Am I saying my prayers in the correct order?

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by lulu90767, Jan 26, 2016.

1. lulu90767

lulu90767 New IL'ite

This is my daily routine. Can someone please tell me if I should change the order of my prayers or the number of times I do each one? I've been going through a hard time lately in almost every aspect of my life - an ill parent, general disputes between my siblings that I get caught in the middle of, difficulty concentrating at school and work due to so much stress at home, the stress of balancing full time work and school, and most recently, a sudden break up with my fiancé because of a kundali mismatch that came up all of a sudden after an almost year long relationship. I need God's help and I want to reach him in the right way so any suggestions would really help. I also stopped eating meat, etc after the break up with my boyfriend. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

• Om Gum Gunpataai Namah (11 times)
    • Gayatri Mantra (108 times)
    • Karpur Gauram Karunavtaaram mantra (11 times)
    • Jai Mata Di (11 times)
    • Hanuman Chalisa (usually 1 time, sometimes 2)
    • Om Namah Shivaya (108 times)
    • See Divya Siddha Mangala Stothram (1 time which I learned about on IL)

I know that you should pray to Ganesh Ji first and before all, but should I follow any particular order for the rest of my prayers? Can you help me here? I also want to add the Shiv Chalisa in here somewhere as well as either the Durga Chalisa or Laxmi Chalisa but not sure where to add those in.

2. MLP1

MLP1 Silver IL'ite

Your daily prayer schedule looks fine to me. Here are some other ideas:

1. You can try taking a sankalp and then say Siddha Mangala Stotra 11 times daily for 40 days. Ideally target this pooja for a specific problem. There are several threads on Indus Ladies for this purpose. If that is too much, then try to incorporate some reading daily. I recommend starting off with Sai Sat Charitra.

2. You can say Shiv Chalisa on Monday, Mahalakshmi Ashtakam on Tuesday and Durga Chalisa on Friday.

3. Say the Devi mantra once a day atleast:
    Sarva-Mangala-Maangalye Shive Sarvaartha-Saadhike
    Sharannye Triambake Gauri Naaraayanni Namostute

These are just ideas and I'm sure more knowledgeable members here can help you better. Hope this helps.

3. MLP1

MLP1 Silver IL'ite

Also if you have time on the weekends, you could try to say Lalitha Sahasranamam. If you haven't learnt this or recited it before, it will take you 1 hour the first time, and then will gradually reduce to 20-25 minutes.

4. lulu90767

lulu90767 New IL'ite

Also i am a 26 year old girl and manglik - adding this to my details above

5. lulu90767

lulu90767 New IL'ite

Thank you very much MLP1. This is helpful.

1. I will look into taking a sankalp like you said.

2. Thank you for advising which days to say the Shiv Chalisa, Mahalakshmi Ashtakam and Durga Chalisa. Can I just add them to the end of my usual schedule on those days?

3. I know this Devi Mantra by heart. I don't know why i haven't already incorporated it. Can i say it 11 times?

Also, additional details - I am a 26 year old girl, work full time and am in grad school part time. I also recently found out that I am manglik so if any of your advice changes based on these details, please let me know.

Thank you so much for your reply!

6. MLP1

MLP1 Silver IL'ite

I'm the same age as you too, also unmarried. Just finished grad school and started working. I've been pretty religious from the beginning so these are just my two cents.

You may need to consult a proper astrologer for your issue. The magnitude of mangal dosh depends on which house Mars is in, from lagna, and sometimes navamsa and chandra charts. I know that mangliks are benefited by reciting the Hanuman Chalisa daily.

I want to reiterate, pls consult a good, professional astrologer when you go home on vacation. As per my knowledge, mangal dosh is cancelled out many times. Only someone with a good understanding of vedic astrology can help you.

7. lulu90767

lulu90767 New IL'ite

Thank you again so much! Any other suggestions/contributions from others are welcome.