1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Alive from Portrait

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by jayashreer513, Jul 27, 2015.

1. jayashreer513

jayashreer513 Silver IL'ite

*****************1**********************
    It was a Friday and Viji was returning from her office earlier. She left her house and got into a moffusil bus. She has to be there in her house by 2hours. Like most of the companies her company is in outskirt of city and takes at least 1:30 hrs to reach her house. Viji is a 24 year old woman with a perfect combination of intelligence, beauty and good nature. Her parents have decided to get her married b4 she turns 25 and they are working hard on it. They were getting the eligible guys prospectus, checking horoscopes and investigating. After all the filtrations, they have found Prabhu as the eligible guy for her. Today everyone from Prabhu’s house is coming to see her. Viji's parents showed her Prabhu’s photo, got her consent for this. VIji have already rejected lot of guys with photos itself and she didn’t want to get married. Her parents Muthuraman and Anbukarasi, both were very worried thinking about whether Viji would accept for the proposal. Viji said a yes instantly when she saw prabhus photo. Muthuraman and Anbukarasi were very happy to have finalized their only problem.
    Viji knows that this is not the first time she is seeing Prabhu. She has known him 3 years b4. Or maybe longer than that. She felt like an eternity. Viji closed her eyes and her memory dragged her to the time few years b4. She was in college 2nd year. She was a sweet charming girl. Whenever she happens to take a seminar she made people bind with her voice. Every one admired her for her intelligence and depth of programming language that she had. She had two best friends, Sunita and Revathy. Both were reserved when compared to Viji. Viji was an easy going girl, playing pranks on all the students. She had lots of friends in her class and everyone liked her. She is a very drop dead gorgeous girl and she didn’t have any air about herself. All in all, she was a happy go lucky girl with lots of friends and her own cool life.
    Weekend she had a personality development class along with other students in her year. There were around 2 people from every department and around 16 people were there in the class. They were asked to play, do some activity. She was mechanically playing. There came a skit session, where in the students were divided in groups for skit activity. Raj, Susheel and Nishant were group leaders and they had to choose their team members. Raj was studying in 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] year mechanical department, he stood on the dais and gave a look at all the 13 students down and his eyes were captivated with Viji’s beauty. Raj was a small town guy and he has never seen someone like Viji. Rich and gorgeous in every inch of her skin. She had an aura of classic beauty. He was dumbstruck and he chose Viji in his group. Throughout the skit preparation, Raj was talking various topics to impress viji. Viji spoke to him politely, but didn’t give a heed to him. Raj was narrating a class room scene, where in a student gives reply for not writing homework. Giving a dialog to Viji he said “I was watching Sunny Leon all night that’s why I didn’t study maam”. Viji asked him “Who is Sunny Leone?” Raj was shocked, he looked at Viji, “Was she teasing him or was she really that ignorant.” But he loved the confused expression on her face. But Viji realized something wrong and she didn’t ask anything. Later she googled and felt embarrassed. But, from then on Raj was head over heels in love with Viji
    Thereafter few weeks passed by, and Raj was always busy following, Viji everywhere. Viji was very fed up, and she cried to Revathy. “He is standing in front of ladies toilet today. He is following me even there. What to do, Reva?” Revathy, Viji friend pacified her. “Don’t worry we will find a solution for this.” Later that day evening, Raj stopped Revathy “Hi, I am Raj from Mech department. Shall we have coffee? “Revathy went for a coffee with Raj, they spoke for around half an hour.

Revathy later came to Viji “Hi Viji, I spoke to Raj. Asked about why he is troubling you. Told him that you are waiting for your boyfriend who is studying abroad. With the seriousness I told he almost believed me. He is asking for a photo. Bring any of your cousin’s photo tomorrow. We will show to Raj. And you can be free tomorrow. “ Viji came home and was looking though her family albums and she wasn’t able to get any of her cousins photo. Viji had a very great skillset of sketching and she decided to sketch a photo. Her sketches would look like a black and white photo. She took out an A4 size sheet and started her sketch. May be she has a dream, every girl has a dream and she never thought seriously about her dream man. Viji tried to focus and she started playing with graphite. At the end of 4 hours, there was portrait of her guy, who looked like flesh and skin. It was well past midnight when she finished sketching and Viji started laminating it. It looked like a black and white photo after lamination. And later Viji passed it to Revathy.

