1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Alignment

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

[JUSTIFY]It is all about alignment. I got really charged up by the post of Sabitha and Cheeniya Sir’s and other IL members’ responses to her post. Why Sabitha is suggesting let us look for miracles happening around us already rather than waiting for what we perceive as miracles? Why Sabitha and Cheeniya Sir are so excited when they see the rainbow? It is just a natural reflection of colors when light enters through the rain storm like the light entering the prism. Obviously, Sabitha and Cheeniya Sir are seeing something more than what my ordinary mind is capable of perceiving and understanding. Why time flies when we are happy and goes slowly when we are in disastrous circumstances? What swings our mind from happy to sad state of mind? Why some of us get very elevated when we hear the music in any form? Too many questions I did not get answers. When we are in doubt there are only four ways we could gain knowledge i.e. a) Pratyaksha (Direct perception), Anumana (inference), Upamana (comparison) and/or Agama (Tradition). I decided to pursue this through inferences, comparison and traditional information available in spiritual books as direct perception could happen only to someone who is a devoted being living in constant integrated awareness.

When I referred Christopher Hills’ book “Nuclear Evolution” discovery of the rainbow body, it clearly indicated that our body consist of seven chakras namely a) Muladhara (Coccygeal or Sacral) (red in color), b) Swadisthana (Splenic, Plexus Hypogastricus) (Orange in color), c) Manipura (Coeliac, Solar, Plexus Epigastricus) (yellow in color), d) Anahata (Thymus) (green in color), e) Vissudha (Pharyngeal, Plexus Cervicus) (blue In color), f) Ajna (Carotid, Medulla Oblongata) (indigo in color) and Sahasrara (Brain Dendrites) (violet in color). He explains that they are responsible for physical sensation, social, intellectual, acquisitive, conceptual, intuitive and imaginative faculties respectively. When I referred Wikipedia, the seven ragas namely Ṣaḍjaṃ, Riṣabh, Gāndhār, Madhyam, Pañcam, Dhaivata and Niṣād representing seven chakaras in our body starting from Muladhara to Sahasrara. Anyone who saturates himself/herself with the thoughts of nature like rainbow or ragas in music is in perfect alignment with his/her body and mind. In other words, they are in compliance with the Rules of the Universal Absolute. However small the duration is, it is a euphoria that they undergo during that period of time. This is why the learned people suggest that we should make constant effort to align our thoughts, words and actions.

Moreover, our body is made out of the same composition that we find in the world consist of ether (space), air, fire, water and earth. It is the vibration and radiation that is created at subtle level that provides materialization. In simple terms, our body consists of water as much as water we find in the planet earth. At the sub atomic level, our cells have proton, neutron and electron which I perceive as Satwic, Rajasic and Tamosic qualities that the scriptures explain in greater detail. When we are elevated enjoying the brilliance of the Creator, we are overwhelmed with Satwic quality, when we experience sense of fulfillment in our actions, we are overwhelmed with Rajasic quality and when we experience sense of disappointment, fear, and anxiety, etc. we are overwhelmed with Tamosic quality. Those who are able to remain in Satwic quality for a prolonged period of time can pursue the path of knowledge (Gnana Yoga), those who are able to remain in Rajasic quality and achieve a great sense of fulfillment through their actions can pursue the path of actions (Karma Yoga) and those who are overwhelmed with Tamosic qualities can pursue the path of devotion (Bhakthi Yoga) and get more energy. One or all of the above Yogas can be pursued only by control of mind and senses.

Our effort is to transcend all of these qualities and hence keeping connected with the nature enables us to keep up with noble Satwic qualities. When we experience Satwic and Rajasic qualities, the energy received from the source is enormous while we experience Tamosic qualities, the energy level is too low. That is when we need to follow the path of devotion through prayers to get additional energy. At the level of these three qualities, we are getting energy from the source and when we transcend these levels, the energy is infinite. This is what Dr. Jill Balte Taylor, a neuro scientist, in her Ted.com video (this is the video I have seen so many times in the last few years) that Aspire attached in his response to Sabitha. I also understand that the time and space restrictions are at the level of the body and when we explore above our mind into the stage of constant integrated awareness, we are no longer restricted by time and space. That might be the reason why Siddha Purushas are able to be in any form, at any place, at any time and are able to perceive past, present & future.

Lastly, I will end this post with the miracles that are happening without us noticing them. Do we really need to look for miracle outside of us? Isn’t a miracle that the world’s greatest pump, pumps blood non-stop for years and years without any maintenance shut-downs? What about the filter that eliminates all that is not needed by this body? How do we explain the miles and miles of intestine that digest food and convert it into energy? How about the five senses that receive information in our waking state? How do we inhale and exhale the vital air round the clock even during our sleep? How can we explain the miracle of the super computer in our head that process so much of information each day and stores them in our memories? How do we explain the thoughts that come to our mind from some unknown source? Who has designed, developed and still supporting all these activities every second in real time? Let us tune ourselves with this Supreme energy. It is all about alignment.

