1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

All for a grandchild

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, May 12, 2013.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Aruna sweetie I understand your dad not wanting to call you.. who wants to talk to you.. haha... just kidding.. I hear you say grandparents wanting to call grandchildren.. nice to see you here always my friend :))

2. Anandchitra

My dear Satchi I dont think we are talking about the same person. I am not talking about anyone HERE !!!

3. Anandchitra

My dear Anitap
    Your comments are so nice to get. You write so well. I was not writing about anyone here though!

1 person likes this.
  4. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Aww thought that you were talking about someone who is missing in action here because she became a grandma recently. :bonk:.... Sorry.... :hide:

2 people like this.
  5. Anandchitra

No problem my friend. Just wrote in general. In real life I have too many women who are recent grandmothers and you can tell just looking at them how eager they are to share about their grandchild. I think its so beautiful really
    My parents till date never get tired of hearing about my son. Today when I told them he cooked breakfast for me cause its mothers day they were thrilled. All his other meaningful accomplishments took a back seat since he has done something so thoughtful..
    Whatever was the reason you thought to step in here I for one as super delighted always to see you here.. Happy Mothers day Dear friend :)))

1 person likes this.
  6. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear AC,
    A lovely write up !!!

Yes,Grandparents serve as role models, teachers, nurturers, providers and mentors.
    It is physically, spiritually, and emotionally healthy for children to have a close relationship with someone at the opposite end of the age spectrum.Grandparents and grandchildren are hard-wired to connect in ways different from parents and children. They have this adoration and unconditional love and joy in one another's existence."
    Most grandparents long to be involved in the lives of their grandchildren, and there are a multitude of benefits for families who bring generations together.
    Children learn through close intergenerational relationships that they belong to something larger than themselves — a real blessing in this "me, me, me" society. Children whose grandparents are living the active lives typical of older adults today want to be actively involved with them.
    Grandparents can offer unconditional love, encouragement, and support. They also can share their wisdom and a wealth of experience Sorry for the long one. This is my favorite subject so I shared my thoughts.
    with love
    pad

2 people like this.
  7. Anandchitra

Pad my dear friend
    So good to "see" you after a long time.
    Your reply has brought in more beauty and blossom of fresh adoration here... I am so grateful you stepped in
    Like you say grandparents can serve as many different role models
    It is true that integration of grandparents into the life of our children is indeed a blessing for the child. The children also benefit from the wisdom and experience no doubt at all.
    Please do not say sorry as your reply is one to treasure
    I am always so happy to see first time grandmothers the joy that they cannot control and want to share
    Most of friends who became recent grandmothers walk around with a small album and keep changing pictures in that frequently
    This is above the photos that get stored in the phone. a couple of months back my friend who became grandmother wanted to show me some photo from the phone. Before she did her husband showed it to me.
    She did not like it at all.. haha.. she again showed it to me.. much to her husband's annoyance.. I enjoyed it!

It is indeed sad that due to distances these days that intimacy level is lost. Nowadays kids are growing at a different rate and level that they do not have as much to talk with grandparents and once th ekids grow up they do not want to talk to anyone older than them!!! That I find sad and even scary. Not to imply all kids are like that.
    Like you I too have replied in long.. bringing back memories of my grandparents. Thanks again for the visit:)))

1 person likes this.
  8. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

AC Darling.. lil grandma yet to be!!!!..
    loved your write up .. you know I always wondered about this grandparent and grandchild bond.. the most terrifying parents turn out to be such softies with their grandchildren.. its as if their whole personalities have changed...guess everybody has some fond memories of their childhood days spent with their grandparents... well joke in my mom's family was that grandma had 7 kids of her own + she looked after many more like her own typical olden days joint family and then these several kids had on average 2 kids each of their own.. me being the eldest granddaughter got all the love and attention as I was born after 3 grandsons and so was a novelty for aunts and her.. the constant complain from my younger cousins is that by the time they were born after a long gap grandma had finished all the pampering on me and for her I was the prima donna to be served!!! .. I'm not complaining!!
    Kerman
    P.S. just a word of caution... my aunt would go on and on and on with her son to get married to his girlfriend so that she could be a grandma... one day my cousin looked at her straight in the face and said "ok since thats your reason then be prepared that in the next 9-10 months your wish will be fulfilled..and I really don't need to be married for that!!".. my aunt NEVER EVER raised this topic again!!!HAHAHAHA..

4 people like this.
  9. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Level1 parenting = Parents ~ Kids = A lot of gaps, responsibilities, lack of time/ resources and learning curves.

Level2 parenting = GrandParents ~ Kids = Desire to fill gaps/ coverups of Level1 Parenting ;-) and learning that no matter how hard or soft you play with the child, destiny matters .
    The only responsibility at Level2 parenting is sharing & churning more HAPPINESS with a BUILT up BANK BALANCE ;-) ... rest the kid's parents can break head this time!!!!!

Its also a magic for so many GPs to see how active their genecode was... that a look alike comes back as 3rd generation too............

4 people like this.
  10. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Chitra,

Since you got me started, You would have to bear with my upcoming snippet about my Experience being a crazy grand mom......!!!!!!!

I am sure you and my all wonderful Ilites would be patient by my overflooded emotional encountering being first time grand mom.

love
    Bhavna

1 person likes this.