1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am I Overthinking About In Law's Or They Are Being Mean And Selfish Really?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Vyahrthi, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Parry22

Parry22 Silver IL'ite

50K ???? For what ??? Thats a huge amount. Parents can survive in 15K and that incluces, medicines, rent, utilities, shopping, groceries. Any other emergency expenses can be paid by you as per need basis. You in laws don't save so don't give anything beyond expenses as they will only waste it.
    I can suggest you open an investment option and force your husband to pay for it , like a recurring deposit of say , 30K per month. That will allow u to save money at the same time have an excuse to tell your in laws, that you don't have any spare money because you have to put money in recurring deposit every month.

2. libran

libran Junior IL'ite

Absolutely well explained. There's nothing else to add here, very elaborately written.

Your husband needs to step up and talk to them , make it clear that he cannot afford sending money anymore. He needs to be more assertive and need to let them know.

3. frndlysgp

frndlysgp Silver IL'ite

OP, his parents has clearly exploited him for money. Does you husband realize that? Whats there financial position? Do they have own house to stay. If they have then 15 to 20 K should be the maximum amount you should give. It also depends on where they live, if its metro city then they need this amount else there expenses should be lesser than this. Don't entertain the SIL, she just know how to extract money from your hubby. What kind of a person will not even attend the only brother's marriage ? Clear all the loans first. The more you push it higher will be the interest rates.

4. Charu1984

Charu1984 New IL'ite

I would definitely blame your DH for not learning the lesson at each step.

Anyway let bygones be bygones. Since the major responsibility of marriage and delivery for his sister is over, your DH can stop giving large chunks of money to his parents for whatever reason. Instead if they have any particular necessity he can help but not give away all savings.

I assume this is an obvious solution. It all depends on what type of attitude your DH has towards saving. If he realises this on his own, you don't have to do anything actually. But if he doesn't then start investments for your both's future life and kids. That way he will have less money in his savings and so lesser tension for you.