[/JUSTIFY]

8 people like this.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

thank you for that detailed post. i am delighted enough to know that some of what I write and what others' respond allows you to go further and dig deeper. Thanks to that, we have this snippet and I feel a little more informed after reading it. I am quite taken with your explanation of chakras and ragas. I have a friend who has spoken about this to me earlier (with out the specifics) and when she sings or teaches, she tries to remember this concept and make a difference. Need less to say, my kids learn music from her. While I understand the three gunas, I have never stopped to apply it to any person or myself and for some reason, I managed to do that with myself today and now I understand how i am more rajo guna and even some sathvik and why I am less drawn to prayers, not that I don't pray! Please don't mistake me, I do!

That video that aspire shared for some reason made a lot more sense and in a different way when I saw it after having read my own snippet and responded to others! This mind, I tell you! Looks like as humans we automatically apply one of the four (pratyaksha et.,) to our experiences and being human might lean more towards one of the thought forms! Very interesting to read and understand. So when we experience these miracles, we are in alignment and most of us have just moments of those. And being in that state is something that is most often achieved by siddha purushas. As simple humans, we should just grab those moments and live them, simply!

Thank you!

3 people like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Dear Sabitha,

Of course, your posts trigger a lot of thoughts and I am very grateful to you for that. I am glad you responded first to this post. I am also happy to know that a teacher understands the Chakras, teaches this concept to her students and your children are one among them. Regarding Gunas, it is more important to understand our dominant guna and practice the relavant Yoga. I believe all Yogas lead to the same destination.

Yes. We all gain knowledge through anyone of these four methods and mostly the last three as the first one is possible only when we become Sthithaprajnas. When we become a Divine entity, we also gain knowledge through direct perception as we become all knowing and our energy will be unlimited. Siddha Purshas don't achieve it quiet often but they realize that they are divine beings and remain in that state permanently. Yes. We should grab such opportunities to align and see whether we can remain in that expansive mode as much as possible. Our objective is to keep us elevated and begin moving towards achieving Bliss.

Viswa

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viswa
    I am now getting aligned to your thoughts! It was nice of you to dwell on Srama’s thoughts in greater depth. Hers was as short, crisp and terse as the opening words of Rig Veda ‘Agni Melee’ but how persistently it is engaging our attention! Miracles have different connotations for different people. If we are spiritually disposed, even a man or a beast walking in the street will be perceived as a miracle. ‘What is it that keeps this mass of flesh and bones mobile for a greater length of time than any man made machine?’ is a question that should lead us to a perception of a miracle. To an uninitiated simple human, a miracle has to have a supernatural element in it. Even if God comes like me in pants and slacks, he’ll just ignore him simply because his perception of God for generations is different.

Ansari of Herat, an erudite Sufi mystic, has the right answer for these people. ‘Can you walk on water? You have done no better than a straw. Can you fly in the air? You have done no better than a blue bottle. Conquer your heart; then you may become somebody’, he said. In fact, the Sufis regard miracles as ‘veils’ intervening between the soul and God. Great Hindu spiritualists also urge people to pay no attention to the psychic or supernatural powers that may come to a person as a byproduct of one pointed contemplation. Hindu and Buddhist spiritual leaders warn that the cultivation of such powers distracts the soul from Reality and sets up insurmountable obstacles in the way of enlightenment and deliverance.

This is the reason why I am so taken up with Srama’s take on the miracles happening around us. They are not miracles in a conventional sense but a mere perception of a mundane event as miraculous. That is the ability we must all strive to achieve. Gandhiji was once invited to visit a waterfall which was considered as one of the highest in the world. Gandhiji declined the invitation with a polite statement that it could never be higher than the rains that fell from over 20000 feet! With that kind of an attitude, nothing will be less than a miracle for all of us!
    Sri

6 people like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Thank you for your wonderful response. I am able to relate very well with what Ansari of Herat said about miracle. My Guru taught us, "The greatest miracle in the world is the transformation that a human being experience from his effort in pursuit of the world to an effort in pursuit of enlightenment". He used to call the occult powers one develops when he is in a spiritual path as flashing neon signs by the side of the exit roads closer to the super highway (spiritual path). If we decide to take a diversion, it takes a long time for us to get back to the super highway again.

But there is a subtle difference between developing such powers ourselves and admiring the wonderful creation. I understand the point that as long as we admire the creation of the Lord, we continue to delve on duality thinking that God is over there and I am over here and so on. But for me to seek enlightenment, I need motivation and unless I see the enormous energy that is infinite at the other end providing unsaturated happiness called Bliss, it is difficult for me to renounce my desires and attachments. I after all has not passed the stage of worshiping the form as opposed to formless. Therefore, I felt that aligning ourselves to the Rules of the Lord shows us what I call us the path to the salvation. It is a struggle that I go through before realizing that I should not try to understand the Divinity but feel it. Please forgive me if I am wrong or preaching to the choir.

The monkeys allow their little ones to hug their hip when they jump from tree to tree and leave their grip to determine whether they would withstand the jumping from branch to branch whereas cats carry the kittens holding them by their mouth so that it would pass through any small hole without any huddle. Kitten's path is the path of surrender and monkey's path is the path of knowledge which are called "Marjala Kishora" and "Markada Kishora" respectively. I am neither a monkey nor a kitten and watching and admiring quietly the monkeys and the kittens.