Revathy returned the portrait to Viji and Viji got rid of the problem with Raj from that day onwards. But, she was caught in someother bigger problem

*****************1**********************

2. jayashreer513

*****************2**********************
    Viji’s bigger problem was, she got obsessed with the portrait drawn by her. She was lost in the portrait. Viji started her day with goodmorning to photo. Being a lone child to her parents, she was most of the time alone, and she almost started getting obsessed with the photo more and more. Revathy told to Viji, “We will find where the guy is Viji, You don’t worry.” Thereafter, Viji was busy with her studies however, She was carrying the portrait wherever she went, waiting for the day when she would happen to see her guy. Two years passed by and Viji was travelling in a public bus for her 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] year semester exams. She missed her college bus and she didn’t have time to call her dad for dropping her. Since it was public bus, It was too crowded she could feel that some guy was too close behind and hissing on her ear. Even if she moved slightly, the guy moved along with her, she was so uncomfortable and she turned to face the guy.
    Viji could see only his first shirt button, never mind she told herself and with a controlled voice she said “Hey! Any problem? Why do you stand so close, you can leave alittle place in between, I won’t mind. “ She told that and lifted her face to see the guy. She felt like the earth under her feet were slipping away. It was her portrait man, well in flesh and little tension in his eyes. He went on “Hey your salwar zip is slipping open little by little. I am trying to tell you for long time. Turn your back to me. You are showing to others on that side.” Viji eyes were broad with tears and she suddenly turned her back again to the stranger, and settled to the earlier position snuggling little close to him. He said “Don’t worry, If you don’t mind I will zip it up. I too have a sister at home. You are also like my sister.” And then without notifying further with a ZRPP sound, he covered her, and when viji turned back her was disappearing in the crowd like his stopping has come.
    Viji was shocked too much to think clearly. She smiled to herself if that was her dream or the truth. “Guess what I have met my dream man. But he called me, his sister. “ She tried to focus on her exams but was failing as well “Would I be able to see him again?” was what she thought continuously.
    *****************2**********************

3. jayashreer513

*****************3***********************
    Next semester started after her leave. During her semester leave, Viji started travelling in that bus every day, looking for her guy and getting down in the same area and simply wandering in that area. She felt she has gone crazy. But she never stopped a day in all the 2 months leave she had. She was searching for him all the time. It has been 1 month after college reopened, Viji was travelling in her college bus to return to home. She heard a commotion in back seat and she turned back to see with sleepy eyes, yeah she sleeps in her bus to home. She saw her portrait man standing there holding another guys collar, and dragging him out of the bus, He was sobbing “No anna, Leave me.” He dragged him out of bus and asked the driver to start the bus. Everyone in the bus were murmuring. And no one knew what the problem was. Revathy was near Viji “Hey who is he dee?” Viji asked. Revathy smiled and said “Don’t you know dee…Prabhu anna..Joined our college for MBA final year. He is from XXX college that got closed this year. So, he has joined our college. Topper…” Viji clearing her head and took her portrait from her bag, and showed to Revathy “Doesn’t he look like this, or is it my imagination?” Revathy saw the portrait earlier some 2 years back but now again in. Revathy gave abroad smile “how come dee? Is he your cousin or you know him???” Viji felt relieved “Yeah he really does look like my sketch. Its not my imagination.” She thought to herself. During her entire travel she was stealing glances of Prabhu.

Prabhu is a tall, handsome guy. He has got a cute smile that could melt anyone’s heart. He has a friendly way of talking using which he could make friends with anyone. Though Prabhu and Viji were from different department they happened to travel in same bus. Few times due to space constrains she happened to sit beside him in bus. She liked the way he sat decently and also slept instantly without carrying about the pretty girl sitting next to him. She just thought that he is a decent guy. She has never seen anyone who doesn’t give a second glance at her, dur to her good looks but, Prabhu indeed did not care much about her. And she liked him for that. Actually Prabhu is not a reserved guy. He also chats so much with his friends, opens few other friends lunch box, he eats like buffalo from 3 to 4 Tiffin boxes. But He never talks with her. May be he didn’t get a chance to talk to her. Viji sits somewhere near him in her bus travel since she enjoys his talks, pranks, play and his fun. But she never dares to talk to him. Once when a girl in her bus had a problem with another guy harassing her he was the person to slap that rogue guy and push him out of their bus. But he didn’t complain about the guy to the staffs and he stopped the concerned girl from complaining also. Surprisingly next day the rogue came up to Prabhu, apologized to the girl and then he became a good friend of Prabhu.

