All posts relating to Karwa Chauth

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by Abha, Oct 19, 2007.

1. cute teddy

cute teddy Bronze IL'ite

re: Karva Chauth when you have your dates

Yes buddy u can definately pray n fastt for karwa chauth puja
    :thumbsup

2. itspam20

itspam20 New IL'ite

Thanks and All the best to you too.

Which place are you from

3. cute teddy

cute teddy Bronze IL'ite

I am from California...
    Nd dont worry me punajbi too n gotta know this from my mother in law that u can perform kc puja if.................. u chill n njoy buddy:)

4. itspam20

itspam20 New IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks for confirming.

Now the thing is that i am wanting to keep KC, but it is not kept at my in-laws place and hence my Hubby is not wanting me to keep ... Again and again he tells the same thing , that i shouldnt keep.
    I am confused now.

What do i do ?

5. cute teddy

cute teddy Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

u tell try to explain to him whts the significanse of this fast n y u wanna keep it.......
    if he still doent want u to do tht...
    just chill n dont keep fast but dont forget to pray for ur husband long life on this day
    come on now he cant stop u to pray ..........right:)

6. itspam20

itspam20 New IL'ite

OK.

Tonight once again i shall try and speak to him on this and if he doesnt agree u shall not keep , but do the pooja.

As i feel if hes not wanting me to do it, its of no use.

Lets see.

7. kitekite

kitekite New IL'ite

hey everyone,
    ill be observing the fast like every year I have. I am still single but always pray to Maa Gauri that she blesses me with a very nice husband whom can keep me happy and whom i can keep happy also. I eat sargi with my mom in the morning and around 4-5 pm my moms friends come over and we all listen to the katha together. I also have a baby coconut my mom calls it a "toothi" i fill it up with rice and sugar and keep it with me with a garvi of water while listen to the katha. Then at night i wait for the stars to come out and complete the ritual by offering meeti mathi to the stars along with water from the garvi and ask Maa Gauri to bless me with a husband whom is nice and caring. I then break my fast in front of the stars. There are alot of people who say that unmarried woman are not allowed to observe this fast, however I guess its all about personal opinions and the faith that you have. I believe that its never wrong to observe a fast, the only thing that is wrong is if you dont go through with it. As pandhit ji had said at the mandhir, one should only observe the fast without any second thoughts. You should never eat in a fast when you are forbidden to eat and if you are allowed to eat you should minimize the intake. For example when drinking water after having the katha read to you, after an hour you should not be like oh ill just have another glass it wont hurt. Always fast the proper way and always ask God for forgiveness just in case you have done something wrong but you do not know that you did. Just thought i would share my insight with you all.

Hope Everyone has a great Karva Chauth.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hey friends,
    A very happy karva chauth to you all!
    Though I am aSouth Indian, I regularly watch Hindi serials and am familiar with this fasting. Nowadays, the serials depict even husbands volunteering to keep this vrat for their wives, a nice and welcome change indeed.
    I want to narrate a funny incident. My son too would watch serials with me wen he was a kid. He had not seen me sieving flour with a sieve at all. When we visited my people, he saw my mother sieving. When my mother asked him if he knew what it was, he said yes. Then he went on about how women look at the moon thro that and then their husbands and then they drink water which husband gives. There was a huge laugh at this, I always remember this during Karva Chauth.
    Let Goddess Gouri bless you all!

9. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

Re: karwa chhauth

Hi Shwetha
    What is Karwa chhauth?
    Uma

10. geetabhaskar

geetabhaskar Senior IL'ite

Re: Karva Chauth 2008

Happy Karva Chouth Friends. Today's Karva Chouth meant very special to me. I opened
    one of the TV News Channels and saw a very warm and happy news. Our wonderful hero Big B (Amitabh Bachan) has come home from the hospital today. Indeed it was a very happy Karva Chouth for his wife Jaya . The Channel showed how the whole Bachan family celebrated this festival by viewing the moon from the terrace of thier bunglow. I am a fan of Amitabh Bachan and wish him very good health

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008