Am I pregnant?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by devotee, Apr 12, 2007.

1. arshina

arshina New IL'ite

Re: Faint positive on hpt

:thumbsupWaiting for a good news from you..... take care of yourself,i suggest complete rest til you do next hpt.All the best.

2. bunchofroses

bunchofroses Bronze IL'ite

Re: Faint positive on hpt

Thank you ladies for your good wishes. Will check again after I miss my period.

3. Love84

Love84 Bronze IL'ite

Am I Pregnant

Hi with hopes and confusion i am writing this ...
    I have PCOD and have been under treatment for the past 3 years. I got married late last year and had irregular periods . I went to gynec in december and she prescribed novelon for 2 months and blood test and found my LSH and FSH levels irregular. My hormone levels became regular in the month of March . In the month of march she prescribed follicular study and HCG injection and susten tablet frm the 16th day of period . As advised by her we had IC on the specified days but unfortunately i had stomach ache and fever and got my periods immediately on the 30 th day . In the month of April she didnt prescribe anything and asked us to leave it natural and prescribed susten tablet from 16th day. usually i have my periods within 30-35 days now i didnt get my periods and she advised me to take PPT and it was negative. She has asked us to wait for this week before proceeding to give with-drawal tablet. My doubt i have the symptoms of pregnancy nausea and head ache in the mornings. I have always responded to susten tablet and got periods immediately. I am confused whether i am pregnant . i wanna be pregnant and get baby soon. Please advise me.....

with Hopes
    janaki

4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Re: Am I Pregnant

Hi janaki,

Do not worry..i can understand your situation but worrying is not going to help you at all..instead worsen the situation..so better get rid of negative thoughts and face life with confidence..

What is your last menstrual period date?
    When did you do the Home pregnancy test ? Was that which turned negative

5. Love84

Love84 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for your soothing advice. My last menstrual cycle was on April 3rd and expected was on May 3rd and . I did Home pregnancy test last friday which turned negative.... Any advise ?

6. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Give another try this weekend probably this friday(should be your 47th day right)..irrespective of the result do fix an appointment with your gynec..relax till then..do not strain or stress..eat healthy think healthy. all the best :thumbsup

7. STARBUCKS

STARBUCKS New IL'ite

hi janaki...
    are you still taking the susten tablet?? if so it can be due to that also.i think susten must be a progesterone supplement which can prolong the luteal phase meaning it can pospone your periods little if you are not pregnant.
    on the other hand you could be pregnant and for some women it may take upto 1 week or more after the missed period to have a positive HPT
    there is 1 more possibility that you dint ovulate this month {history of PCOS} and thats why you dint get your periods
    ..just check with your gynec..i m no expert but just shared what i thought could be your solution..
    relax...lots of baby dust to you...

krithika

8. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

I will also agree to what Cindhuja and kritsdent said.

1. Repeat your HPT again this week. Based on any result, fix an appointment with Dr.
    2. Susten might also be the reason since it helps in elevating progesterone levels. I guess Doctors will advise to stop Susten after negative HPT.

9. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Janaki,

Even i had PCOS for 3 yrs.
    Got married last year and conceived in my 10th month of marriage.
    Even i ignored when i missed my periods thinking its my usual irregular cycle problem.
    But my DH adviced me to take the home test.
    I did and it came negative. But as i was busy with some function i delayed taking my with-drawal tablet.
    Again after 3 weeks from my date i simply tried the home test again and it was positive.
    So i suggest pls wait for some more days and try the test again.
    Good Luck!!!

10. lifezbeautiful

lifezbeautiful New IL'ite

Negative HPT

Hi ILs,

I am 15 DPO (26 day cycle) and HPT is negative. I should have got my period yesterday.
    No preg symptoms as such :( Is there any possibility that I might be pregnant?

This is my first cycle of TTC. I was kinda stressed out the whole month! And I have a feeling that the stress is delaying my period (though it has never happened before)