Once in the way from college back to home, the college bus got repaired and everyone was pushing the college bus. But somehow Prabhu managed to repair the college bus. And he became a hero in their bus. And some other day another bus hit a buffalo on road and the poor animal was injured badly, He managed to stop the bus, fight with the driver and asked him to take the animal to hospital. In a short duration of time Prabhu made so many friends from college correspondent to Canteen staffs. “Truly he has got a million dollar smile” Viji used to wonder. With all this Viji was seriously impressed with Prabhu however she has not yet talked to him anything more than please move, thanks, and sorry stuff. She never had courage to talk more to him and she loved him dearly. With every day passing, she was craving to hear his voice. She always sat one seat ahead of him to hear him talking to his friend. She knew everything from his favourite hero, favorite author, books, players, games, pass time. Details about his school, college, crushes , family everything was in her finger tips.

On one Monday after a weekend, she was sitting in a seat just b4 Prabhu’s and was listening to his talks, and there was shocking news waiting for her.
    *************************3****************************************

4. jayashreer513

**************************4*******************************************
    Prabhu was talking to his close friend Vinay. The following statement was Prabhu’s narration to his friend Vinay "Macha!! Yesterday I got a call da on my mobile. Some unknown number. When I attended I came to know that it’s Shalini from our class. I was shocked da. I didn’t expect a call from her. In fact she has never talked to me. She told she has got some doubt in allied subject. She called me to the nungambakkam planet yumm. Anyways I was free. And what more could be interesting on a Sunday afternoon other than having food with someone like Shalini. I readily accepted and we met in planet yumm. She paid for my food. But all the while she never spoke to me about subject. We spoke all sweet nothings." Vinay finally replied "Ok da!! Then what happened?" Prabhu told "She wanted me to drop her in her home. I was scared. But still Being a man I didn’t wanted to show my fright to her. I accepted da." Vinay told "HEy stop what were u afraid of?" Prabhu told" Dey u donno about my mom and dad they are damn strict if they come to know that I roaming with girls they will seize the bike from me. But still i managed to hide my fright inside and dropped her like a brave hero but naa..." Prabhu made his voice husky "SHe hugged me and actually she was sitting very close to me. Mm..mm......." His voice became even huskier. Here Viji was listening to it carefully but she was not able to hear the last part. So far she has enjoyed overhearing him, but today she doesn’t know why she is feeling the pain as if someone is tearing her apart. She felt as though the most important thing in the world is to know what that stupid shalini has done to Prabhu.Prabhu's voice raised his voice a little then again I got scared alot and that was my breaking point. I stopped the bike. I told Shalini to go home on her own. Viji was over joyed anyways that the interference with Shalini has ended. Already a mosquito flew into vinay's open mouth. Vinay was really n a shocked state. But Prabhu continued "U know what she called me again in night. She proposed to me da. She is telling me that she luvs me machan. tell me da what shud i do?"Vinay spoke after 5 minutes. “Do u like her?”Prabhu replied "Hey who won’t like Shalini. She is a mallika sherawat of our college. Beautiful, hot and cute." Now, Viji's eyes were filled with tears. But she was careful not to allow it to drop on her cheeks.Vinay replied "Ok don’t tell anything to anyone. Now tell her that u need some time ok. Try to drag this issue. See if she considers this as passing affair or is she is serious."Prabhu nodded his head like a kid learning primary school rhymes. Viji was confused with her own reactions to everything. She was not able to sleep properly and she was praying hard that it should be a passing affair only. She avoided thinking about her feelings because she was all the more confused. right now she wanted Prabhu to be away from Shalini.
    ************************************4*****************************************

