1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

'Alarming' call!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Aruna,
    You are one lucky one...in spite of DS and DH set alarms...they get up before you get up...:)
    For me too, if I think I want to get up at this time, in the morning I usually get up...but sometimes I would go late...I will console myself..ok..if this the case today, no problem at all..everything would be taken care of..like-wise..

sriniketan

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  2. Sriniketan

Saikripa,
    Sometimes I used to think, whether only the clock have the snooze button...even we do isn't it!:rotfl

sriniketan

3. Sriniketan

Saraswathi,
    Haha..you imagining me running around the clock..it will not happen, mainly because of the fact that I am not going to buy it for her..
    Your idea of tickling...needs a :clap and would be welcomed by people like me, if you seriously think about implementing it..:)

sriniketan

4. Sriniketan

Roopa,
    After reading your fb, I thought...maybe I am in a better position compared to your DH's cousin sister's mom and sis..need not wake up to wake her up, but only wake up after hearing her alarm..Big Laugh
    I feel very sorry for that BIL of yours...who has to get up and put the alarm off..

sriniketan

5. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Bhargavi,

I never use an alarm clock .... If I wanted to wake by 4.30am or 5am.....
    automatically I wake up at the very time ( + or - five minus).
    So, I am believing my body clock, till date. That too, whenever wanted
    to start for a trip or for a function.... I am the first to wake up, well in advance.

6. Sriniketan

Gowri,
    Need not worry about the man-made alarm clock...you already have one in the name of bio-clock :) .
    I think you would be alarm for those around you..:biggrin2:

sriniketan

7. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Exactly....I was supposed to write the same... you have told !!

8. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Dear Srini,

This is really a good as well as funny topic to discuss.I do not sleep deeply and I will easily wake up in the first alarm ring.My husband sleeps like anything(Belongs to Kumbakarna group..!) and keeps the alarm on my cellphone so that he does not get disturbed...!I used to wake up first and get ready and will start my usual process of waking him up.He will say "5 mins ma" for 10 times in a duration of an hour and wake up.

Good topic indeed!

9. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,
    Nice topic, I think that an alarm is a boon specially on days we have to leave outstation or go on a long trip, but otherwise I tend to wake up on time or 10 mins later, otherwise the whole day's schedule goes topsy turvy.

10. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Friend, this was quite funny really. And it reminded me of a chap I had heard of. He too used the snooze button, but he didn't disturb anyone in the neighbourhood. As it turned out, it was he who felt disturbed by the repeated alarm signals that the snooze button produced. He would keep pressing the snooze button every time the alarm sounded and go back to snooze mode himself. One day he could not bear it anymore. To put an end to the torture, he picked up the alarm clock and threw it out of the window!! True story. :rotfl

oj