1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

All is well ! DH back !!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by flowerlady, May 2, 2010.

1. Letmehavefun

Letmehavefun New IL'ite

Good quote....really liked it..

2. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Thanks , one partner may think that he/she has a perfect marriage but the other one may not !
    After all marriage is between two individuals from two entirely different setups. Even brothers and sisters have clashes but tolerate , fight and carry on.
    We are born into a family , we cannot choose , divorce or select a new parent/ sibling but in a marriage one can change partners .
    This paves the way for adventure and affairs in the hope of findng the perfect soulmate who does not exist.
    In the quest the errant spouse wrecks his family -life, his kids are scarred forever ,the discarded spouse feels ill-used but is expected to welcome the guilty party back !

3. sunita283

sunita283 New IL'ite

I think for wives are compromising because of kids only and that is why they don't walk out of marriage. They don't want kind to be part of broken family. But in return DW is suffering every day.. every moment and always thinks of her charcterless husband.. who stabs her from back.. I think that poor lady can nerver forget this and scars will go when she leaves this world.

4. sunita283

sunita283 New IL'ite

I think for wives are compromising because of kids only and that is why they don't walk out of marriage. They don't want kind to be part of broken family. But in return DW is suffering every day.. every moment and always thinks of her charcterless husband.. who stabs her from back.. I think that poor lady can nerver forget this and scars will go with her when she leaves this world.

5. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

I agree with you 100%.The scars will not go off definitely.

What could be the best solution to this problem(apart from men being loyal which is more unlikely)?

I don't know how many of you watched that Baghyaraj & Saritha movie.The story goes like this.Baghyaraj will have weakness for women and when Saritha finds out , she chooses to leave him.But at the end Baghyaraj gives her an ultimatum that if she does not come and join him in few days he will get married to somebody else.This lady also begs him at the end (falls at his feet) to be with her.:rant

And a lot of people justify saying that "being a man he is waiting for you for such a loong time.You should be lucky to have such a hubby".:rant

But what about the lady?Even she was alone but she did not go around searching for another one.But the MAN is great.

I think somewhere in middle(or was it from the beginning?) some of our people have changed things to suit their needs.

To me accepting somebody who is/was a cheat is NOT acceptable.But then it is not safe to live alone in this society for a woman.This makes me wonder sometimes "why should women bear all this and why only women?"

6. flowerlady

Not only does the poor wife tolerate her characterless DH but also gets to hear things like she could not hold him , not good enough for her DH from other women .
    Other men will smirk and say lucky fellow having a gharwali and a bharwali (one at home and one outside).
    Of course the DW after listening to this drivel has to welcome back the DH with open arms and do arti !!

But is the sacrifice worth it ? The kids will not like to hear how the mom tolerated the errant DH for their sake.
    They are quite capable of saying why did you sacrifice for us , we would have survived anyway , so why crib ?

Whatever steps a wife takes are for herself , she should not expect her kids to be obliged to her for staying in the marriage.
    On the other hand some DH would not like to grant divorce to their foolish loyal wife and marry the other woman.

So where is the option?

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  7. 12adityas

12adityas Bronze IL'ite

8. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

I agree with you 100% on this ,FL!Look at the ADs these days also.The men easily tease the characterless men to be lucky.Even see the movies , we can see so many vivek comedies teasing the wives.I hope you get what I want to say.I do not want to mention it in the public forum.(hint - ******** rombha adivaangi irukke : meaning very old).

I saw some AD recently a guy saying he saved so much to get a lorry then a beautiful driver and then a beautiful cleaner.:rant.

I have the same question.Is it really worth?Kids can easily say "why did you sacrifice for us?".But imagine , it becomes a bit difficult for kids to cope up in the society,particularly our society.The other thing is the society will make the woman fee so miserable for leaving her hubby.They will say "who knows why he went for another woman.If the lady in the house is good everything will be alright".

And there is another funny thing which happens.Some wives say that the other woman is at fault and their hubbies are inncocent.This is heights.

12Adityas, EMA is wrong be it a man or woman.But the topic here is when somebody knows that a her hubby had EMA how and why is she accepting him BACK.

9. flowerlady

Right Bhuvnidhi ,this thread is not about why married men / women stray (as if they are cattle ! ) and of course both are at fault.
    It appears that men do not feel bad about straying , the entire burden of the affair is borne by the innocent wife. The other woman will also move on in life to greener pastures after having a good time leaving a shattered family.
    Yes the movies also portray men fooling the wife and trying their luck with wayward women , coming back with their tails between their legs (this is merely a turn of speech and does not reflect on the protagonists ) promising to be good.
    Classic example is an old Sanjeev Kumar movie Pati Patni aur Woh.