5. jayashreer513

************************************5**********************************************
    Next day in bus, Viji quickly glanced through the empty seats and found a place near Prabhu. As usual Prabhu was telling Vinay what He spoke with Shalini the previous night over phone. Both Vinay and Viji were listening to him. Viji didn’t know why she was reacting like this but she never stopped listening to the story that Prabhu narrated. As the day passed by she started loving Prabhu more and more just by listening to his story. That was strange to her. She was going crazy on him. Truth is stranger than Fiction.The final exams time came and Viji was performing badly in her exams. Everyone was shocked to see the change in her. Even her best friends Sunita and Revathy did not know the reason. Viji has noticed in recent time that Prabhu has stopped narrating Vinay his stories since Vinay advised Prabhu to stay away from Shalini. Prabhu was not serious in the beginning but later he felt whatever shalini was doing, it was because she has the sense of belonging to him. He was able to reason for everything that shalini did. Slowly Prabhu was complete lost in Shalini’s love. And Viji now thought that, she is not capable of changing Prabhu’s mind. She started to develop an inferiority complex because of being unnoticed by the person whom she loved the most. She stopped playing with anyone. She became a silent reserved girl. She finally decided to come out of the depression. She somehow with great effort managed to get back to her studies, but her jovial nature didn’t come back. She spent most time with her friends and family. She dreaded to be alone. Prabhu and Shalini were looked upon like love birds in the College Campus. Though Prabhu had to fight with few of his friends because most of them warned him to be away from Shalini Prabhu was happy. He didn’t want anyone except Shalini in this world. He was also placed in one of the best company in the world and was supposed to move to Delhi after the final exams. That is all Viji knew about Prabhu. After the farewell and Final exams all the students left the college campus with heavy heart. Viji has packed her bag she turned the pages in her diary. The diary pages were filled with her dreams. She has lived with him through this diary. Dreams are sometime foundations for reality. But sometimes they are the reality for coward people like Viji. She left college with an oath to forget him. Her common sense told her that it is meaning less. She thought that this was just a crush that she had on Prabhu and that would be a passing affair. But all the time in 3 years she has never had such a feeling with anyone. And when her parents asked her about marriage she was not even sure if she would be able to love anyone. When they showed Prabhu her happiness knew no bounds. He would be all hers after marriage. She has never believed in god. But these days she believes everything is happening because of god.
    *****************************************5****************************

6. jayashreer513

****************************************6************************************
    Viji opened her eyes to find that she has reached her place. She got down from bus and headed towards her house. Her mom Saraswathi was waiting for her. Already Viji could smell delicious aroma from kitchen. Saras “What Viji you could have applied leave today. See you look so tired. Ok don’t waste time now. Go and get ready before they come.” Prabhu’s family was supposed to come at 6p.m and it was 4:30 p.m only. So Viji slowly collected her night dress. She saw that her mom has pressed the Silk sari for her and all the jewels were kept outside. If it would have been other occasions Viji would have felt reluctant but today she wanted to dress her best to impress Prabhu. She was excited. While taking bath she was not able to stop herself thinking about Shalini. She thought may be they might have broken. And she was not ready to think more. She wanted to enjoy the present. Be it if he likes her or not she likes him and Viji was so sure that she would change his mind with her love. Her dad Chandrasekhar has also returned from house and her brother Charan was also at home. Viji washed her hair and wrapped a towel on her wet hair and came out of the bathroom. Just then she saw Prabhu on entrance gate. He was the same tall and handsome Prabhu, with little maturity on his face. He had a French beard on his chin. He looked more handsome. But his eyes were not the cheerful friendly on that she found 3 yrs b4. Strangely his eyes were throwing coldness. She looked at the clock, 5p.m yet how come. She thought she was hallucinating. Just then she heard her brother say “Come in.” Viji was surprised and dumbstruck. She noticed that there was a lady some 4 years elder to Prabhu, resembling his face cut was also with him. And there was a cute kid of 5 years in her hand. And she was looking at Viji with some interest. Viji turned back to run in. She heard the lady’s voice stopping her. “Hi Viji don’t go inside. I am Kamala. Prabhu’s sister.” Viji got embarrassed and she didn’t know what to do. She faced them and gave a sheepish smile. By then Saras and Chandrasekhar were there on entrance.” Come in ma. I expected you people to come by 6 only.” Saras invited with haste. Prabhu was quite all the time and Kamala said “Actually we thought that only I and my bro would come to see the girl with out make up, casually. I am sorry, we surprised you. Our parents will come at 6.” Kamala was very sweet and Saras instantly liked her. Kamala said “I am his sister ma. My hubby is working in Apollo hospitals. He is the cardiologist there. This is my son Sabari. He is studying U.K.G.

