfriend, wants to grab his money so she can settle wit her boyfriend! And his divorce is still not settled!? It has been 4 years
    How do you know for sure he doesnt have a wife and kid? Maybe hes happily married, just fishing online for women to play around with ? Online romances are always harder to trust. When things dont add up its important to be even more cautious.
    How did you find him? is it through matrimonial sites? Or is it through online dating site?
    Dont get too involved too quickly. Proceed with caution

cheenu123, SGBV, nolife and 1 other person like this.
  10. Jazmine83

Jazmine83 Gold IL'ite

op..

do you have any siblings or best friends. My profile was on matrimony section for a brief time. My sibling put it up, she took all the calls and initial screening. Can someone do this for you? I think having this gate will help weed out some of the weirdos you are coming across.

nolife likes this.