1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

almost 8 months and still does not sit

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Lostinva, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Lostinva

Lostinva New IL'ite

hi
    My son is going to turn 8 months soon and still does not sit on his own.MIL scares me tat something is wrong with kid is there anything i can do to make my kid sit

2. desiprincess

desiprincess Senior IL'ite

yup, you can try sitting your baby in the corner of the sofa with pillows.. or you can buy a baby chair called bumbo which is supported and let your son sit in that...Every child is different and will reach milestones at different times... As long he can hold his neck well you can train him to sit... if you are really worried take him to you pead...

3. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I don't think you need to worry if your baby meets other milestones like rolling over, crawling etc..

My son was not able to sit without support at 8 months.. He did it at 9 months n started walking in 10th month itself.

Many babies take their time in mastering different milestones.

Just consult your baby to his paediatrician.

Love,
    Ansu

4. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Each baby is unique and has his/her own milestone.Some of them sit late and walk early and viceversa.So don't worry.Talk to the pediatrician.

5. meena_arun

meena_arun Senior IL'ite

Hi
    You do not need to worry. Is ur baby mobile? Is he moving around the house in one way or the other like crawling, creeping, etc...is he rolling over and holding his head up? Then u need not worry at all...
    My baby started sitting up by himself only after 10 months...even i was worried before that thinking that i need to give some physiotherapy exercises...but then he did all by himself....
    keep urself cool and enjoy these baby days with ur son...