Kamala continued “And now Viji Please don’t feel shy we have come to talk to you only. Come sit here. Prabhu is a shy guy. So I will ask you questions on behalf of him.” Viji was looking simple from bath in an old dull night dress. Her beautiful almond shape brown eyes were shocked when she heard that Prabhu is a shy guy. She knew him very well. He was fun loving prankster in college. She was not able to look at his face in front of so many people but she wanted to look at him desperately to know his expressions. Viji was really confused now if this marriage is against his wish. What if he still loves Shalini and these people are going against his wish. Viji smiled at Kamala. Kamala asked Viji “So tell me more about you”. Viji started telling about herself and when she told that she completed engineering studies in CSINF Engineering College, Prabhu looked up at her in surprise and only then he seemed to have recognized her. He gave a mild smile to Viji. Viji instantly replied to his smile. And she noticed her brother, Charan warning her to smile less with his eyes standing behind Prabhu. Kamala spoke for half an hour and she asked if Viji has any questions to be asked to Prabhu. Viji was afraid to talk to Prabhu again. In her job everyone admire her for her boldness and intelligence but when it comes to Prabhu she is always a timid, love stricken girl. Viji was happy to find the woman alive in her. Viji slowly nodded a big no. Seems Prabhu was also not much interested to talk to her. Kamala came to help Viji to get her dressed up before Prabhu’s parents came. Within 30 minutes Viji draped the beautiful silk sari. When she came to give coffee and sweets to Prabhu’s Parents Navaneethan and Bhama, Prabhu saw Viji again. He remembered this girl Viji, as a girl traveling with him in college bus. Prabhu thought, if she has been in college, she must have known about Shalini also. Prabhu closed his eyes tightly and tried to come to the present. No doubt Viji has a flawless beauty. But Prabhu was not ready to trust any girl. He has come across whole lot of girls who were selfish. He strictly believed that women like his mother or sister are all from old generation. No girl in this modern world could be with unconditional love. Every girl has an expectation, expectation of money and only money and power. And she utilizes men for that. He was not ready for marriage. HE had great love and respect for his sister Kamala. She was the one who convinced him a lot. Kamala told him that she would find a girl like their other. Good and caring and with a lot of love for him. After two months of argument and quarrel with him Prabhu accepted to Kamala. Now Prabhu felt like running away somewhere. He felt all these thing crazy. How come two unknown people share their life together? And he know very well that girls are never to be trusted.
    ********************************6*********************************************

