1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

'Alarming' call!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,
    Does this title meant that I am going to talk about things which would describe this as...'this is the time to react..this is the awakening call. Arise and Awake...(.like a politician, or like a doctor or even like a spiritual guru.)' :wink:
    I am not that much knowledgeble to write any such things...I am always at the receiving end..at these matters...:biggrin2:
    Go ahead and see what is in store..:hide:
    I am to the extent of getting that 'alarm' clock out of my daughter's hand and keep it somewhere..so that it is not going to disturb our routine, of course, I do mention the sleep.:)
    She keeps alarm at odd times...say, starting from 11 PM, 1 AM, or 3 or even 4 AM.. no problem at all at these hours...what is the main problem is ..that it doesn't work for her Rant.but it works for us..Big Laugh
    She will press the button off and we used to think that she has put it off and got up....but then after 10 min.or so..the alarm will go on..without doing its work..once again..bonk.
    In fact, after a longtime, I came to know that she always presses the snooze button and goes back to sleep..Rant
    Many times we told her either she must get up at the first alarm or the second or put off the alarm episode...altogether..
    Nothing works till now, just like the alarm clock...:iagreewhich works for the people around it and not for the 'owner' herself!:confused2:

sriniketan

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi

As usual you always come up with something different.

The last line which you have mentioned is vey true.

Nothing works till now, just like the alarm clock...[​IMG]which works for the people around it and not for the 'owner' herself![​IMG]

Some alarm clocks wont work when it is really required. I never rely on these alarm clocks . when I have to get up earlier than theusual time the previous night I dont get proper sleep as I will be worried that I should get up at the right time. My husband sleeps early and gets up early so rely on him to get up early.

Good post. Enjoyed reading it.

lov
    viji

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Big B,

Good one !. Iam the alarm gal at home because I am the first to get up....Normally keep at 5 a.m. and will press snooze but after 10 min it will go again and I will also be up but all these will not be heard by Hubby as he will be in paradise (a la kumbhakarna's brother...)Big Laugh. Iam safe here as he does not see my posts otherwise theriyume bonk

But for a change my elder dd does keep doing these. She will ask me to wakeup as she goes after her father in sleeping and does not hear the alarm.... so my ordeal starts every 10 min I have to check whether she is up or still dozing....:crazy:hide:

4. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Nice write up.The same case with my daughter as well.Even today morning it was blaring away to glory and we had to come around to put it off.....................

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi srini,
    can relate to your post as dd does the same too...keeping it then putting it on snooze and it ringing every ten mins...really irritating but nowadays have learnt to patiently wake her up every ten mins as it is for studying anyway....but abs right about the alarm waking up everyone else instead of the intended person :)
    i am also like viji if i have to leave early morning i wont sleep at all the previous night ....
    love
    Mindi

6. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Srini,

Good write up. The 'alarming' got me here.Big Laugh

Well my hubby has the habit of setting the alarm and NEVER ONCE does he get up at the desired hour. The terrible thing is he has set this number, 'I am so lonely' as his alarm song. Its so horrible to wake up in the morning and hear the song . So our Suprabat begins with myRantRantRantfor setting such a terrible alarm tone. Sometimes I feel its more to wake me up knowing how irritated I get with the tune. And whether the alarm wakes him up or not, my Rantsure does:).

Good post.:thumbsup

Love,
    Devika

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Bhargavi
    As always I was expecting something along these lines.. you have written so well..
    Sometimes in winter months its difficult to get up:)

Did you know there is a rolling alarm clock. When it starts to ring it starts to roll and so you have to run around to even hit the snoozeBig Laugh

sorry Devika felt sad for you that your dh keeps that tone inspite of your having said it bothers you.

8. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Bhargavi
    Very interesting post as always.. enjoyed reading your daughters experiments with the snooze button
    Your last line is good one dear:)

9. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Srini,
    You have every topic and reason to blog! Alarm is an integral part of me. I'm the one who keeps this before wedding as well as now......While studying, i used to wake up at 3 am to revise....but will make sure that no one gets disturbed...Amma used to ask me..when were you up? nu...but she will make sure to keep a cup of milk and decoction for me and sometimes appa will wake up and make a coffee for me!.........Nostalgia :)

Let me not digress....

Now a days, i keep alarm for 5 am, snooze it for 10 mins and i "have" to be up by 5.10 else...............its a mad mad rush..so i fear this and get up to do my chores :thumbsup

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sriniketan,

Same pinch.

Dd sets alarms at 3.00/3.30 somedays...and i am a very light sleeper, I cannot sleep after waking and also no naps in the day time...imagine my plight. Rant

the regular alarm starts at 4.30,everyday, i wake her at 5.00, and DS at 5.30 for his cricket coaching.

I don't have an alarm clock..but have 3 alarms going around...wondering..one goes on my bsnl wll phone that gives me the loudest alarm that could wake the whole street baring my kids...Big LaughBig Laugh and another on my alarm, which is a theme called soul but does not do much to my soul....and the third is myself, who cannot sleep after 6.00 anytime...Big Laugh