1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

All about dancing!!

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by jasminderkaur, Aug 5, 2010.

1. jasminderkaur

jasminderkaur Senior IL'ite

Hi, I just wanted to start a discussion about various dance forms. All of us love dancing (weather its dancing ourselves or watching others!!). Do you know that there are 100s of dance forms across the world. each with its own unique history.... so lets discuss dance !!!

2. Sonya4mdelhi

Sonya4mdelhi Senior IL'ite

HI Jasmin,

Glad to see a new discussion on dancing.... i just love dancing....in fact i learn street jazz from the Ashley lobo's Danceworkx academy...

these guys are really good and very profesional.. they also hold 2 work shops in a year to showcase talent... and whats more every one who joins the workshop gets to showcase their talent and perform in front of an audience!!!

3. kk2009

kk2009 New IL'ite

hey Jasmin, since you were talking about danceworx, these guys start traning on street jazz to begin with.... so here a little history on street jazz... jazz dancing is extremely unique in that it has developed through the influence of several other dance styles and techniques. It grew up alongside the American jazz music tradition and like jazz music, has its roots in African and slave traditions. Later, though, it became entwined with tap, Minstrel shows, vaudeville, swing, and Broadway. As a result, the movements and styles associated with jazz dancing have been constantly changing over the decades. In the early 1900s, as black Americans became the forerunners of the jazz movement; jazz dancing was very closely related to tap dancing. In fact, a jazz or tap dancer was traditionally part of a jazz band, and these dance trends soon spread to the audience and the public.

Hope to share loads more!!!!