Viswa

3 people like this.
  6. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa Sir,
    What a lovely, enriching post...!
    Felt like attending a session and thanks a lot for sharing us the essence of your years of reading and assimilation in a concise, crystal clear post.
    This particular portion answered one of the questions I had in my mind for a long time- I meditate regularly and follow the daily prayer routine, but on some days I felt my devotion would be more and on some other days less, probably it is the alignment and balance at work.

Thank you.

2 people like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Dear Bhargavi,

Thank you for your kind words. I am so glad you enjoyed reading it. I honestly believe we keep moving among these three gunas. But if most of the time, we are Rajasic, we need to engage our body in significant actions (Karma Yoga) and thrive in doing them skillfully, selflessly and lovingly. When we do that we are meditating 24/7 and all our actions become act of the Lord with no karma accumulated for our actions. If we are Satwic guna most of the time, we can explore spiritual knowledge (Gnana Yoga). If we learn a few, we discover much more as our core is all knowing. When we delve on tamosic guna, we are in fear, anxiety, low self-esteem, etc. and we pray (path of devotion). When we make one step to pray, the Lord makes ten steps to listen and provide us what we deserve. All paths lead us through the steps of concentration, contemplation, meditation and realization (Samadhi). Whether it is seeking action, knowledge or devotion, we need to first learn to concentrate, then practice to contemplate, experience how to meditate and become realized soul. Mostly the word meditation is used for silent sitting where our mind waver from one thought to another. True meditative state is when we have conquered concentration and contemplation and remain thoughtless forever. Thoughtlessness is what the learned people call conquering our mind, mindless state or over the mind. We need to cross over the barrier of the mind to reach the meditative state.

Viswa

4 people like this.
  8. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Viswa,

The one you described is the greatest miracle of our creator.

Rev.Pandurang Shasti says in Gitamrutam," The doctors could be the most spiritual persons as they observe and study so closely about human body.Scientist have been unraveling all the facts and trying to build lifelike robots but they could not come close to the creation of our creator.

The most amazing phenomenan is the growth of human body from new born to older stage.Often times I wonder the brilliance of our creator.I feel I did not realize when my kids became adults although I was there 24/7, could not catch this continuous process,which seems to me miracle of the Almighty.
    All these facts are proving the facts about HIS love and compassion for HIS children.

I would love to sum up by quoting these verses,

These two verses are close to my heart as Lord Krishna's promise is giving us immense gratification.
    Adhyay 9 verse 22 But those who always worship Me with exclusive devotion, meditating on My transcendental form -- to them I carry what they lack, and I preserve what they have.

Adhyay 18 verse 65 Always think of Me, become My devotee, worship Me and offer your homage unto Me. Thus you will come to Me without fail. I promise you this because you are My very dear friend. :

"In the Gita the Lord has assured us that he is always with us, within us, to guide us, to help us live our lives. He will never let his bhakta down. This is a promise. God always keeps his promises." What power the words had. They entered right into my soul, giving me a great sense of confidence and peace.

"What does the Gita say? It says, `Stand up. Don't give up. Do. Act. Don't despair. You are not alone. I am with you. Come on, face life. that the Gita is not just an abstruse or esoteric philosophical text, but an assurance of help and hope. It preaches a positive, affirmative attitude to life. It uplifts and encourages. That is how the Gita is to be read.

4 people like this.
  9. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

Mithra: Such a spiritual article. The word that came up in my mind for title after reading your article is "resonance".

Resonance is a topic by which I always used to be fascinated while studying engineering.

In physics, resonance is the tendency of a system to oscillate at a greater amplitude at some frequencies than at others. Resonance can also be described as a process of initiating and amplifying a vibratory response in a receiving system that is attuned to an emitting system.

It is very important to understand that resonance starts only when the frequency of two systems (receiving and emitting) are almost matching.

To be in "alignment", the trinity of one's desire (from source), one's belief (and/or thought) and one's focus (and/or action) all have to be "resonating" at the same frequency.

6 people like this.
  10. Viswamitra

Dear Bhavna,

Thank you for your very comprehensive response to this post. I am so happy that you shared your experience of watching your children grow up right in front of your eyes, without you realizing how quickly the time passed even though you were with them throughout this period. Growth of human body is certainly a miracle by itself without any doubt. Physicians are still researching how our neuro system works and they are finding new things every day as I write this.

The portions you quoted from Gita are very profound. It is our deep sense of concentration, contemplation and meditation that takes us to the destination of Samadhi whichever path we choose. Renouncing is always misunderstood as going to the forest after giving up family life whereas it is renouncing all of the desires and attachment except pursuit of Samadhi. Without the light in us, we can't function even for a second. We don't have to touch a wire to feel the electricity and we will notice it by its power at a light bulb or a fan. The Universal Absolute is in vital form both in molecules as well as in the Universe. He is Omnipresent, Omniscient and Omnipotent and is formless.

Viswa

1 person likes this.