Al Ain-Tourist Places to see

Discussion in 'Other Areas in UAE' started by priyanka, Oct 10, 2007.

1. priyanka

priyanka Junior IL'ite

Hi

I am going to Al Ain with a few friends in this EID holidays.We will be going just for a day.I have heard about many places to visit.Please suggest few not to miss places in Al Ain and some south Indian Restaurants.

Thanks
    Priyanka

2. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

Re: Al Ain

Hi Priyanka,

Enjoy your EID holidays in Al Ain. I have never been there except that last year when i travelled thru dubai to South Africa due to security reasons or some reasons on September 11th, our flight landed on Al Ain instead of Dubai. It was a small airport, they didnt allow us to get down. We were inside the flight for more than an hour and i missed my Dubai Airport shopping and i was crazily running to catch my SA flight as it was waiting for us. All flights were delayed that day.

Al Ain - What i saw was like Rajasthan soil, plain land nothing near by the airport.

So, do tell us your experience as you are going to proper Al Ain.

Bye:wave
    BALA

3. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Al Ain

Dear Priya,

In Al Ain, you can visit the Fun City and Zoo and towards evening you can go to the Jebel Hafeet and the hot spring near it.

But before Eid you will not get food in the after noons. So it is better to carry food and water with you. Also remember you cant eat in the open.

In todays newspaper, Eid is stated to be on Saturday so if u are planning to go on Friday you will have to arrange for food yourself. From Saturday everything should be back to normal.

So take care, be prepared and Happy holidays.

4. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Al Ain Fun City, Jebel Hafeet & Ain Al Fayda are nice places to see. I saw in the newspaper a few months back about the Night Safari in Al Ain Zoo. Please check it out.

But Fun City will be crazily crowded during Eid holidays.
    Enjoy your holidays.
    Regards
    USHA

5. priyanka

priyanka Junior IL'ite

Hi

I enjoyed my Eid Holidays in Al Ain. We just visited the Hilli Fun City and Zoo as were very tired to visit any other place. It took us nearly 2 hours from Sharjah. The fun city has many rides but hardly any are working. Due to Eid they had few working rides. The must visit is the theatre with all the effects and an ice rink (if you know to skate).
    Next was the zoo. The reptile section was really scary .I could only think of the Harry potter movie in which the python comes out. The zoo has many beautiful species. We saw many animals for the first time like the gorilla, ostrich, different types of pythons and penguins.1 day is not enough to enjoy Al Ain.I really loved the place.

Do visit but better during Eid holidays.
    Priyanka

6. priyanka

priyanka Junior IL'ite

Hi All

Check out Al Ain fun city and Zoo.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  7. shans

shans New IL'ite

hi,

I wish to know the working environment as researcher for Indian girl in UAE university.

I have no idea about this place, It would be of great help, If you could kindly send your suggestions. I strongly depends on your suggestions, then only I shall inform my Professor about my decision.

Thanking you in advance

warm regds
    shans

8. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shans,

Al Ain is a beautiful place with lot of greenery, it has good farms and supplies vegetable to other parts of UAE. It is an oasis. Lot of residential areas. It is a very nice beautiful place.

Dont worry you will find lots ,an lots nd lots of indian faces here, nothing to worry about. The total UAE environment will be like as if you are in India. Ladies are very safe in UAE. People stay in Al Ain even if they work in Dubai as dubai is expensiv, it is also other way round, people who like dubai, abudabhi will stay there and work in Al Ain. You have indian restaurants, indian all around.

You will be thinking why i am contradicting my statement compared to my reply in the beginning of this thread. I have never been to Al Ain myself except for the airport landing area, not even got down from the flight. I got all this info from my cousin who is here in UAE for the past 20 years. People in Dubai, abudabhi go to Al Ain to spend their holidays/weekends etc. Abudabhi Sheik was born in Al Ain.

Dont worry at all you will feel at home in UAE - language / restaurnts/ doctors / etc... no problem.

I hope i helped you.

Bala

9. mrmholdings

mrmholdings New IL'ite

[hay, am just 2 months in dubai. just give a post after u finish the trip to al ai9n, as am interested to hve a drive to al ain..have fun
    rgds
    Riz

10. ALainLover

ALainLover New IL'ite

Best tourist destination in UAE.I love it AL AIN ZOO,JABAL HAFEET etc......