1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

All about Canada

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by marytharaken, Dec 21, 2009.

1. pritinew

pritinew New IL'ite

Hi All

Let me begin by wishing everyone Happy New Year. I was just browsing on the net and accidentl stumbled on this site and have immediately registered myself.

I am currently in India married for past 2 years. we have got our PR (i am the dependent) to canada n are planning to land in summers. we are contemplating between Toronto n Vancouver. I am currently into sales n my husband belongs to hospitality industry. along with a new country i'm looking forward to a change in my career too.

it would be great if anyone could help me in deciding between the 2 cities. am open to other suggestions too.

thanks to all in advance
    love
    priti

2. sathisiva

sathisiva New IL'ite

Hi rakhi,

Thank you very much for the info.
    Could you please guide me further if your time permits.
    We are three, myself, husband and 3 year old kid. How long does it take to process the application?
    What is the possibility that we can get the PR?

thanks,
    sathya

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2010
  3. Raechel

Raechel Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

Wish you all A Very Happy New year.

Mary - Firstly I would like to thank you for starting this thread, which is really helpful for people like me who are in the process of PR to Canada.

Rakhii - Good to know that Toronto still has opportunities for Accountants, I have heard a lot about Canadian employers being very particular about canadian experience and qualification, from what you have posted , i understand you did not have much difficulty in getting a job with indian qualification. Do share your experience in getting settled there and also about life for immigrants.

Pritinew - First of all let me congratulate you on getting the PR and wish you all the best for landing and do share your experiences here so that we can be prepared for our turn ( by gods grace).

And to all IL's in Canada, do keep on posting your experiences for prospective immigrants like me.

4. fchaze

fchaze New IL'ite

5. Raechel

Raechel Senior IL'ite

Hi Ferzana,

Thank you for the you tube link- good stuff, but I was not able to open that pdf link, can you please redo the link once again.

Thanks

Raechel

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  6. hellocanada

hellocanada New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I have created a group for those south asian ladies who are very soon moving to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">canada</st1:country-region> or in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">canada</st1:country-region></st1:place> . Share their experiences, help others, anything about jobs, about get together, abt day-to-day problems etc etc.

Anyone who is interested join us-

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canadiandesan/

Or our facebook page-

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Toronto-ON/CanadianDesan/152070823528?ref=nf

Looking forward to see you there.

7. NAYA

NAYA Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I need information regarding PR to canada
    My DH has 14 yrs experience in IT and working in US for last 5 yrs on H1B and I have done my B.tech(in EEE but no Experience) have kids in age 4 & 3 yrs .
    This are the questions I have
    Please help me by answereing it

1. would like to know how is the job market in Canada for IT people?
    2. Can the dependent(spouse) can work (If PR is approved for the main applicant)
    3.what is the duration to get once applied from US.
    4.Is it possible to apply PR to canada as Indian citizen from US.
    4.Can we apply ourself (through Canada immigaration website) or should go with any consulting agency.

Please share if any one have got the PR in IT field and working in canada.

I would appreciate for the help

thanks in advance
    NAYA

8. bubbly2009

bubbly2009 New IL'ite

1. would like to know how is the job market in Canada for IT people?
    Still searching answers for this question
    2. Can the dependent(spouse) can work (If PR is approved for the main applicant)
    Yes the dependent can work after getting PR
    3.what is the duration to get once applied from US.
    It depends on the in which category u apply.
    4.Is it possible to apply PR to canada as Indian citizen from US.
    Yes it is possible. Explore some things thru the CIC website.
    As far as I know:
    Federal Skilled workers: u have to be in the NOC list or have a job Offer. As far as I heard it takes year or more and it also differs.

AINP: If u r in H1B and classified as per their NOC Code in the list then u can apply. It will take a 1 year to get nomination and another 7-8 months for CIC process. This is the timeline as per my knowledge.
    4.Can we apply ourself (through Canada immigaration website) or should go with any consulting agency.
    We applied ourselves the forms were easy and I don't think going thru consultant is not necessary. This is my opinion and varies from person to person.

If u have any questions u can ask at anytime

9. NAYA

NAYA Senior IL'ite

Thanks bubbly for answering to my questions.

I have one more question that is it required to have job offer compulsory and apply for PR.

just want to know are you in IT applied for PR and from how long your waiting .

Thanks once again

10. bubbly2009

bubbly2009 New IL'ite

I have one more question that is it required to have job offer compulsory and apply for PR.

If u apply under Federal skilled worker, u should have a Job offer and the apply PR.
    As far as Alberta province(AINP) if u r job responsibilites comes under NOC code as per the list u dont need a job offer. What is ur Dh doing?

just want to know are you in IT applied for PR and from how long your waiting .

My Dh is not in IT.we applied to AINP and we dont have a job offer. We applied in December 2008 just now started the process of CIC which may take 6-7 months. prob. by middle of the year we would be able to get it (I Hope so).

Tk Care