All posts relating to Karwa Chauth

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by Abha, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Re: Karwa Chauth

MahajanPragati,

If u live in Lagos,Nigeria, there is a full group observing Karwa Chauth pooja and fast. I can get u the details.

If u r pregnant and that too in Nigeria, pls do not observe the fast. It is more important that the baby gets enoug nourishment. Health and medical care being what it is in Nigeria, dont fast. Eat normally. Remember, God willing next year you can again do Karwa Chauth.

Goodluck!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2007
  2. pragatim

pragatim New IL'ite

Re: Does anybody know when is karvachauth,2007?

Hi,

Dear my prayers are with you. What happened to you? Which kind of surgery you will be having?

Pragati

3. pragatim

pragatim New IL'ite

Thanks. I am from Pasadena, CA. Still I am not pregnant....

What abt u? Are u keeping the fast..Yesterday I got an Indian Journal, in that it is clearly mentioned that it is on 29 th oct. U know I really liked Abhas description and the gift part. This month I will be getting two gifts. One is of my birthday on 28 oct and other of karva chauth):

Pragati

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Pragatim,

Advance greetings on your birthday! And lucky you, two gifts in two days. Good luck with Karwa Chauth. And with getting pregnant!

Actually, my earlier message was specifically addressing a post by Mahajanpragati. I should have been more explicit. Sorry.

regards

5. akshu

akshu New IL'ite

hi abha,
    thank you soo much for your suggestions.

i will try to do the karva chauth tomorrow.
    Also i heard from a friend of mine that if we do karva chauth one year then we need to do it every year without failure. is that true?

thanks again..

6. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends
    Good wishes to all my friends celebrating Karva Chauth.

7. gaurica

gaurica New IL'ite

Hello All:

This is my first Karva Chauth and I was wondering if there is a puja gathering in Manhattan that anyone is aware of as I would rather do it with others than alone!

8. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear friends,
    i am thankful to all u ladies for giving sane advice.as adviced by u all & enforced by my husband,i did not do the traditional fast of no food ,no water.i kept on taking water all day & ate fruits but took food only after worshipping moon.
    dear vidya,
    i did found a group that observed the fast.we all met at local temple & a senior lady recited the story & prayer.
    thanks again
    pragati

9. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai friends

Iam pakka southindian and dont know about all this, but sterday, in suntv they showed some clipping about this, they said this KARWA CHAUTH is celebrated in UP.MP and all places, the married ladies will do strict fasting for their husband's sake and

THIS TIME EVEN MEN STARTED THEIR FASTING EVEN THEY WANT THEIR WIVES TO BE WITH GOOD HEALTH AND LONG LIFE..........THEY SHOWED GROUP OF PEOPLE DOING THIS IN TEMPLE AND THEY SHARED THEIR VIEWS . and the ladies say, they were very happy to see that their husbands peforming this for them.....

hAI FRIENDS., WHOEVER FASTING FOR THIS,

MY HEARTIEST WIHSES TO ALL OF U

LATAMURALI

10. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

hai

Even in southindia, we also perform puja and fasting for our hubb's good health and longevity.......in the period around march 15th

We call it as KARADAYAN NOMBU,- last day(actually last mintue) of TAMIL MONTH MAASI AND FIRST DAY OF PANGUNI , at that exact time, we will do that puja

Not like , we dont drink even water, but fast without having anyother food except liquids, and after performing puja , we will have that prasadams alone, thats the food fot the day..

latamurali