7. jayashreer513

***********************************7****************************************
    Prabhu was waiting for this drama to get over. Everything was for Kamala’s sake. With in an hour Sabari, Kamala’s son seemed to have become close to Viji. He was talking to her constantly asking her so many questions and Viji was replying to him patiently. Prabhu could feel that someone was looking at him he looked up to face the glowing eyes of Viji. Viji felt that all the other family members were busy among themselves and this was the right chance for her to look at him till heart content. But when she saw Prabhu staring at her suddenly she was embarrassed at first, however confused later. She could feel that Prabhu does not feel the way she is feeling. Viji was wondering if Prabhu is thinking about Shalini. She felt a pain. No I won’t be unhappy she thought I have my entire life to change him. Prabhu was sure that Viji is also like any other girl. She likes me because I earn so much. And she is looking at me shamelessly as if I am the most handsome guy in the world. He knew that this is one way of woman’s first technique to turn men crazy. But I am not going to fall for her. I will marry her and it will be like a business deal. Only if I expect and I don’t get it will be a disappointment. I won’t expect anything from her. I will pay for her food and give her money and let her cook for me. No love only business. Marriage is a give and take business. Prabhu left with his family. Sabari was talking constantly to Prabhu, seems he like Viji very much. Engagement was arranged the next month. Actually Prabu’s family and Viji’s family were put up in Chennai and Prabhu was working in Bangalore. Prabhu was driving the car and Kamala said to him “Dey I feel that Viji is a sweet girl. You need not be afraid. I can feel that she will fit herself perfectly into our family. SO don’t keep the old things in your mind and harass her. Treat her well. And now that everything is going fine. We expect you to talk to Viji. Talk to her. She is a normal girl with her dreams and feelings. Don’t disappoint her. All the way home Kamala was lecturing and advising Prabhu. He was listening to her with a nod. Sabari, Navaneethan and Bhama were all sound sleep. Engagement was arranged very simple and the whole time Viji expected that Prabhu would talk something to her. But he didn’t talk to her. Viji was really getting worried now. After engagement she spoke to Kamala. “Hi akka. Please tell me the truth. At this age everyone would feel likely to talk to their fiancé. He is not even looking at me. Is he is in love with anyone else. Is he is not interested in marriage. Is he feels I am not good looking. Or does he want me to change anyways. Please tell me why is not talking to me. Be honest.” Kamala was moved with Viji question. She was angry on her brother and she wanted to give a good bash to him. Kamala smiled reassuringly “Please ma. May be he is tensed with all this limelight. Even my hubby did the same. You know the reason why? he felt that everyone would be noticing us only during our engagement. May be he is feeling the same. Now he asked for your mobile number. I came to get that from you. Give soon” Kamala lied.She went straight to Prabhu and scolded him. Prabhu finally told Kamala “What sis she wants a confirmation that I have become a complete bakra.” Later that day Kamala made Prabhu to call Viji. Prabhu was actually feeling like a puppet with rope in his sister’s hands. He was talking whatever his sister asked him to. On the other hand Viji was really happy that he has called her. Viji was trying very hard not to show her feelings for him. Entire dream that she had for him might not be so interesting to him if he comes to know. So she wanted this to be an arranged marriage only. And she was talking very normally and in a friendly manner.

After 2 weeks Viji has come out of her shyness. When awake she talked to him or dreamed about what to talk to him. In sleep she talked to him in her dreams. These days her life has become so beautiful. Her parents were able to clearly see the differences in her. Her wedding was arranged on May month which was 6 months from now. Viji was still in Chennai and Prabhu was in Bangalore. She was not finding it good. She wanted to sit by his side and see his reactions when she talks which was impossible in phone conversation. Viji just felt that Prabhu is not so good in talking. May be he has matured a lot after college, so he is not the same. Viji “What Prabhu if I talk for half an hour also your talking only one word or two. I am getting bored” Prabhu was getting irritated with the whole drama. He felt no one could love him because he was not that special, May be only because of his earnings. He was finding a very difficult time to talk with Viji normally because every time she talks he could feel the tender love in her voice words how much ever she tries to control. And he found it all acting, fake and drama. Prabhu replied “Then don’t talk to me” Viji replied “how cum? If I don’t talk to you I don’t feel like eating or sleeping. What to do that’s why I am talking to you.” Prabhu felt like shouting aloud and to throw the receiver at one end. But he clutched the phone hard and said “shall I talk to you later”. He didn’t attend her call for next 2 days and replied that he was busy. Another time HE told her that he was busy and didn’t have his lunch. Viji unknowingly told him “Hey Prabhu I remember you having 3 plate meals in college canteen. Then what happened now. You should eat more for your work na.” Prabhu was caught in surprise. “I remember you in college but you remember so many things about me.” Viji replied hurriedly “No I just remembered. Now go and have your food.” Every time she tries to show her affection to him he talks to her rudely or just makes promise to call back. And he would not call her back. Viji was really getting fed up with his behavior. She found that she would never be able to change him with being in Chennai. She made a plan to know exactly what was happening with him. She raised a transfer request in her office to be moved to Bangalore division So that she could be away from her parents constantly watching him. She had few friends in Bangalore and she got a place in a flat where few other friends were staying. She confirmed that her friend flat was in same building where Prabhu was also staying. She told her parents that she is forced to move due to peer pressures. However her parents knew her intention and didn’t stop her. Viji wanted to give Prabhu a surprise. That month Prabhu’s birthday was nearing. She didn’t tell him anything about her transfer and she was already in Bangalore in her friends flat. She knew which flat was his and she arranged for cake and she was waiting till 11:30 in night. She called him, Strangely Prabhu was awake. “Hey I thought you would be sleeping.” Viji asked. Prabhu told “Project is in release phase. I was busy working. I returned just now. All the waste guys here have completed food. I am feeling hungry. So only I am not able to sleep. What’s your problem?” Viji thought “poor guy he is hungry so he is not able to talk also. Birthday with hunger.” Viji quickly ran to kitchen and started to make rava kichdi(South Indian instant dish) hurriedly.
    **************************************7************************************

