1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am i right or my hubby about sending my toddler to kidscare?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Anudina, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Anudina

Anudina New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I have recently moved to Greenbay,Wi and know a very few people here. The problem is my son will be 2 years by this 16th and i feel he is ready to spare a half a day in kidscare, but my DH says he is too young.
    Let me explain it clearly. Just to make my son familiar with English i used to allow him to watch PBS kids for sometime daily. That wasn't a problem just before two months. But now he knows quiet a many characters in TVand also is happy to watch lionking, nemo,tom & jerry etc all the time he is awake. He is very catchy and repeats all at once i teach him. I feel he is continuously watching TV and if i say no, he cries or he wants me to teach or play with him. I am not able to spare all the time with him as i need to do household works and also need some time for myself too.I feel this is because he is very lonely and doesn't know what else to do for his age.
    I feel this is the right time to join, Half day kids care program at least thrice a week, so that he will be engaged, learn,meet kids of his age and PARTICULARLY learn a few disciplinary activities. But my husband says its too early for him to go to school when he is not even potty trained and its just a waste of money and also he says all his colleagues children went only by three yrs. He is not understanding whatever i say.
    Now i'm confused whether i'm right or he? Also please let me know the reviews of KINDERCARE, i heard its around $120/3 days a week but is it for a week or a month?Wont they take care of his diapers since he is just two?Please guide me and also make my husband clear.

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi Anudina,
    I can empathize with you.Please check this link http://www.indusladies.com/forums/baby-sitting-day-care/31265-kindercare-review.html

In kindercare diapers are accepted and they do encourage potty training.My son too went 3 hald days to kindercare.It is a welcome change for moms and kids too.Do try to explain this to your husband.we cannot compare the age at which kids go to daycare/preschool.It differs for each families.

3. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Can't agree more with Supriya. It really depends on the family and the social-time the child gets. We were offered pre-school montessori at 1 yr and 10 months, we realised Kiran was not ready for it because his social skills were absolutely rudimentary at that point.
    He is now 2 yrs 2 months, I can clearly see an interest in engaging kids his age or older in play - especially girls Drowning. We realise in another 4 months he will have learnt the basic rules from us and will thrive ina pre-school environment. The school that we've approached has told us they will work with us in helping potty train Kiran if he is not by then, using the same gentle techniques we do. So that is a relief. Do interview the schools around your area and try and get a feel of what their philosophies are before you enroll your child - he is not going to be learning to write and read or academics at this stage. It is going to be about engaging in a society, in my opinion.