8. jayashreer513

************************************8****************************************
    She was talking to him also simultaneously. She packed the food for him. And asked him what are his plans for tomorrow. By then the time was 11:55. She climbed up to his flat with the tiffin carrier in her hand and cake box in other. She arranged the candles on the cake and lit them. While doing all this she was talking to him. Viji went up to the door and slowly knocked the door. Prabhu told her over phone “Don’t know who is knocking the door at this time”. Viji replied to him controlling her laughter “Go and check it I will be online. It was 11:58 p.m and Prabhu came out, Viji made a comfortable place behind the doors and was waiting for him. She has dreamt about this in her dreams. And her Prabhu came out and he was searching for the person who has knocked the door. Viji was hold her breathe 11:59 ..one more minute to go. Prabhu looked really tired. 12:00 o’clock. Prabhu was facing away from her. Viji slowly went up to him and closed his eyes from back with one hand and in other hand she had candles. She whispered into his ears “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” Prabhu was in complete shock. If it had been any guy closing his eyes from behind, he would have jumped due to shock instantly. But it was Viji and he was complete shocked due to the soft cold palms on his eyes and the mild breathe that he could feel on his ears, due to her whisper. He could smell her fragrance. It was not any perfume it was her natural smell. And he could hear her soft heartbeat also on his back. All his sense organs were caught in surprise and he instantly knew it was Viji. His brain was ordering him to move away. He slowly turned towards her and showed surprised glance at Viji. Though there were butterflies fluttering in his stomach he tried to sound casually and wanted to be rude as well “what are you doing at this time here alone?” Viji was prepared for everything today She told him”Please don’t scold me now. Blow the candles” Just then Prabhu noticed the candles and cake. He blew the candles and Viji sang a soft birthday song for him. He had cake looking at her constantly. He was shaken a little with this action of hers. And then was the climax when she handed the rava kichdi for him. Prabhu slowly opened the box and started to have the food. It tasted delicious. He didn’t know whether it was because of his hunger. He completed the food. And he asked her. “What do you want from me in return?” Viji gave a confused look. “No you have cooked diner for me what do u want in return” He made it clear again. Viji felt like slapping him. He is not Prabhu. He is not my Prabhu, who unconditionally fought for everyone starting from a girl to a cow. Her eyes were filled with tears though she controlled not to cry. Prabhu was confused. As far as he was concerned he didn’t talk anything wrong. Viji slowly replied “This is not give and take business. Stupid! I felt bad because you didn’t eat. So I gave you food for my sake, to make me stop feeling bad. You won’t understand this until and unless you fall in love” He collected all the leftovers and hurried to leave. She felt that Prabhu was holding her hand. She turned to him for some love filled words. Prabhu “I will come with you till your flat” and he accompanied her. Prabhu was not able to understand Viji. He stopped thinking about her and after having a late dinner he slept instantly. And he thought Viji would not talk to him. Again Viji was the first person to call him in morning. She spoke to him as if nothing happened the previous night. Viji told him “Hey would you come to temple? What do you say? Just half an hour earlier then we will go to office.” He accepted instantly since Prabhu wanted to compensate for his behavior the previous day.

************************************8****************************************

9. jayashreer513

************************************9****************************************
    Later that day evening Viji came to home and cooked a nice dinner for him and she had bought a gift for him also. Prabhu came home later and Viji gave went to his flat to give food and gift. Prabhu was extremely surprised. He didn’t expect so much of care from her. And his inner conscious was warning him to be careful all the while. He just told thanx and was about to get into his flat. Viji patted him on his head and asked “Open your gift in front of me and say if you like it”. Prabhu sat there on the stairs and started opening the parcel. He expected a showpiece. But there was huge bundle of books of his favorite authors. He was stuck with surprise. He looked at Viji at she was eagerly watching him. He held her hand and made her sit beside him. “How do you know about my choices?” He asked. Viji looked into his eyes and said “Bcos I lo…err like you” . Prabhu gave unbelieving look and told her “See Viji No one has cared for me so much you are doing. Now tell me if you expect anything from me in return. I don’t know whether I would be able to give you in return. But will try. Why are doing so many things. You have cooked for me also.” For Viji, she was expecting something romantic from Prabhu. When she heard these words from him she felt like hitting him hard. And she stopped since it was his birthday. She was continuously looking at him. Prabhu asked her again “mm tell me.” Viji burst out” Stop this bull****. I don’t know what’s wrong with you. You mean to say everyone in this world expects something and only then they start loving. You don’t know the meaning of love. You are irritating, disgusting. You eat and have a nice time. Good night.” Viji was all the more irritated. She wanted to change him to the old Prabhu. But day by day she finds him a new persona and she was afraid that she might end up hating him. How his basic character could have changed so much. What has happened so badly to him? She was getting all the more confused. For next few days Viji didn’t talk to Prabhu. She was afraid that he might hurt her more.
    ************************************9*************************************

10. jayashreer513

*************************************10***********************************
    Prabhu was missing something. He missed the good morning calls, stupid fwd messages, sweet chatters, caring words, altogether he was dying to see her almond shaped eyes gleaming with expectation towards him. But he was still not sure what was she expecting from him. His theory of every woman’s selfish expectation is also failing in front of her. He wanted to talk to her but his ego was not allowing him to. Previously Kamala has told Prabhu that Viji does not like jewels or expensive saris. She is not a shopping freak. Weekend came and both were still in cold war. Prabhu came to know that the girls in Viji’s room have gone home for weekend and she was alone. On Friday evening after work he knocked her flat door. She was in her night dress. Beautiful from bath with no make up. She opened the door and was surprised to find him. He said hurriedly "I have got a headache. Can I have a cup of coffee?" She smiled at him. Prabhu felt as though his one week desperation has come to a halt with angels touch. She spoke as though he has never hurt her. He was getting impressed with this girl day by day. "How come she could be so cheerful, innocent and playful" he wondered. She made a coffee for him and she was boasting about herself "You know what; I make the best coffee in this room. Everyone likes my coffee so much". And she was continuously talking to him about the other girls in her flat. How different, difficult, friendly they were? And he didn’t know how 2 hours passed by. They had dinner together. She showed her room to him. The room was filled with her paintings. He was surprised to see her so intelligent, talented and yet so simple. She came up with an album, It was already 10p.m and both were not ready to go to sleep. Prabhu realized that even she has missed him so didn’t stop her. She sat beside him and she was showing him her photos from the age of 1 yrs. And the photos clearly revealed how much her parents cherished her and how much was she a darling to them. He was watching the album but when she smiled her cheeks were glowing like gold every time and he was finding a hard time to keep his eyes on the album. Viji was having the college album collections in her hands and she was on the page of college day function with Shalini walking on the fashion show ramp. Prabhu raised his arms and touched Viji’s cheek. Viji was happy because this was the first time that Prabhu is showing some interest towards her and she didn’t stop him. Viji felt as though she was floating. He placed a soft kiss on her cheeks and he sought her even more. He pulled Viji closer and just then he happened to see Shalini’s photo on her lap. Prabhu shook his head as though cold water was splashed on him. His face became harder with expressions. And he stood up. He didn’t look at Viji and he told "Viji I am leaving. Sorry". Viji was surprised and she saw Shalini’s photo was reason for everything. Viji thought "Am I a time pass for him to have lust and when his soul mate photo came in front of his eyes, he forgot everything." She cried a lot that night. She was not able to bear the thought of Prabhu thinking her as an item and then being drawn back because of the love he had for Shalini. She wanted some time to think. So she decided not to talk to Prabhu. As of Prabhu he was still confused whether he has exactly fallen for Viji and he was not really sure why Viji is so interested in him or rather what is so special about him.

*************************************10***************************************